Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Gordgee's GroundingGear®

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One more point. There are far too many "experts" on this site that bad mouth products without ever trying them.
The most vehemently opposed are typically ingnorant to the real world results as they usually have never even seen the mods in question. Often a syndrome I will dub Textbook Ignorance combined with Severe Inferiority Complex causes all objectivity to be thrown out with the bath water as the ingorant person shamelessy hammers away at a mod they never even understood let alone test in order to sound smart or simply appear to be correct for the sake of thier Texas sized ego. When confronted with the question, "have you ever held the mod in your little hands?" They often respond with, "I need proof that it works before I will try it." These people have hindered scientific advances going back to Gallileo and some even doubt that we ever reached the moon.

There are pioneers and there are doormats in front of the door to openmindedness.

Last edited by SixFive; 01-11-2007 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SixFive
The most vehemently opposed are typically ingnorant to the real world results as they usually have never even seen the mods in question. Often a syndrome I will dub Textbook Ignorance combined with Severe Inferiority Complex causes all objectivity to be thrown out with the bath water as the ingorant person shamelessy hammers away at a mod they never even understood let alone test in order to sound smart or simply appear to be correct for the sake of thier Texas sized ego. When confronted with the question, "have you ever held the mod in your little hands?" They often respond with, "I need proof that it works before I will try it." These people have hindered scientific advances going back to Gallileo and some even doubt that we ever reached the moon.

There are pioneers and there are doormats in front of the door to openmindedness.
lol
thats great

Old 01-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I tried the kit on my 2003 5AT and noticed no difference with the GG 10 wire kit. I guess I was a rare case.

So what were the results of Nissan Sports mag and the grounding kits and what exactly were they "testing"?

Old 01-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by SixFive

Ok the only real difference in the kits would be size of the wires they can very from 4 to 8 gauge. Thicker wires have less resistance allowing more power to flow through.
4 gauge wires for the whole kit with all the accessories can be purchased for less than $30

There can be nothing else miraculous about the more expensive kits..

Old 01-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Never use 8 gauge. People here have said over and over that the 4 guage is the one that makes it noticeable. It's all subjective of course

Old 01-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have the 8 wire on my 2005 5AT Coupe and I love them. Made everything ALOT smoother and revs quicker.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by infinitialex
Ok the only real difference in the kits would be size of the wires they can very from 4 to 8 gauge. Thicker wires have less resistance allowing more power to flow through.
4 gauge wires for the whole kit with all the accessories can be purchased for less than $30

There can be nothing else miraculous about the more expensive kits..
More current, less voltage drop. Nothing miraculous that's true. But the better kits like Gordee's are built up with premium components like HD insulation, coated wires, etc. to take the temp extremes found under the hood, as well as vibration as the engine moves, less corrosion. etc.
And large lugs for good solid contact. Being softer, copper will also set better as the bolts are torqued down.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by JEVERYDAY
I have the 8 wire on my 2005 5AT Coupe and I love them. Made everything ALOT smoother and revs quicker.
Are you reffereing to the size of the wires?

Old 01-13-2007, 02:59 PM
I think he's referring to the number of wires.

Gord has different numbers of wires for different cars, as I believe they do an assessement and engineer the kits for each application. I have the full 10 wire kit on my 5AT, and my friend has the 8 wire kit for the 6MT. I remember he offerred 5, 6, 7, and 8 wire kits for the G35, but I don't know if he still does, or what the differences were. I know he said that it's not necessarily true that the higher number of wires makes for better performance either as it depends on other factors (so don't go by numbers alone).

One thing that is very noticeable is the quality of the construction of the GG wires. Even the crimps are consistent from wire to wire- Gord told me that he has a custom crimper that was engineered and designed specifically for automotive H-G applications, and even the guys that do 12 volt installations (stereo shops, etc.) order his because of the engineering that goes into the GroundingGear wires!

Sorry, I sound like a commercial again, but those that know me know how much of a skeptic I was in the beginning as well!

It really is noticeable when you install it, even more so than many mods that supposedly make more proven power. And for something that doesn't announce itself (like an exhaust, or intake), even "blind" testers consistently notice the results. I think that says more than anything.

Old 01-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Installed my 10 wire kit today. Really easy and simple. The hardest part was the transmission ground. Great quality. Took me about 1.5 hours and that including a new in-cabin air filter. Took it for a brisk drive as Gordee suggests. There is a noticeable smoothness about the car. RPM's are down around 450, manumatic shifts on q, regular shifts are crisper, and the over all feel is smoooth! I'll keep an eye on gas mileage and see if there is a change. I am very happy the the product. Thanks Gordee!!

Old 02-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Just Installed

[B][/B Just installed my 10 wire kit from Gordee!
I have a 03' 5AT. I was truly irritated and annoyed by the delay in shifting while in manual mode. This was the reason for the purchace. Install time was about 2hrs, and i had access to a lift.
Recommedations: read thru the directions all the way thru first.Examine the photo(included) closely and it will make more sence to you as you go. I believe that someone said they installed the kit in 20 min. BS! When doing the ECU/TCU wires you do not need to remove any bolts for the bottom cover of the glove box. If you just pull toward you and down it pops off. I found it helpfull(nessary really) to remove the side plactic cover as well (passenger foot well). Also the kit will come with 2 sets of directions. Once your done with the basic kit install dont button everything up yet. You will be installing the extra wires to some of the same mounting points.
Review; Well i am real happy with it. Immediately I noticed faster shifting responce! YAA! in my opinion it is worth the price for just that alone! The car does seem to start a little quicker. It was rainning pretty hard so I have not had a chance to do much driving with it yet. I will report any other findings later. Hope this helps
Rob

Old 02-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Gordee 10 Wire.............

Originally Posted by molidor01
Installed my 10 wire kit today. Really easy and simple. The hardest part was the transmission ground. Great quality. Took me about 1.5 hours and that including a new in-cabin air filter. Took it for a brisk drive as Gordee suggests. There is a noticeable smoothness about the car. RPM's are down around 450, manumatic shifts on q, regular shifts are crisper, and the over all feel is smoooth! I'll keep an eye on gas mileage and see if there is a change. I am very happy the the product. Thanks Gordee!!
This is exactly what I found after installing the kit. Nothing I've found is
even close to what Gordee makes available to us....quality and yes, the
instructions.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:23 PM
I've had similar results, but idle is steadier at the factory setting at 650.
Does not seem right the idle would be less??? 450 sounds too low for almost any engine!
Everything else is right on. The overall feel is smoother, and shifts maybe a micro faster in response.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:21 AM
Finally had a chance to have a friend install mine... start up feels like a brand new battery (even though I'm still on the stock one.) It starts right up, idle seems the same for me. about 600rpm. Shifts seem quicker. Overall i feel it was well worth the time and $. Thanks Gord for the wires!

Old 02-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Can anyone notice a increase or decrease on MPG?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Gordgee's GroundingGear®