Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

To all uk owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom,
does that mean we will get some kind of credibility on the skyline owners club forum ???
Rob

Old 05-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by reelybroke
Tom,
does that mean we will get some kind of credibility on the skyline owners club forum ???
Rob
I think its only a matter of time

The quote i was taking was from the GTR site gtr.co.uk I dont think he posts on skyline owners site.

Went to Santa pod today and met a couple of 350gt owners who dont post on here so i have pointed them in our direction

I also got to be a passenger in Kieths (big chief from skyline owners) drift car today, it was superb. My mate took some video of it so as soon as he loads it i will post it up.

Here is the drifting video, im the passenger

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?vid...F80CvFMM&hl=en
Tom

Last edited by ukgt; 05-11-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:26 PM
I'm on the skylineowners.com forum and they seem a ok bunch when it comes to the V35.
Quite a few said that as long as it said Skyline on the back they didnt care, so maybe we'll be accepted after all.
I'm taking mine to Knockhill with the folk from Skylineowners.com for the EDC next Sunday and i think that i'll be the only V35 in their section.

But for those that are just stubborn they need to be reminded about the history of the Skyline.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Irn-Bru
I'm on the skylineowners.com forum and they seem a ok bunch when it comes to the V35.
Quite a few said that as long as it said Skyline on the back they didnt care, so maybe we'll be accepted after all.
I'm taking mine to Knockhill with the folk from Skylineowners.com for the EDC next Sunday and i think that i'll be the only V35 in their section.

But for those that are just stubborn they need to be reminded about the history of the Skyline.
Yes it seems to be getting better. Im hoping to have my car ready to go to germany with 40 or so of them in July.
Don't get me wrong they have been fine whenever i meet them around the shows, but i guess the easiest way to explain how i feel is that when im on their site i feel like im gate crashing

Old 05-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Tom i gotta say, your car looks slick! bet you cant wait for it =)

back to the fuel type, i just use super.. be it vpower or bp ultimate.. read somewhere that these need high octane fuel so havnt fueled up anything but super.. it does hit the pocket harder which is a pity.. but petrolprices.com does help

got a couple qs for you experienced lads.. ok well didnt notice this before, but when i go over bumps or just bumpy uneven roads, there seems to be some wierd noise from the back right wheel (i think).. not sure how to explain the sound.. like a clanking or jingle type thingy.. not that loud, but otherwise jus on a normal surface its fine.. any ideas??

also when i got the car, there are like loads of light scratches and deep swirl marks everywhere.. like not very visible unless you really have a look if you know what i mean, anyone kno the best way to get rid? i was thinkin of a t-cut but wasnt sure..

cheers!

Old 05-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Syrus

back to the fuel type, i just use super.. be it vpower or bp ultimate.. read somewhere that these need high octane fuel so havnt fueled up anything but super.. it does hit the pocket harder which is a pity.. but petrolprices.com does help

got a couple qs for you experienced lads.. ok well didnt notice this before, but when i go over bumps or just bumpy uneven roads, there seems to be some wierd noise from the back right wheel (i think).. not sure how to explain the sound.. like a clanking or jingle type thingy.. not that loud, but otherwise jus on a normal surface its fine.. any ideas??

also when i got the car, there are like loads of light scratches and deep swirl marks everywhere.. like not very visible unless you really have a look if you know what i mean, anyone kno the best way to get rid? i was thinkin of a t-cut but wasnt sure..

cheers!

Thanks for the comment Sarj

I got two possible causes for you, it could be your exhaust bouncing on the rear axle/wheel components but my best guess is if the noise is like you say a light metal tingling noise it could well be the end of one of your brake pads. They have a little metal piece that when the pad wears down it scrapes the disc causing this noise (it doesn't do any harm as its only an audible warning).
I had it once i noticed it when turning corners firstly until i heard it all the time as the pad got thinner. The american spec g35's get a brake wear light in their cars along with cruise control
See if that helps if not let us know.

Tom

Old 05-12-2008, 05:00 PM

cheers!
Hi Syrus,
The dreaded black eh mate !!!!
Looks the dogs dangles when done well but all those swirls.
Unfortunately my car was treated with the magic treatment costing loads when first imported into the uk(have the bill for £330+) from the first owner,but to be quite honest I cant wait for it to wear off,yes it shows all the swirls ect ect.
I had my car done by good valeters last week and hey presto it all goes,but they did say most of these car treatments are crap,but 5 days on its still looking good,but got to admit wifeys silver BMW looks better !!
When I used colour magic it was much better,but no way am I going to do that each week,think I will use valeters once a month then pray for no rain !!!!
Not much help but black still looks the bees nees
Have read over on the 350z forums threads regarding poor paint quality,soft paint ect ect,many 350z owners wearing front covers over in the states to protect the front end,over in the uk it appears to be a common problem also so maybe a link with both cars ????

Last edited by reelybroke; 05-13-2008 at 03:55 PM. Reason: PS
Old 05-12-2008, 05:10 PM
i'm new but been in the scene 10 years so the thing is guys people don't like progression thats it

its blinkered views , the 350GT is a skyline period, the views of GTROC i dismiss to be honest , lets face it if its not a GTR R33 they aren't interested

as you say skylineowners.com recognise it for what it is and they don't have their heads up their own backsides like alot of the clubs , thats the trouble with alot of car clubs they forget they are car clubs and a club is about all models and owners

the 350GT is progression ,

what is a skyline ?

R32/33/34 /V35 ??? They all different all carry the name but all look different

if you put on paper a standard factory fresh R33GTR and a manual 350GT its like 3bhp and 1 sec to 60 , and hey the 350 needs no twin tubbies

as for the GTR , people don't grasp its not a skyline , the 350/370GT is the current model ,

Its brand infiniti in USA which confuses people i think , shame we get the infinit brand in UK not a skyline

sorry but i find the 350gt is not a skyline quote so annoying , its almost like for christ sake don't you understand cars at all ?

Old 05-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Hi Andy, you got me chasing you around this site

Wow your pretty angry about the skyline thing. I used to be but im cool with it now.
The exhaust i was talking about at the show is on my new car coming over as we speak, it arrives on June 7th so you would be looking at mid June before getting it. Its an Impul exhaust and picture and sound clip can be found on page 7 and post 97 of this thread. Like i said the reasons for selling it are clear if you read back through my posts in this thread.
I can't be sure of its condition as i havn't seen it for myself but you are welcome to come see it when it is at TDI's in lakeside thurrock having the work done to it. Im looking for £250 It costs $1600 in the US + import, vat and shipping so i think thats a good price. link here http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=1268

Tom

Old 05-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by ukgt
Hi Andy, you got me chasing you around this site

Wow your pretty angry about the skyline thing. I used to be but im cool with it now.
The exhaust i was talking about at the show is on my new car coming over as we speak, it arrives on June 7th so you would be looking at mid June before getting it. Its an Impul exhaust and picture and sound clip can be found on page 7 and post 97 of this thread. Like i said the reasons for selling it are clear if you read back through my posts in this thread.
I can't be sure of its condition as i havn't seen it for myself but you are welcome to come see it when it is at TDI's in lakeside thurrock having the work done to it. Im looking for £250 It costs $1600 in the US + import, vat and shipping so i think thats a good price. link here http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=1268

Tom

i just find the whole its not a skyline unbeleivable and blinkered , on some forums i feel its just sour grapes and not understanding cars , comedy bolt on parts seem of more interest these days .. lol

its such a great car , 370GT next i reckon ... lol

can't get that link to work

Old 05-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by ukgt
..but my best guess is if the noise is like you say a light metal tingling noise it could well be the end of one of your brake pads...The american spec g35's get a brake wear light in their cars along with cruise control ..Tom
cheers for the info tom, thats exactly how it sounds! didnt know how to describe it lol, but i did call my mechanic and he is gonna come and have a look at it this week so hopefully thats all it is!

on the cruise control note.. how i wish! dont drive the car hard at all, being my first rwd and all.. plus when its wet the back jus kicks out way too often for my liking so ive ended up not pushing it at all and driving like a sunday driver thought it might be the tyres but the tread seems alright..might take some advanced driving course or a track day so can get used to the cars limits and on how to control the backend properly need some experience in a safe place! last thing i want is wrapping it round a lamp post..

Old 05-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by reelybroke
When I used colour magic it was much better,but no way am I going to do that each week,think I will use valeters once a month then pray for no rain !!!!
Yep my first black car, and what a pain! when its clean i cant get enuf of it, but when it comes to cleaning it.. I did use colour magic black, great stuff.. but like you said, never gonna do that everyweek, takes the mickey! got a couple marks here and there, looks like bird crap has actually stained it or something, so gonna get it valeted soon, get em to get it back to its deep black colour

Old 05-14-2008, 04:00 PM
cheers for the info tom, thats exactly how it sounds! didnt know how to describe it lol, but i did call my mechanic and he is gonna come and have a look at it this week so hopefully thats all it is!

on the cruise control note.. how i wish! dont drive the car hard at all, being my first rwd and all.. plus when its wet the back jus kicks out way too often for my liking so ive ended up not pushing it at all and driving like a sunday driver thought it might be the tyres but the tread seems alright..might take some advanced driving course or a track day so can get used to the cars limits and on how to control the backend properly need some experience in a safe place! last thing i want is wrapping it round a lamp post..
Hi syrus,
If you read some of my earlier posts,I have had the same problem with the beast being very tail happy in the wet !!!
Have had loads of RWD cars but none that stick their tail out like this one in the wet,in the dry its magic but I have a feeling that the potenzas are struggling in the wet,combined with a heavy right foot not a good combination!! As I have maybe 8k miles left in them I am going to stay with them until the winter then I think will change to Toyo proxes(they have have just improved the T1s) Had these on my beemer for years and they were brilliant in the wet,my wife and my son both driving beemers use Dunlop sports,they also appear to be good and a lot cheaper than potenzas !!!
Your right creeping round a round about in our cars is no fun
Rob

Old 05-16-2008, 07:44 PM
hey rob, i know what you mean, today the roads were slightly wet so had a good grandad drive lol im running on continentals, thought they wouldve been okay, but then again i guess not!

tom - the mechanic was round today, he said the brake pads seemed fine, and didnt think the exhasust was touching the axel either, he said his best guess would be that the bushes (not sure spelling?) were dry and probably just needed lubricating. eitherway he said its just minor and should let it be until it gets worse, so can find out which one is causing the sound. not what i was hoping for, but just happy its nothing major lol

edit: almost forgot to ask, whats everyone done with their rear foglight? not really liking mine below the license plate and not really sure what to do about it..

Old 05-17-2008, 06:14 AM
Hello fellas

Good to see there's a fare few of you on here.
Just got my blue 350GT on Thursday and it's GREAT The only problem is I'm missing front mats. Any Idea's where I can get some, I've tried Nissan in Reading but they carn't help
Please help before I knacker my carpet.

Cheers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To all uk owners