Gordgee's GroundingGear®

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 11:43 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by EEYORE
THANKS GORD!!

One exception, since it was too bloody cold to do it and the fact that I wasn't really prepared to rip out the glove compartment to put in the ECU wire, The wires still provide a good amount of performance. Now, I just wish the weather would warm up so I can complete the wiring and see what gains there are with connecting the ECU wire up.

K
Glad it's working well on your 6MT.

The ECU wire install isn't that difficult, and can take as little as 30 minutes. Most report a noticeable improvement in the effects that you now report, so I'm looking forward to your feedback once you do the remaining wire.

Old 02-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
can someone post a pic of where they mounted the 6th and 8th wire??? the 6th wire says to be mounted in the upper strut so that is above the shock right? but the pic shows something different...

Old 02-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Jp1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
email gord. he will help you

Old 03-22-2006, 10:11 PM
Just installed everything but the tranny wire b/c someone's borrowing my jack set... but currently I'm noticing relatively smoother and faster shifts in the manumatic... but not much else... I'll see after I install everything and ECU reset again.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by visualfusion
Just installed everything but the tranny wire b/c someone's borrowing my jack set... but currently I'm noticing relatively smoother and faster shifts in the manumatic... but not much else... I'll see after I install everything and ECU reset again.

Can you post pics of the tranny attachment point when you intall that wire? Thanks.

Old 03-25-2006, 01:38 PM
The smoothness is what I first noticed as well. The next thing was the improvement in throttle response, and the car just felt "more connected". My wife thought I got some sort of thorough "tune-up" or something and she noticed the first time she drove it!

She didn't even know I had anything done!
Originally Posted by visualfusion

Old 03-26-2006, 10:20 AM
I am interested in ordering but not sure how to go about it?

My e-mail is: daveamydav@comcast.net

Old 03-26-2006, 10:44 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This might sound trivial and stupid. I think I've seen people that had these wires had them in blue. Do they come in any other colors?

Old 03-30-2006, 02:05 AM
Have you had anyone install the kit in an '06 Coupe with 5AT? I assume the engine and wiring is almost identical to previous models. Thanks.

Old 04-02-2006, 01:51 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by jersey-G
This might sound trivial and stupid. I think I've seen people that had these wires had them in blue. Do they come in any other colors?
Colours posted on Page 7 of this Post #95] Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 01:55 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Groundhog
Have you had anyone install the kit in an '06 Coupe with 5AT? I assume the engine and wiring is almost identical to previous models. Thanks.
Several 5AT Performance Systems have been tested and installed on the '05 G35s. Results consistent with the '03 to '05.

Old 04-02-2006, 06:28 AM
MORE POWER PLZ!!!
hmmmmm....Has anyone had this problem with the 10 wire kit? i had mine installed today and tested it out and i have to say everything is top notch...but for some reason my car doesnt pull that hard then before? Some reason i dont even hear the sound of the growl that the z zube gives out...maybe its just me. But overall its a great kit love how in MM the shifting is better.

PS. Maybe its the auto-learning function on the car..Because i jsut started WOT just like 2 days ago??

Last edited by richboy; 04-02-2006 at 06:31 AM.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by richboy
hmmmmm....Has anyone had this problem with the 10 wire kit? i had mine installed today and tested it out and i have to say everything is top notch...but for some reason my car doesnt pull that hard then before? Some reason i dont even hear the sound of the growl that the z zube gives out...maybe its just me. But overall its a great kit love how in MM the shifting is better.

PS. Maybe its the auto-learning function on the car..Because i jsut started WOT just like 2 days ago??
That's a new one. Many ppl do an ECU reset (not strictly necessary), followed by a hard drive at WOT. It may be that due to your normal driving style, the ECU reset (if you did one), makes the car feel sluggish after. It should re-adjust and the car should feel noticeably more responsive in a day or two.

A few have stated that after the install, because the engine feels smoother, that it seems to be quieter (Some decribed the sensation as being 'Sewing-Machine-Like'), that the sensation is contradictory to many other mods; ie. usually more coarseness and noise gives the sensation that the car is more powerful or faster. This may be what you are experiencing.

Give it a day or two, drive hard, and let me know your impressions.

Old 04-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Many ppl do an ECU reset (not strictly necessary)
Definitely not necessary....

Old 04-02-2006, 02:47 PM
MORE POWER PLZ!!!
Originally Posted by Gordgee
That's a new one. Many ppl do an ECU reset (not strictly necessary), followed by a hard drive at WOT. It may be that due to your normal driving style, the ECU reset (if you did one), makes the car feel sluggish after. It should re-adjust and the car should feel noticeably more responsive in a day or two.

A few have stated that after the install, because the engine feels smoother, that it seems to be quieter (Some decribed the sensation as being 'Sewing-Machine-Like'), that the sensation is contradictory to many other mods; ie. usually more coarseness and noise gives the sensation that the car is more powerful or faster. This may be what you are experiencing.

Give it a day or two, drive hard, and let me know your impressions.
Sure...I'll post back here in a couple of days

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Gordgee's GroundingGear®