Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

To all uk owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie here

Hi all

Thought i would say hello. Just got my V35 last month, loving it so much.

It is a standard 350GT, not premium pack.
Sitting on Mania Racing Vortex R 20's on Pirelli P-Zero's. The 20's really do suit it but it does make it a bit skitish whilst cornering if there is any bumps on the corner.
It also has the Brmbo brake pack as well.

Will look at doing something to it, probably a ss exhaust will be the first thing but i'll need to start looking around to see what's what.

Anyone from up here going to the EDC at Knockhill on the 18th of May?

Cheers

Bruce

Old 05-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome Bruce,

Nice ride, very clean

Brembo's come as standard on 6MT i guess Nissan thought anyone buying the 5AT wouldn't be driving it hard How wrong they were .

Im not sure which shows im going to as i am going in my mates skyline gtst as mine is off the road till July so he will be choosing them, but after April i will probably be going to shows most weekends.

Im sure one or two on here will be going.

Tom

Old 05-08-2008, 08:21 AM
I'll be at Japfest on the 17th on the DJCC stand and then at JTS at Silverstone on June 1st. Need to clean the car after *** Performance "Muddy" Sunday first though! RWD, bhp, rain and a big field do not go together!
Greg

Old 05-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Im at Japfest 17th i will come see you Greg. Try not to miss this one lads its a great event with some awesome *** cars at a great location Castle Combe. It was one of the better shows last year.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:06 PM
I almost put my name down for the Sussex *** Club stand at Japfest but I'm not happy about driving the distance with dodgy bushes on the control arms. Shes starting to make more and more ugly noises and I can feel it through the foot well. Tom, I was too late to get your old control arms, what was left of your old car has gone to that great car park in the sky
Someone in our club works for a bushe manufacturer and is going to take a look on Monday.
I'm going to the National Skyline meet tho'

Old 05-09-2008, 04:36 PM
. Tom, I was too late to get your old control arms, what was left of your old car has gone to that great car park in the sky

Sorry Andy we took off as much as we thought would be worth it. BTW i have just bought the APS extreme fuel kit just incase i want to have a bit extra So i am now going to sell the standard APS fuel kit that came with the origional APS TT kit. This fuel kit is good for up to 500 whp and as you know hardly any miles on it

Be careful with your car Andy its not worth the risk mate, if they are gonna fail on you it will be when you most need them and your car is under the most stress.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:02 AM
UK Fuel types

Just a quick question.

What type of Unleaded fuel does everyone in the UK run their V35 on?
Unleaded, Super Unleaded, V-Power, BP Ultamite etc.

I just wondered if it was ok to run the VQ35 on regular unleaded. Where i got the car from said yes but i thought i'd check with the people that would actually know from experience.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Irn-Bru
Just a quick question.

I just wondered if it was ok to run the VQ35 on regular unleaded. Where i got the car from said yes but i thought i'd check with the people that would actually know from experience.

Regular unleaded is fine but you can use 97+ aswell without any problems. Its only when you have it re-mapped for 97+ that you need to use V-power or BP ultimate then you cannot use regular unleaded.
Mine will be mapped at 97 so i can only use v-power etc. I take a small can of octane booster with me incase i cant find any.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by ukgt
Im at Japfest 17th i will come see you Greg. Try not to miss this one lads its a great event with some awesome *** cars at a great location Castle Combe. It was one of the better shows last year.
TOM...good to hear more and more JDM events happening over on your side of the pond.
Trust all is going forward with your semi-recent 350GT purchase from your last one that got totaled and just read went to the big 350GT in the sky.
This is 06CPV35 btw...long story, but had to change my SN awhile back.
-John
Originally Posted by spaced69
after disappointment wiv stock screen scenario i have decided to go the double din route..
I believe there is a replacement panel i can obtain in which i can fit a 2din unit
currently i have the non bose setup wiv single a/c controls and the crud pocket on top wiv cover.

i have seen the panel in the US that has the a/c controls sold with it. Are these controls needed if i have single controls and not dual ????

is there just a low cost panel replacement that can be used ?

goin to fit one of the chinese 2din wiv sat nav touch etc...
have sold a few of these units before and are quiet good

thnx Carl
Speaking as an USDM version owner, the reason we have to buy the A/C controller with the JDM DD is they integrated the USDM A/C controller with the USDM factory Bose system. So we must use the JDM A/C unit if we want to install an aftermarket non-bose unit and/or go DD with aftermarket unit.

I believe JDM versions do not have their Bose system integrated with the A/C controller, so you would only need the DD.

Last edited by V35 Skyline GT; 05-10-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:10 PM
TOM...good to hear more and more JDM events happening over on your side of the pond.
Trust all is going forward with your semi-recent 350GT purchase from your last one that got totaled and just read went to the big 350GT in the sky.
This is 06CPV35 btw...long story, but had to change my SN awhile back.
-John

Hi John, yes more and more owners.

Our *** shows have just started over here and im gonna get around as many as poss, if i see some nice cars i will post them up.

I think the ron in our regular unleaded is 95 upwards, our premium is 97 upwards. Saying that i remember reading a while back that it doesn't make our fuel any better its just that the ron figure is calculated in a different way. Im not sure but your 91 might be equal to our 95

Yep my car is on its way and is expected into Southampton on the 7th June. My friend in Japan that sorts things for me sent me these pictures yesterday showing some of the kit thats been fitted. I think his trying to tease me a bit

Old 05-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Some kind of friend !!!
Bit like a lady telling you only half a story and then saying you will have to guess the rest
It looks good even from the little pics
Rob
PS how about clear side indicators ????

Last edited by reelybroke; 05-10-2008 at 03:48 PM. Reason: PS
Old 05-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Airsoft Andy
I almost put my name down for the Sussex *** Club stand at Japfest but I'm not happy about driving the distance with dodgy bushes on the control arms. Shes starting to make more and more ugly noises and I can feel it through the foot well. Tom, I was too late to get your old control arms, what was left of your old car has gone to that great car park in the sky
Someone in our club works for a bushe manufacturer and is going to take a look on Monday.
I'm going to the National Skyline meet tho'
Andy,sorry to hear the news
Silly question ,can you not order the parts from your nissan stealer.
Have had a problem with my power steering hoses,loosing fluid,have been able to order from japan through my local Nissan dealer in Chelmsford.
Best of luck Rob

Old 05-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by ukgt
Hi John, yes more and more owners.

Our *** shows have just started over here and im gonna get around as many as poss, if i see some nice cars i will post them up.

I think the ron in our regular unleaded is 95 upwards, our premium is 97 upwards. Saying that i remember reading a while back that it doesn't make our fuel any better its just that the ron figure is calculated in a different way. Im not sure but your 91 might be equal to our 95

Yep my car is on its way and is expected into Southampton on the 7th June. My friend in Japan that sorts things for me sent me these pictures yesterday showing some of the kit thats been fitted. I think his trying to tease me a bit
You are correct about the RON calculation. That is the method used in the UK.
We use another method that falls between the RON and MON method (RdON) or (R+M/2)...same thing... which is average of both that equates ~4-5 units lower than RON.
So with that said...California 91 premium = your regular grade. They screw us over here
I'll delete my previous response as not to confuse that question. You answered appropriately and what pertains to the UK

Your 350GT looking excellent. Fitment looks A+.
Yes he's teasing you quite a bit with those snaps

Old 05-10-2008, 04:59 PM
mov
Originally Posted by Irn-Bru
Just a quick question.

V power only once put in asda fuel in an emergency and i thought the engine and gearbox had gone

Old 05-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by reelybroke
Some kind of friend !!!
Bit like a lady telling you only half a story and then saying you will have to guess the rest
It looks good even from the little pics
Rob
PS how about clear side indicators ????

Rob, I have kept the clear side indicators from the old car

my Japanese friend (Tsuyoshi Kawabata to be exact) has informed me it isn't a tease but he took the snaps just before they put it into a container and all the cars parked tightly around mine couldn't be moved so he couldn't get any decent shots. Oh well roll on June 7th

BTW ron at RK tuning (big gtr engine builder) has just anounced that our car is the best rear wheel skyline he has ever driven.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To all uk owners