Ohio representation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update: So the plenum spacer does not work on the HR sedan and there is no spacer for my year. I talked to Tony and he told me to return it for a full refund.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by DrGeeMD
Update: So the plenum spacer does not work on the HR sedan and there is no spacer for my year. I talked to Tony and he told me to return it for a full refund.
that's good to hear! i think it's time for a stillen long tube intake!

here's my update: HKS Sport Exhaust installed! sounds sweet, taking off the stock muffler was a pain in the *** because the nuts were rusted to the bolts but after i got it off (which involved a lot of PB blaster) install went by pretty quick. Video w/ audio clips to come...sometime eventually...

Old 05-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DrGeeMD
That sucks Brian. I feel partly responsible...I should have done a bit more research before recommending that to you.
Well, now you have other mods to look forward to anyways...and at the very least, you got some wrench time in and you know your engine bay a lot more intimately.

On a more positive note, after sticking my entire head into the inner liner of my wheel well I got my fogs changed out...they look good, lets hope they last because that was a PAIN. I'll try to snag some pictures shortly.
Also got myself completely unnecessary interior candy...ARC Ti shiftknob.
Love the blue to purple to tan...matches my cars exterior and interior nicely. If it would have come yesterday I could have popped it now I have to wait until I have more free time. For now, a picture on my desk...

Last edited by stradaONE8; 05-26-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Arnab, that is so not your fault. Totally mine. It's cool. I had a good time just getting hood time in yesterday anyhow. can wait to see your fogs and your new shift ***!

Old 05-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by stradaONE8
That sucks Brian. I feel partly responsible...I should have done a bit more research before recommending that to you.
Well, now you have other mods to look forward to anyways...and at the very least, you got some wrench time in and you know your engine bay a lot more intimately.

On a more positive note, after sticking my entire head into the inner liner of my wheel well I got my fogs changed out...they look good, lets hope they last because that was a PAIN. I'll try to snag some pictures shortly.
Also got myself completely unnecessary interior candy...ARC Ti shiftknob.
Love the blue to purple to tan...matches my cars exterior and interior nicely. If it would have come yesterday I could have popped it now I have to wait until I have more free time. For now, a picture on my desk...

am i the only one that wants to see pix of arnab with his head stuck in his wheel well?

sweet shift ****...what are you gonna use as a finisher?

Old 05-27-2009, 12:09 AM
Ben, gratz on the new purchase! You'll have to throw that thing on the dyno to see if it was blessed by the car gods too!

Teddy, welcome to the push button club :P

Dal, I have no words for how awesome your car is. Wish my friends weren't having their wedding the same day as Alum Creek so I can check it out.

Sorry for not posting in a little while guys, been buisy working on my new place.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:14 AM
Ben was there laughing at me...

I'm not sure yet about the finisher. I have two options it seems:
1) Rubber plumbing shank...painted to interior color, shaped, etc.
2) Metal finisher (from Zeetoyz) with some fiddling. Again, might have to dull the finish to match the Ti ****. I don't like the bright silver with the darker and more colorful Ti.

I have seen some without any finisher at all...so who knows...I haven't really worked out where I want to go with this. I don't have any time right now anyways, so the **** probably will sit around for the next month...

Old 05-27-2009, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by TeddYang
am i the only one that wants to see pix of arnab with his head stuck in his wheel well?

sweet shift ****...what are you gonna use as a finisher?
It was pretty comical seeing him with his head in there. All I could see was from his shoulders down and it sounded like his car was talking when standing at the front and I couldnt see him. I didnt even think to get my camera and take a pic sorry. Oh on another note they had to send my car to the Rifes to get it buffed because the guy that IOC uses couldnt get it any better and Brad said he knew that I wouldnt be happy with it so hopefully Ill get it back today.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:30 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by BuckeyeG
It was pretty comical seeing him with his head in there. All I could see was from his shoulders down and it sounded like his car was talking when standing at the front and I couldnt see him. I didnt even think to get my camera and take a pic sorry. Oh on another note they had to send my car to the Rifes to get it buffed because the guy that IOC uses couldnt get it any better and Brad said he knew that I wouldnt be happy with it so hopefully Ill get it back today.
WOw, it seems Doc, tedd and I left too soon! That is just too funny. Benny you could take some pointers from me...ALWAYS have your cell phone camera ready!!! Just like Tedd and the rice..

Its funny watching and knowing how you two did that. I installed my new fogs without taking the wheels off, on the ground, all by feel and I think I was done quicker than it took to take the wheel off. (One of them I did with the wheel off, and the other with the wheel on, and it took about the same time)

Tedd, I am glad that you got your exhaust on...now I am jealous. I need one...hmm, I wonder if there will be any handmedowns soon?

So guys when I left, how did the pop charger sound? My daughter screamed "Weeeeeeee" and then followed that up with "Daddy, you cant do that!" hahaha, really? she is a nut. I think I will keep this car for when she starts driving so she will have the only car that still drives without wings!

Update on the Ohio G Club Forum...

A message to our new Moderators Mike (IrockAG35) and Dal (azndalboy) from the admins has been sent out and it seems the CLub is in the final stages of appoval. That means in short...our own Club forum is about to become a reality!

I want to thank everyone in advance for your patience with the progress...Have a great day everyone!

Old 05-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Ohio G Club Member
i used the ballcock shank washer as the finisher for my nismo ****, but my interior is black as well as the shift **** so it all matches. i don't think they sell a wheat colored shank washer

with your interior i would go with the zeetoys finisher and just deal with the shininess. OOOOOR you could just bring the boot all the way up to meet the ball?

i think our forum section is taking on the mythical properties of dal's car. we all hear about it, hear that progress is being made...but have yet to see it?!?!?

Old 05-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeG
Oh on another note they had to send my car to the Rifes to get it buffed because the guy that IOC uses couldnt get it any better and Brad said he knew that I wouldnt be happy with it so hopefully Ill get it back today.
They damn well better know it should be perfect or you wont be happy...and too bad you didn't get some pictures...could be my new avatar.

Originally Posted by g-adabout
Update on the Ohio G Club Forum...

A message to our new Moderators Mike (IrockAG35) and Dal (azndalboy) from the admins has been sent out and it seems the CLub is in the final stages of appoval. That means in short...our own Club forum is about to become a reality!

I want to thank everyone in advance for your patience with the progress...Have a great day everyone!
Hooray! Spam central here we come.

Originally Posted by TeddYang
i used the ballcock shank washer as the finisher for my nismo ****, but my interior is black as well as the shift **** so it all matches. i don't think they sell a wheat colored shank washer

with your interior i would go with the zeetoys finisher and just deal with the shininess. OOOOOR you could just bring the boot all the way up to meet the ball?

i think our forum section is taking on the mythical properties of dal's car. we all hear about it, hear that progress is being made...but have yet to see it?!?!?
I wish they made a wheat colored shank washer...lol. I might get the metal one and do some custom mods to it. We'll see. I know I'm going to have to add something between the piece and the **** so it doesn't scratch and rattle. I might try to sand and paint the outside something to match my inside or the **** itself. Talk about freakin work for a shift ****. Might be easiest and cheapest just to say screw the finisher and leave it on there without one.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello all, i'm a new G35 owner and had recently posted in the Intro section and then found this thread for ohio, so since i live in cleveland i figured i would put a post up.

I've had my G for almost two months and i think its safe to say the mod bug has started to go away... finally lol

here is the link to my intro page....

https://g35driver.com/forums/new-mem...89547-hey.html

Old 05-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Welcome to the club! Photos look great!

Old 05-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by Skyfox16
Hello all, i'm a new G35 owner and had recently posted in the Intro section and then found this thread for ohio, so since i live in cleveland i figured i would put a post up.

I've had my G for almost two months and i think its safe to say the mod bug has started to go away... finally lol

nice another sedan!

Old 05-27-2009, 12:00 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Skyfox16

Welcome...and the modd bug goes away?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ohio representation?