Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Gordgee's GroundingGear®

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steel Blue
Can anyone notice a increase or decrease on MPG?
Once I get a few tanks, on there I'll let you know... this current tank I've been driving it harder like it says on the install to let the ECU tune. I will avg. it out over 5 tanks to get a better MPG est. I'll report on it later.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think your mileage may actually decrease initially when you install them because you'll play with the throttle more, and drive more aggressively.

Interestingly, I noticed a slight increase in MPG experimenting. This was last summer during extended highway driving, and over several tanks of gas during fairly consistent conditions.

I decided to experiment, and for the first part of the trip, I disconnected the 2 main "ground-clusters" (as Gord called them), taped them to isolate from the engine, and did a few tanks. First thing I noticed was that the benefits of the wires disappeared! (Smoothness, throttle response, and shifting. Also seemed to not pull quite as hard going up moderate hills.)

Then I reconnected the wires, and got about 4 MPG, averaged, better than without. This is with moderate acceleration, and the same average speed. Noticed the benefits of the GroundingGear again after re-connecting as well!

To be honest, I hadn't expected as much difference, since I've gotten used to the wires over time.

Last edited by ckg35; 03-02-2007 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:00 PM
BTW, Gord. How's it going with that 2007 System? My friend is getting impatient!

Any other new cars you've done?

Old 03-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Have him send me an Email.

I now have the System ready for the 2007 G35. Development time was a little longer than usual because of the '07's re-design. Initial feedback by those that have done the installation has been very positive.

Because of the changes to the '07 engine, the entire System had to be re-done from scratch. The actual wire lengths and grounding points are much more critical for optimal performance.

The interesting thing is, my lawyers tell me that because of the unique configuration required, it will be much more difficult for others to do a knock-off kit that is going to be effective on the 2007 G35 without violating Copyright and other issues based on GroundingGear Ltd's R&D.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Gordgee
Have him send me an Email.

I now have the System ready for the 2007 G35. Development time was a little longer than usual because of the '07's re-design. Initial feedback by those that have done the installation has been very positive.

Because of the changes to the '07 engine, the entire System had to be re-done from scratch. The actual wire lengths and grounding points are much more critical for optimal performance.

The interesting thing is, my lawyers tell me that because of the unique configuration required, it will be much more difficult for others to do a knock-off kit that is going to be effective on the 2007 G35 without violating Copyright and other issues based on GroundingGear Ltd's R&D.
Sounds great, Gord. We tried an old Sun Auto kit on his '07, and couldn't determine any decent points. Kudos to your efforts, and maybe the '07 design will hold off some of the copy-cats, and maybe you'll even make some money from licensing or getting after infringements?

He says the availability of '07 mods is limited so far, and he's looking forward to getting 'Equipped'!

Old 03-13-2007, 02:36 AM
I'm interested in what you have for the 2007 G35 Sport 5AT sedan. Is it the same 7, 8, or 10 wire kits for the first generation G35? I've sent you a PM.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:23 PM
how much are they?

Old 03-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Just PM Gord for information.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
here;s my problem. i have the 10 wire kit. wires have 1-8 + E + T engraved on them

Where do I install the #8 wire?

its says to attach the 8 cable to the ground cable point on the left cam housing.

Please help

Old 03-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by clinthammer
here;s my problem. i have the 10 wire kit. wires have 1-8 + E + T engraved on them

Where do I install the #8 wire?

its says to attach the 8 cable to the ground cable point on the left cam housing.

Please help
Clint:

I'll shoot you a couple of pics to your Email.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by G35MD
I'm interested in what you have for the 2007 G35 Sport 5AT sedan. Is it the same 7, 8, or 10 wire kits for the first generation G35? I've sent you a PM.
I’ve had this question asked a few times.

Just a clarification. The total number of wires is much less important than the configuration, and the actual grounding points, despite what some will now lead you to believe.

When universal hyper-ground kits first appeared, I was one of the co-developers of the first 6 wire kits for the G35 (the authentic NISMO was a 5 wire kit).

I also came out with the first 7 wire kit that was specifically designed to improve the shift quality of the 5AT, and through almost a year of R&D, developed the 10 wire GroundingGear® System for the G35 that has gone World-wide. I've continued to offer the 5 wire Systems (still remarkably effective and noticeable) as an entry for the skeptics here, and virtually all have up-graded to the full System.

Each wire was added and tested for effect (not just numbers) up to a total of 14 wires, and it was determined that 10 remained optimum. One fellow even took a GroundingGear® System up to 15 wires back in the development days. Others then started spreading the information that more wires = better performance. The dirty secret is that…. It doesn’t! In fact, because of how some kit manufacturers choose grounding points and configure their wires (sometimes to avoid Legal, Copyright and other issues), in order to make their kit even moderately effective, 12 or even 14 wires must be used! Maybe if I hadn’t gone up to official release of the 10 wire Systems in the first place, wire number would never have become such an important issue with the G35 crowd.

GroundingGear Ltd. has developed over 65 unique vehicle applications for 39 models from various vehicle manufacturers, and the optimum wire count for many, if not most, is only 5 or 6! The 5 wire models include most of the Audi, BMW, Mazda; 6 wires for the Lexus IS, Mazda RX-8 & MazdaSpeed Miata; 7 for the Nissan Titan, WRX/STi, etc. Does any one see a pattern here? The actual number of wires isn’t the most important factor! It’s only an issue for bragging rights, not performance or effectiveness.

To answer your question, the 2007 G35 was tested up to 13 wires. The 5AT was optimized at 10 wires (pure co-incidence), and the 6MT at 9 wires. Unless testing shows otherwise, it will likely stay that way.

Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted you all to not get taken by the ‘higher-the-better’ mis-information.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Gordgee
Clint:

I'll shoot you a couple of pics to your Email.
thanks i got them.

Excellent service - was relieved to see how easy the tcu/ecu and #8 wires are thanks to the pics.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:59 PM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by clinthammer
thanks i got them.

Excellent service - was relieved to see how easy the tcu/ecu and #8 wires are thanks to the pics.
Glad to see you got an answer from gord...saves me the trouble of snappin some photos

Old 03-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gord, nice to see the Copyright laws are working for you.

Old 03-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Easein2itG
Gord, nice to see the Copyright laws are working for you.
Yeah. The threat of a Lawsuit can be a real damper on those make-money-off-the-work-of-others-to-make-an-easy-buck types!

You've got a lot of support on this forum, Gord! Thanks for all you do for the G community!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Gordgee's GroundingGear®