Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Gordgee's GroundingGear®

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 04:58 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
So.... this thread is massive, and it's old... but are these still for sale?

Old 05-12-2014, 05:09 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
This thread is where I first heard about grounding gear and what I installed 9 years ago. I'm always about over kill so I installed Gordgee's 10 wire dark blue kit to match my under hood theme. Not sure he's still in business, try giving him a PM!
Gary

The following users liked this post:
redguitarfreak (05-13-2014)
Old 05-23-2014, 09:01 AM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Pretty sure Sean (sxexcx) still sells them though I don't think they're a 10g.

He's also always good to deal with... I do recommend.

Old 05-24-2014, 02:14 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
This thread is where I first heard about grounding gear and what I installed 9 years ago. I'm always about over kill so I installed Gordgee's 10 wire dark blue kit to match my under hood theme. Not sure he's still in business, try giving him a PM!
Gary
Still around, though I primarily visit the Admin forum here. Anyone wishing to contact me can do so at groundinggear@yahoo.ca as i don't always check my PMs here.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:01 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I just wanted to give a review/impressions of the The 5AT Performance System full 10 wire package kit that I received.

The quality of the components is awesome and there is a lot of attention to detail. The crimps are tight and each end is heat shrinked. I also really liked that if the terminals were crimped on so that they ended up in the correct position so I didn’t have to twist the wire to get the terminal in the right orientation. Very nice touch.

One of my favourite things about this kit is how stealth the install is. When the engine cover is on, you can really only see one random wire going to the battery, and another going under the airbox to the driver’s side fender. I got the smoke colour so you almost don’t even notice these two wires. The red and blue wires will stand out more obviously but most of the wires are hidden under the cover.

The install was pretty straight forward, the pictures that are included helped lots. The toughest part was the ECU/TCU grounds just because of the slightly awkward workspace under the dash. I opted for the short transmission Ground that goes to the Filler Tube instead of directly onto the transmission as my car is an X so I've read it's much harder to get to the transmission ground location.

In bumper to bumper to medium amounts of traffic there isn't much of a difference. Slightly better throttle response and that's really it.

To feel the benefits of this upgrade you have to drive harder. Getting on the gas, the throttle just picks up so much more and the car downshifts much sooner and quicker than it did. The shifts feel a lot more solid and the car just is more fun to drive. I still have a lag in manual mode so I’m not sure why others are saying the shifts in manual are so much more improved.

I wouldn’t say that the improvement is night and day but it is very noticeable if you’re not just puttering along. I’m still on the fence on whether or not I would do this mod again as my first mod but its definitely going to help get everything you can get out of the car.

Thanks Gord for the awesome kit.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:06 AM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Hogbone
Are any of are forum members running the 10wire grounding system along with the transgo VB upgrade?

Would love to know this as well!
Just picked up a 5AT sedan and want to get a quality kit to help improve MM shifting speed.

Had a 6MT Sedan for a short while and loved how it shifted right when you commanded.
Can anyone with this kit & a Transgo VB upgrade share their manual mode shifting experience?

Old 09-19-2015, 01:56 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
G
Originally Posted by tiguy99
Would love to know this as well!
Just picked up a 5AT sedan and want to get a quality kit to help improve MM shifting speed.

Had a 6MT Sedan for a short while and loved how it shifted right when you commanded.
Can anyone with this kit & a Transgo VB upgrade share their manual mode shifting experience?
I don't have this grounding gear kit specifically (Have SxExCx's kit) and the Transgo VB -- both make for a noticeably faster shifting experience, especially when the car's under load (aka your right foot is all the way to the floor). In that circumstance, the car shifts faster than most people can shift in a manual car.

I'm sure Gordgee's kit is great, too -- with ground gear and a Transgo VB, the driving experience is definitely upgraded.