Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Gordgee's GroundingGear®

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gord, my buddy has an '07 on order. Do you have a System for the new G yet?

Old 12-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My impressions

I recently purchased the 10 wire kit from Gordon for my 03 5AT, his product is top notch and every wire was labeled.

After installing the 10 wire kit, after driving a few days, I would say that my shifting may have improved slightly, my L/100km seemed to have dropped a little as well. There was some lag with triptronic b4, but it seems to be slightly quicker at shifting now. Acceleration seems a bit smoother and others have reported a 650rpm idle but mine was already idling at around that so no change there.

I didn't reset my ECU, I'm not sure if this affects it or not but I hear it's consistently learning so I'm sure after having this installed for about a week now, I can safely say this is all that I would notice.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Mmagic76
I recently purchased the 10 wire kit from Gordon for my 03 5AT, his product is top notch and every wire was labeled.

After installing the 10 wire kit, after driving a few days, I would say that my shifting may have improved slightly, my L/100km seemed to have dropped a little as well. There was some lag with triptronic b4, but it seems to be slightly quicker at shifting now. Acceleration seems a bit smoother and others have reported a 650rpm idle but mine was already idling at around that so no change there.

I didn't reset my ECU, I'm not sure if this affects it or not but I hear it's consistently learning so I'm sure after having this installed for about a week now, I can safely say this is all that I would notice.
Good to hear the mods are still coming Randy. You must have snuck that one by the GF .
Wayne

Old 12-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Gord. So, anything for the '07 G35? Also, I've had a few inquiries from others. What other cars do you now do GroundingGear for?

Old 12-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ckg35
Gord, my buddy has an '07 on order. Do you have a System for the new G yet?
Sorry, I didn't notice your previous post. The 2007 G35 System is in current development. Much of it wil be finalized next week hopefully, and should be completed by early January.

Most are just getting their cars. I would hope that the new owners have a chance to get familiar with them, and the cars will have a little break-in miles before installing any mods.

Old 12-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just installed mine and I love it...

Old 01-07-2007, 09:49 PM
G35 6MT
Thumbs up on a civic?!?

well, i know this is a G35 forum, but i was so impressed with GroundingGear for the G that i went ahead and purchased one for my wife's 2002 honda civic ex (auto).

i knew that after what i had experienced on my manual, there would be a much better feel in the auto. and when i installed it, the wires did not disappoint!

the car accelerates much harder at WOT. sure it's only my wife's four banger, but it gets up and goes a lot better than it used to. i have also experienced that the car shifts much closer to redline at WOT. before the install, the car would shift before much sooner than redline. overall, i'm a satisfied customer twice over!

Last edited by n1cK; 01-07-2007 at 09:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by n1cK
well, i know this is a G35 forum, but i was so impressed with GroundingGear for the G that i went ahead and purchased one for my wife's 2002 honda civic ex (auto).

i knew that after what i had experienced on my manual, there would be a much better feel in the auto. and when i installed it, the wires did not disappoint!

the car accelerates much harder at WOT. sure it's only my wife's four banger, but it gets up and goes a lot better than it used to. i have also experienced that the car shifts much closer to redline at WOT. before the install, the car would shift before much sooner than redline. overall, i'm a satisfied customer twice over!
Hey thats great to hear of good reports on other models Nick. Good stuff.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Thumbs down

You guys are all on crack to be paying $150 for a wire set, you can buy everything yourself for $30.
And this thread sounds like an infomercial from many of the members, leading me to believe that those super positive reviews were staged.

How can Infiniti engineers be so stupid as to overlook this simple solution that supposedly increase fuel mileage, increases throttle response, shifting becomes faster and smother.... Those guys have spent years in college and somehow they overlook complete electrical system by not wiring it properly ....????

common get real, this product is a joke.

Last edited by infinitialex; 01-09-2007 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by infinitialex
You guys are all on crack to be paying $150 for a wire set, you can buy everything yourself for $30.
And this thread sounds like an infomercial from many of the members, leading me to believe that those super positive reviews were staged.

How can Infiniti engineers be so stupid as to overlook this simple solution that supposedly increase fuel mileage, increases throttle response, shifting becomes faster and smother.... Those guys have spent years in college and somehow they overlook complete electrical system by not wiring it properly ....????

**** off mr. 115 posts

Old 01-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
The same way they incorrectly designed the upper manifold to make the front cylinders run lean??

Old 01-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Feedback in the latest Nissan Sport mag shows some positives for the grounding wires, few negatives. Most benefit still seems to be for the AT.
No one is second guessing engineers. They wire the car the most cost-effective way that meets requirements and keeps costs down. (like the sacrificial brake pads and rotors).
They are not paid to experiment with alternatives. Most drivers do not give a hoot. No doubt there are some parasitic losses with modern low voltage systems now seen on newer cars. These can sometimes be improved with better grounding systems.
Major electronic firms pay big bucks for grounding system designs to improve their testing methods, lower system noise, etc. Hardly comparable with a grounding kit, but you can't say there are not similar principles at work.

Old 01-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Upgrading your factory grounds helps audio systems as well.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:35 PM

We've heard this all before!

And from my personal experience, though I tried 2 other commercially available kits, there is a distinct difference in the effectiveness of each of them!

Why would someone with $30 worth of material believe they could cobble together a set that would perform as well as any of these?

Probably the same way someone with a chainsaw and a block of ice would believe they could do ice sculpture? Or with a brush and a can of paint, create truly valuable modern art? (After all, anybody could paint liek that right?)

Then these same people will buy the cheapest kit available, or make their own, and because of disappointing results, emphatically claim that they were right in the first place! (BTW, if I use a screwdriver to knock a hole in my muffler, the incredible roar my car makes seems to add at least 20 hp, and you're all fools to pay so much for your new exhaust systems! )

Last edited by ckg35; 01-10-2007 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ckg35
We've heard this all before!

And from my personal experience, though I tried 2 other commercially available kits, there is a distinct difference in the effectiveness of each of them!

Why would someone with $30 worth of material believe they could cobble together a set that would perform as well as any of these?

Probably the same way someone with a chainsaw and a block of ice would believe they could do ice sculpture? Or with a brush and a can of paint, create truly valuable modern art? (After all, anybody could paint liek that right?)

Then these same people will buy the cheapest kit available, or make their own, and because of disappointing results, emphatically claim that they were right in the first place! (BTW, if I use a screwdriver to knock a hole in my muffler, the incredible roar my car makes seems to add at least 20 hp, and you're all fools to pay so much for your new exhaust systems! )
Well said. I was surprised at the test results in Nissan Sport Magazine. We usually see a gain of at least 3 to 5 hp & torque with Gords system.

One more point. There are far too many "experts" on this site that bad mouth products without ever trying them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Gordgee's GroundingGear®