Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

So I got a little carbon fiber happy with my interior...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
WhosUrBuddiee i havent seen your interior so i will refrain to comment, but the fact that you said his big ole cf sticker is rice is very ironic that it is coming from some one who is rocking a two toned orange car.

what difference does it make if you spend $20 or $2000, if it looks decent why not appreciate it? must you hate that he spent way less than you and his still came out as awesome as it did? grow up, dude!

Old 10-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by Slick 6MT
If you had a brain, taste and vision you never would've wasted $4,000+ by painting your car orange and put a stillen bumper on it. The reason it hasn't been done is because it's ugly. Putting red LEDs on your G37 is rice. Flat out.

Lastly, I have news for you... Your "real carbon fiber" is exactly as functional as my $20 3M product. It's an cosmetic mod and it came out pretty nice.

Cheers!

It does not bother me if you think my Iron Man mod is rice. It means little comming from someone who thinks there is no difference between a sticker and real carbon fiber. Why not go cover your hood with it while you are at it. There is no difference right?

My whole point is that you said you went carbon fiber crazy, yet there is no carbon fiber at all inside your car. That is just like saying you went hard wood crazy when remodeling your house, then post pictures of fake wood laminate. Laminate is just as functional as real hardwood, but it is not wood it is a sticky plastic composite.

Just because you can buy something cheaper does not mean you can call it the real thing. I will break it down for you:
Vinyl overlay does not equal paint
Turbonators does not equal real boost
3M Dinoc does not equal real carbon fiber
Seibon does not equal Top Secret
X02 does not equal HKS
Varrosten does not equal Volk
Metra does not equal JDM double din

I am not hating on replicas. If that is your thing, go for it. I just hate on people who rock replicas and think it is the real thing. If you look at my posts I never said your interior looks bad. I just fail to see the carbon fiber in your carbon fiber crazy thread.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 10-14-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by dcityjatt
WhosUrBuddiee i havent seen your interior so i will refrain to comment, but the fact that you said his big ole cf sticker is rice is very ironic that it is coming from some one who is rocking a two toned orange car.

what difference does it make if you spend $20 or $2000, if it looks decent why not appreciate it? must you hate that he spent way less than you and his still came out as awesome as it did? grow up, dude!
Thank you for your response. I painted my G35 almost 5 years ago. I fully agree it did not turn out as well as I hoped, but that is a chance you take when you try something new. Also if you would have seen my signature, you would see that I have actually got rid of my G35 2.5 years ago.

There is a huge difference between spending 20 dollars and 2000 dollars. It is called quality. There is a huge difference between a 100 dollar TS Style lip off ebay and an authentic 1000 dollar TS lip. (Trust me, I have both)

Old 10-14-2010, 02:19 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm truly sorry that you think there's always a direct correlation between money and quality. This is not always the case. 3M does not make a bad product and the fact that it wasn't expensive doesn't necessarily mean it's bad quality. Your "real" cf interior is not functioning any differently than mine. Don't hate because you, once again, wasted a nice chunk of change on a non-functional part.*

Your "real" cf interior isn't an overlay, right? You replaced your entire dash to shave some pounds, right? As I said before... This is a cosmetic mod... Nothing more, nothing less.*

You're a joke man. I love how everyone is clowning you on the thread and you have nothing to say to them. Grow up and get a clue.*

Old 10-14-2010, 02:24 PM
I agree that it isnt always the case, I paid alot of money for my Asanti wheels but they were no better than my current AM Forged set... but it is usually true. Again, I have nothing against you using 3M Dinoc. I never once said it looked bad, my comment was simply that it is not carbon fiber as you stated.

Carbon fiber hoods or trunks are also nothing more than a cosmetic mod, so why dont you just wrap them in the 3M material then? You wouldnt because you realize, yes there is a big difference.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Actually bumpnride did his whole car. The hood. The roof and all his interior and it came out sick. Its whatever if he used di noc or real carbon fiber. The overlay is still a carbon fiber weave so his title isnt misleading at all. Its a carbon fiber pattern. I am actually going to do this to my G when i come home off deployment until i setup my dip tank to do interiors.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How would this look on tan interior?

Old 10-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Old 10-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Project
Actually bumpnride did his whole car. The hood. The roof and all his interior and it came out sick. Its whatever if he used di noc or real carbon fiber. The overlay is still a carbon fiber weave so his title isnt misleading at all. Its a carbon fiber pattern. I am actually going to do this to my G when i come home off deployment until i setup my dip tank to do interiors.
^^^ WTF are you smoking. That is what upsets me.

3M DINOC IS NOT CARBON FIBER !!

It is not a carbon fiber weave, there is no fiber or weave of any kind. It is roll a sticky vinyl that runs though a dye that presses a fake weave texture on the surface.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
I think WhosUrBuddee goes a tad too far, but he's technically correct.

Dont call your interior CF, because it IS NOT CF.

Its the same as putting Volk Stickers on your Rota wheels.

I'm not saying it looks bad, i like certain parts, but dont "Pass It Off" as CF replacement or CF overlay, because IT IS NOT CF.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
^^^ WTF are you smoking. That is what upsets me.

3M DINOC IS NOT CARBON FIBER !!

It is not a carbon fiber weave, there is no fiber or weave of any kind. It is roll a sticky vinyl that runs though a dye that presses a fake weave texture on the surface.
Full Description
Do you want a carbon fiber look without the high cost of carbon fiber? The hands-down best alternative in the market is 3M's Di-NOC CA-421 carbon fiber film. This is a vinyl product which we import from Japan, that actually features a carbon textured finish. It's not just a carbon pattern printed, this texture closely resembles the look of dry carbon fiber, the weave reflects light the same way that carbon fiber would.

Visit our site, CarbonFiberFilm.com for information, pictures, videos and more. Please make sure to read through our FAQ to fully understand the material and its applications.

The back side of the vinyl features 3M Comply Adhesive, the best in the industry. You simply install like you would any vinyl product, and can be used in many applications such as automotive, home furnishings, the possibilities are endless

Your right its not carbon fiber as in the traditional thinking. It replicates it though. Noone is trying to pass it off as true carbon fiber. Its a vinyl overlay. It still replicates the weaves and everything though on the vinyl. So therefore you just said it yourself, it has the weave built into the pattern. Look at what you typed.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:53 PM
That is not the product description from 3M. It is a random website that is trying to pedal a piece of vinyl as real carbon fiber to dumb kids.

Also it is actually manufactured in Sigapore. They just said it comes from Japan to get your little ricer ***** hard.

It is nothing more than a sticky piece of vinyl with a weave pattern embossed onto it. I cant believe there are actually people dumb enough to think it is real carbon fiber. Why do you think the first part is "Do you want a carbon fiber look without the high cost of carbon fiber? The hands-down best alternative" Why would they say carbon fiber look or alternative if it was real?

It is not carbon fiber in any kind of thinking, it is vinyl. There are no weaves. Do you understand what woven means? This is one single piece, nothing is woven.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 10-14-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
That is not the product description from 3M. It is a random website that is trying to pedal a piece of vinyl as real carbon fiber to dumb kids.

Also it is actually manufactured in Sigapore. They just said it comes from Japan to get your little ricer ***** hard.

It is nothing more than a sticky piece of vinyl with a weave pattern embossed onto it. I cant believe there are actually people dumb enough to think it is real carbon fiber. Why do you think the first part is "Do you want a carbon fiber look without the high cost of carbon fiber? The hands-down best alternative" Why would they say carbon fiber look or alternative if it was real?

It is not carbon fiber in any kind of thinking, it is vinyl. There are no weaves. Do you understand what woven means? This is one single piece, nothing is woven.
Can you post a picture of your interior with the real carbon fiber? Where did you get it from? I have only seen the door pulls and door button cover available.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by dukehotty
Can you post a picture of your interior with the real carbon fiber? Where did you get it from? I have only seen the door pulls and door button cover available.
Right now I only have steering wheel, steering wheel cover and door pulls. Right now I think inTgr8r is the only G37 to do his whole interior. He had his done by IvoryGT.

But to answer your question about where, contact Danny at Limited Edition. Nothing is really available. You send him your OEM part and he will wrap it in real carbon fiber with either a satin or gloss finish. Prices are pretty reasonable as well.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:25 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
^^ I'm confused when you say "wrap." I know nothing of the CF process so maybe you can educate me.

When you say "wrap" it makes it sound like its an overlay of some sort that gets cleared coated or whatever. Can you enlighten me on the process?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So I got a little carbon fiber happy with my interior...