Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Gordgee's GroundingGear®

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by infinitialex
I bought an Ebay kit cheap.
I'm convinced that you'd feel the difference between kits as I have. Even with the big Name Brands, the differences are surprisingly apparent!

As far as Ebay items, I find you generally get what you pay for, ie. a cheaply made knock-off item that fits or performs sub-par and is good for appearance only.

I recently came across this article that I found to be and interesting read:

Attached Files
Old 07-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I posted this opinion for anyone interested:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showpos...7&postcount=45

Old 07-29-2008, 03:38 PM
i dont get it though.. some people say that after a week or so the car starts to seem like it did before the grounding wire kit was installed and then some say the car feels just as quick months later.. whats the deal with that? does the ecu really adapt back to how it used to be before the kit was installed?

Old 08-09-2008, 05:13 PM
I recently installed gordgee's 10 wire kit and I'm loving it!!!! The car feels so much more smooth in acceleration and it shifts right away in sports mode. I'm so glad I bought it. I have an 04 sedan auto if anyone was wondering. Another happy customer here =), next up is to install my motordyne 5/16 spacer then head to the track again LOL.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by g35dan99
i dont get it though.. some people say that after a week or so the car starts to seem like it did before the grounding wire kit was installed and then some say the car feels just as quick months later.. whats the deal with that? does the ecu really adapt back to how it used to be before the kit was installed?

g35 sedan99 has a legitimate concern here..... the only way to gauge is will actual feedback. Anyone have anything to share?

Also, just PM'ed you gordgee =]

Old 10-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Posted in another thread, thought I'd put it here too.

I got the full 10 wire kit from gordgee, I waited a while to see if it was just in my head or something but it does indeed make a difference. I don't know about power gain but idle is smoother, the shifting on the AT is MUCH better, you probably wont notice it driving around normally but shift it yourself and it makes a huge difference, I no longer hit the limiter due to the dreaded lag. Also my slip light doesn't come on as often during aggressive driving, and traction control when it does kick in is much smoother and more gentle than what it used to do before. IMO it was worth it.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by g35dan99
My car always feels "faster" to me after a new mod, then I get used to it and I don't notice it anymore, but my passengers do.

Hell when I first got my G compared to my accord it was way faster, now I feel the same, you just get used to it and stop noticing after a while, that doesn't mean there's no difference.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Where can we buy these kits from? Web site? Price?

Old 10-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ did you look at the very first post? it's right there.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:28 PM
I found the web site but neither the web site nor the post have pricing.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Old 11-25-2008, 06:52 PM
Another satisfied customer.

I've never been much into modding cars, but these G35s are so much fun the bug seems to have bit me. I was really focusing on a few mods that I can set and forget and the GroundingGear 10wire 5AT performance kit seemed to fall along these lines.

Gordon has been a pleasure to deal with. Very responsive and eager to answer questions. The installation wasn't too bad. I'm not a big wrench turner but will take on things like brakes, battery, etc. The toughest part of the installation was under the dash, on the ECU/TCU wires. I was due to replace the AC filter, so I knocked that out while I had the dash apart. The tranny wire was a little tough to find a good spot to attach to, but it really wasn't that bad. Quality is top notch.

As for performance, I can't really pinpoint any specific noticeable difference. All I can say is it feels like it had a good tuneup. The throttle seems more responsive and it seems to accelerate a bit quicker and shift smoother overall and a little earlier as well. Prior to installing the kit when WOT I could drag out the up shift at times, due to the top end shift delay. The delay isn't there anymore since installation. I've reset my ECU before too and this is clearly a different feeling than simply performing an ECU reset.

This upgrade, combined with the MD Copper ISO Thermal spacer compliment each other very well. Now if Tony would just give us the new intake, I'd be all set.

Thanks Gord.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^Gord is definitely good people!

Old 12-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Another satisfied customer.

Just installed Gordon's GroundingGear 10 wire kit for my '03 5AT and all I can say is it's smooth shifting. Quality is superb. Followed the instructions and it worked out great. Definitely can feel a difference.

Get the best, don't settle for anything less!

Old 02-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by itora

Get the best, don't settle for anything less!
Very true. I didn't think there was much difference between kits either when I first tried them. Even the other kits surprised me with how much difference they made!

But until I finally tried GroundingGear, I hadn't realized that the differences can range from subtle to very noticeable. Since then, I've recommended these things to all my friends.

BTW, my neighbor just bought an iS250. Anything for her car Gord?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Gordgee's GroundingGear®