Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Ballistic Motorsports built Greddy TT + Chargespeed update w/ pix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 08:14 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
looking really sick

Old 05-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Wow, you were able to keep your washer tank with those IC pipe mods. Very nice but why not just use the one the Greddy IC kit comes with.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:28 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
Wow, you were able to keep your washer tank with those IC pipe mods. Very nice but why not just use the one the Greddy IC kit comes with.
the shop did the install and I'm assuming they just made the pipes fit around the stock washer tank...

edit: I think the real reason is that I bought the kit without the fmic because I wanted a custom made fmic to fit the bumper and not lose the crash bar. Therefore, because my fabbed fmic sits lower and attatches to the crash bar, along with custom made piping, they were able to keep the stock washer tank.

Last edited by 617G; 05-22-2007 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Andy...looking good. Love that front bumper! What wheels did you go with?

Old 05-22-2007, 12:49 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
Andy...looking good. Love that front bumper! What wheels did you go with?
Thanks Eric...I still have the same wheels but they're in Ohio right now getting a reflective black finish on the faces (black chrome). I had them powdered gloss black, but I thought it clashed too much with the silver so I opted for this black chromoly finish. When I saw the demo wheel they had at the place that powdered my wheels, I knew that's what I wanted.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:55 PM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by 617G
the shop did the install and I'm assuming they just made the pipes fit around the stock washer tank...

edit: I think the real reason is that I bought the kit without the fmic because I wanted a custom made fmic to fit the bumper and not lose the crash bar. Therefore, because my fabbed fmic sits lower and attatches to the crash bar, along with custom made piping, they were able to keep the stock washer tank.

Wait, so you got the Greddy IC without having to buy the kit? How did you pull that off? Is that not the Greddy IC but looks a lot like it?

Last edited by ttrank; 05-22-2007 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Those are going to look hot. I am on the market now for a set of TE28N. I am still keeping the Gram Light Pros but just want something else to switch things up a bit. My next handful of mods are going to be my exhaust, carbon fiber trunk and spliter, and the UTR roof wing and the trunk wing. Hopefully if everything is the way I want I will be joining the FI class sometime the end of June.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:10 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Wait, so you got the Greddy IC without having to buy the kit? How did you pull that off? Is that not the Greddy IC but looks a lot like it?
No, this is not the Greddy fmic. I bought the TT kit without the fmic. This one was custom made. The shop purchased a 3 inch core to fill the 3 foot wide opening on the bumper and welded the end tanks and piping by hand. They also trimmed the crash bar to attach the fmic and reinforced it. Came out pretty nice if you ask me

Attached Thumbnails Ballistic Motorsports built Greddy TT + Chargespeed update w/ pix-img_4878.jpg   Ballistic Motorsports built Greddy TT + Chargespeed update w/ pix-img_4882.jpg   Ballistic Motorsports built Greddy TT + Chargespeed update w/ pix-img_4883.jpg   Ballistic Motorsports built Greddy TT + Chargespeed update w/ pix-img_4884.jpg   Ballistic Motorsports built Greddy TT + Chargespeed update w/ pix-img_4909.jpg  

Last edited by 617G; 05-22-2007 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:13 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Very nice, I'd reconsider the splitter idea, though. The TS front is already low and I bet you'll crack that splitter within a week...would look nice tho. Jerome has a set of CE28N in black chrome...those wheels are sick!!

Hurry up and join the FI bandwagon

Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
Those are going to look hot. I am on the market now for a set of TE28N. I am still keeping the Gram Light Pros but just want something else to switch things up a bit. My next handful of mods are going to be my exhaust, carbon fiber trunk and spliter, and the UTR roof wing and the trunk wing. Hopefully if everything is the way I want I will be joining the FI class sometime the end of June.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by 617G
No, this is not the Greddy fmic. I bought the TT kit without the fmic. The shop purchased a 4 inch core to fill the 3 foot wide opening on the bumper and welded the end tanks and piping by hand. They also trimmed the crash bar to attach the fmic and reinforced it. Came out pretty nice if you ask me

That came out great. Congrats.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks really good. that front looks satanic! i have to disagree bout the color issue though! sorry! no color is 100% colormatched. still, your car is sick though. i wasn't able to catch what 20" wheels you have....what are they?

Old 05-22-2007, 02:54 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Originally Posted by sen_jen
looks really good. that front looks satanic! i have to disagree bout the color issue though! sorry! no color is 100% colormatched. still, your car is sick though. i wasn't able to catch what 20" wheels you have....what are they?
I agree. It's hard to match factory paint, especially metallic colors because the metallic flakes are in a certain pattern on the oem paint and it's hard to duplicate.

The wheels are Maya GR5.

That came out great. Congrats.
thanks..the exact measurements of the fmic are 26x12x3 (i was under the impression it was a 4 in core)

Last edited by 617G; 05-22-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
its hard to duplicate any paint

Old 05-22-2007, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i liked the way u hide ur auto ;0) sneaky

front looks nice, if thats kit is your style and engine looks mean and i bet sounds even meaner =0) congrates man

matching paint color is def a art, but once you get the propper system and scale, you should be fine, we havent had any problems since we got our new system in

im painting my whole car now and begun preping my body kit, got some custom stuff being done aswell

Last edited by Scootch; 05-22-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:49 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Originally Posted by Scootch
i liked the way u hide ur auto ;0) sneaky

front looks nice, if thats kit is your style and engine looks mean and i bet sounds even meaner =0) congrates man

matching paint color is def a art, but once you get the propper system and scale, you should be fine, we havent had any problems since we got our new system in

im painting my whole car now and begun preping my body kit, got some custom stuff being done aswell
I'm not hiding it I just think it looks cleaner with a boot It's pretty easy to tell that's an AT shift ***

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ballistic Motorsports built Greddy TT + Chargespeed update w/ pix