Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

To all uk owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wideboy
Aloha, greetings from bonnie Scotland! Im up in Aberdeen if anyone else wants to compare notes.

Cheers for the invite tom.

Running pretty much standard im afraid, but it's still an amazing car! Off to Knockhill on friday so fingers crossed i'll keep out the gravel and not wreck the brakes and tyres The VDC will be remaining firmly on i feel!

To but in on your tyre chat, im running goodyear eagle f1's on the rear and potenza front. Had potenza all round til recently, car squirms pretty much the same with both, combination of too many ponies, a heavy foot and wet road

heres the car so far.

Welcome Wide boy,your car looks good,and nice colour !!! so much easier to keep clean than Black !!!
Thanks for the info on tyres,I am now getting a bit paranoid about it !!!
Every time I pull out of our road onto the mini roundabout whoops off she goes !!!
I ran toyo proxes T1S on my last BMW and these were superb in the wet and not so bad in the dry ,has anyone tried these on a skyline/g35 ????

Old 02-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I had michelin pilot sport 2's and had no problems. Bit costly but superb in the wet and you get plenty of hard driving miles from them.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:22 AM
Cheers for the info guys.

Im a bit nervous re knockhill and brakes/tyres/binning it!!

First trackday so I think i'll be driving like a girl, better slow than broken though!!!!!

Old 02-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by reelybroke
Hi Andy,yes 3 buttons on the remote ,the little fiddly one on its own should operate the boot.
Think there must be a reliability problem with the remote locking on our cars.
I can remember reading a similar thread on the G35 forum.
Drives my missus crazy having to wait for me to get in and lean over to unlock her door manually.
Lets hope I can get the parts from TDI tommorow to fix,Thanks to Tom !!!
Andy ,went over to TDI today,they were unable to be of any real help.
Not because they didnt want to but because the electronics on our cars are driven by CAN bus ????? And needs to be hooked up to the Nissan stuff for diagnosis.
But according to TDI Nissan dealers should be able to do this anyway,going to get in touch with the Nissan dealer in Chelmsford who are servicing mine !!
Tom,had a quick peek at your old motor,you had a lucky escape there mate.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:46 PM
[Tom,had a quick peek at your old motor,you had a lucky escape there mate.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i know, the wife was sitting on that side which is where the woman 'T' boned me, she hit us so hard it span the whole of my car ( 1 1/2 tonnes) around so it was facing the opposite way, when you think we was only doing around 20 mph as we was on a round a bout. If it was pre airbag days i think she would have gotten some injuries. As it happened the only harm done was me getting boiling hot coffee burns from the mug of coffee the wife was holding at the time

If you lads have no luck in chelmsford with the scanning i know for sure the one at romford has one because they done mine.

BTW put a bid in for a black 6mt in tomorrows (21 st ) auction, what do you think.

Last edited by ukgt; 02-20-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
^^^NICE!! Hard to keep clean, but OB coupes look awesome.
Hope you win the bid.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:13 AM
Sweeet! Beware of pop-up SATNAV's, they're very expensive to convert.

Tom, could you ring Sam at TDI asap please. Cheers

Popping up today to collect the exhaust. Will take a peek at your motor whilst there.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Tom....
Assumed you'd be gearing up for upgrades on your new 350GT with your built VQ swap, thought you may want to also consider upgraded drive shafts for the madd hp/tq you'll be putting down.

For 800hp:
http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/mm5...ode=350Z_TRANS

For 500hp:

Was trolling around the web for suspension upgrades and stumbled across these.

Clutches too:

-....to top of the line APS Triple Disk Clutch systems that replace the entire factory clutch & flywheel assembly and are capable of holding 1,000+hp.....

Last edited by V35 Skyline GT; 02-21-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Hey Tom. Just got back from TDI. Cheers for the zorst, shame about the rear box scuffs, you must take those speed bumps slower

Christ, that 'biach' really did a job on your car! Glad to know she's been made to resit her test Bloody shame she hit you, seeing as you'd done so much to the engine. BTW that's a mean engine you've got there.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by Airsoft Andy
Hey Tom. Just got back from TDI. Cheers for the zorst, shame about the rear box scuffs, you must take those speed bumps slower

Christ, that 'biach' really did a job on your car! Glad to know she's been made to resit her test Bloody shame she hit you, seeing as you'd done so much to the engine. BTW that's a mean engine you've got there.

Thats the wife with the speed bumps, she insists on going around to ASDA to shop, which have speed bumps in their car park, she puts a full load of shopping in the boot then hey presto !!!!!

When you getting it fitted ?? Got to admit i was so pleased with the sound when i had it fitted i used to fill up with just £10 of juice just so a little way down the road i would need to pull into another petrol station and fill up again. The exhaust just sounded so sweeeeet pulling in and out of petrol stations. Ha Ha how sad am i
Yeah made sure i got the engine back, below is a before and after shot, its superb what Cosworth and TDI's did for me. The block can now take any power i want to give it, just got to strengthen the rest of the drive train, suspension etc to get me there. The pistons are Cosworths new ant-detination ones and are used in formula 1 cars. I also had the cosworth 'H' bar conrods which are also very strong.

before

during

After

same APS TT kit which was then added

Old 02-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by 06CPV35
Tom....
Assumed you'd be gearing up for upgrades on your new 350GT with your built VQ swap, thought you may want to also consider upgraded drive shafts for the madd hp/tq you'll be putting down.

Was trolling around the web for suspension upgrades and stumbled across these.

-....to top of the line APS Triple Disk Clutch systems that replace the entire factory clutch & flywheel assembly and are capable of holding 1,000+hp.....

Thanks for the info John, i have put TDI onto this very subject as i have no free time at the moment, i will send them your post.
The clutch i think i am decided on and it will be the Carbonetics trple clutch

This one
http://importpartspro.com/atstrdicacac.html

BTW i lost that bid this morning, im gutted Oh well it was probably meant to be, getting a bit twitchy now though as i am going on holiday 14th march and really need to sort one before then. I will probably end up bidding on a piece of crap out of despiration

Old 02-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Damn, that's some serious kit Tom! I think my wife would leave me if I made those kind of mods to my car.

I'll be fitting the zorst tomorrow, once I've bought some new gaskets. Can't wait to hear it.

Last edited by Airsoft Andy; 02-21-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by ukgt
[Tom,had a quick peek at your old motor,you had a lucky escape there mate.

Yeah i know, the wife was sitting on that side which is where the woman 'T' boned me, she hit us so hard it span the whole of my car ( 1 1/2 tonnes) around so it was facing the opposite way, when you think we was only doing around 20 mph as we was on a round a bout. If it was pre airbag days i think she would have gotten some injuries. As it happened the only harm done was me getting boiling hot coffee burns from the mug of coffee the wife was holding at the time

If you lads have no luck in chelmsford with the scanning i know for sure the one at romford has one because they done mine.

BTW put a bid in for a black 6mt in tomorrows (21 st ) auction, what do you think.

[/QUOTE]
Tom it looks great have you got it ????
2 black ones in Essex,no room for anymore !!!!
What was the Nissan dealer you used in Romford Tom,if he has experience with this rather take my motor there

Old 02-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Tom it looks great have you got it ????
2 black ones in Essex,no room for anymore !!!!
What was the Nissan dealer you used in Romford Tom,if he has experience with this rather take my motor there[/QUOTE]

No mate i lost out. my max bid that i told them to go to was 2,000,000 Yen. He bidded for me above that up to 2,015,000 but the bidder he was up against kept going and it sold for 2,025,000. Not sure how far the other bidder would have gone if i gave my people say 2,200,000 to play with. With auctions you have to set your limits, im not willing to pay more than 2 million which at todays rate is £9.5 K + shipping £600 + 10% duty £1 K + vat on all that £1.9 K. So all in all 13/14K before the SVA test, so 2 million yen is my limit for a black or pearl car .
BTW the Nissan main dealer in Romford is Toomey's. Book a time with them as the technician may be on a job when you turn up. Beware though they charged me £70 for the full scan including VDC, ECU and brake system.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Hi Tom. Sorry to hear you missed out on the black one. I'm sure there'll be another, better one just around the corner with your name on it.

Would you be interested in selling me your front fog lights? Before you say it, I know one has a cracked lense. I'm still having problems locating a set. I might end up importing a set from Japan.

Do you know anyone in this country who would be able to supply me with a chrome (or SS) Z Tube for my car?

Cheers

Andy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To all uk owners