Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Gordgee's GroundingGear®

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought I'd post Gord's PM response I received.

"About the IS. I have the IS300 System, but am in the process of development for the IS250 and hopefully the IS350. Money and time are tight right now for the R&D process, but I won't put out a slapped together system just to sell another kit. We already have offerings of over 60 Systems for various vehicles and have rarely re-couped the development costs of most of them."

So let's support Gord and the R&D he puts into these things! As others have noted in this thread, even other highly touted Commercial Kits don't measure up to GroundingGear. I'm convinced that GG is the best on the market, and I doubt that kits banged out in someone's basement would even compare, even though some extra grounding is better than none at all. After all, I noticed a significant improvement even with the Stillen and especially the Sun Auto, but the G'Gear trumped them both!

I appreciate and support Gord because I watched Hyper-Grounding over the years grow into something mainstream that others are capitalizing now on. It's through his efforts and investment that this has happened, and he deserves our support.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just finished installing the 10 wire system on my 03 5AT G coupe. Install
was a lot easy than I expected. I have yet to install the wire to the
transmission because I don't have jack stands. Anyway even with the 9 wires
installed this system is everything that I have read on the forum. The car responds so much better like it has been given a really good tune-up but even better. This is the only mod I have on the car. I want one for my wifes Benz, and all my future vehicles. Thanks Gord! for the research you did in this area.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:35 AM
Grounding gear definitely made a difference!

I have a 2005 5AT Sedan and just recently installed the 10 wire kit from Grounding Gear. The installation was straightforward and easy. With the microfilter I ordered from them and the wires, it took about 3 hours, with a couple of interruptions in the middle. I did a 10 minute run afterward with plenty of WOT and definitely noticed a difference in the manumatic mode. I used to have a BMW M3 with the SMG tranny. It had 6 shift programs to tell the tranny how quickly to respond to driver input. Level 3 on the BMW is comparable to how quickly the G35 shifts in manumatic mode. Level 6 in the BMW just about tears the bolts out of your seats when you shift into second. Level 5 offers firm shifting, but comfortable. This is where my G35 is at now. It's a noticeable difference at WOT...really quick and firm shifts! With that initial 10 minute run, that is all I really noticed because I was driving hard and not doing my normal routine. My next drive was at 6am when it was still dark outside and about 50 degrees. The car sat outside overnight. I was driving up a hill right around the corner from my house and the engine is typically pretty noisy, sounding like it's laboring a bit, maybe from warming up. That morning, the engine was exceptionally quiet and smooth! I had read about people saying how "smooth" the car was, and I did not get it until I was driving at normal speeds around areas that I was familiar with, not trying to pound the car into submission. The other thing that was really noticeable was that the headlights are brighter and whiter than before. I never thought they looked like HID bulbs until now. In regular cruising around with regular automatic mode, the car shifts sooner and a bit crisper, even at lower RPMs. The radio seems a bit louder than before, at the same volume number. Not sure if this is my imagination or not. I'm definitely pleased with the quality of this product and the ease of installation. I got the smoke color wires since I'm not trying to show off. I rarely pop my hood for any reason. Gord was very good with correspondence and shipped the wires and filter promptly. This is a worthwhile mod that actually does something, not just a polished "sounds faster" mod.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:56 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I noticed a big difference with my vdc's performance too, much smoother and not as abrupt.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've had the Gordgee grounding gears for a few years now. I think by now the wires are a bit loose and I want to torque them down again.

Does anyone have the instructions on PDF or the torque settings for each bolt? I think I have it somewhere but can't find it though.

Thanks...

Old 04-08-2009, 03:37 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeee2
I've had the Gordgee grounding gears for a few years now. I think by now the wires are a bit loose and I want to torque them down again.

Does anyone have the instructions on PDF or the torque settings for each bolt? I think I have it somewhere but can't find it though.

Thanks...

nothing more to say

Edit: Actually I will add... if you don't need to check the torque specs of your gas cap, you should not need to trq your ground wire bolts.

Its a very weird question actually.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by mikeee2

Thanks...
If you PM or Email Gord, I think he can send you the pdf. You shouldn't need to torque the wires to any spec as long as they are firmly tight. I think the spec though is 7 to 10 ft-lb.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ckg35
If you PM or Email Gord, I think he can send you the pdf. You shouldn't need to torque the wires to any spec as long as they are firmly tight. I think the spec though is 7 to 10 ft-lb.
Thanks...

Old 04-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Premier Member

Received 421 Likes on 339 Posts
I just installed Gord's Performance kit for the 6MT.

First of all I want to start off by saying that I was pretty sceptical going into this but figured "what the h*ll. It can't hurt, and if nothing else it will at least look cool with all those wires running around."

Well I must admit I am now completely sold on it. Didn't think it was possible but my car runs way better. Throttle responce feels crisper, quicker and smoother revs, cleaner shifts, less unnecessary VDC activity, just a better driving experience all together. It feels like a well-oiled machine.

Also, all the electronics seem to work better in my car. The notorious Bose stereo gets better reception and sounds clearer, and my gas mileage even went up by at least 10%.

It took about 2.5 hours to install (including losing a nut down into the engine bay and having to find a replacement in my shop) and was pretty straight forward. The hardest part was definitely getting to the ECU, mainly because I was paranoid about messing up my interior.

I would suggest replacing the in-cabin microfilter when you connect the ECU wire; its right there and nobody enjoys pulling their interior apart more than necessary.

I had absolutely no experience doing anything like this, but was able to figure it out pretty easily. If you haven't already, DO IT.

Gord's a solid dude too. I was kind of leary about sending a money order internationally, but he kept in contact and everything worked out great.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3471/dscn1310.jpg

Old 05-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Hey, any picture of the cable # 7 on the tranny side? Where to attach it?

Old 05-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Anyone???

Old 05-13-2009, 04:03 PM
If you haven't done so yet, just Email Gord at groundinggear@yahoo.ca

He usually answers Email promptly and can provide extra pictures.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
Installation:
I have 2005 5AT Coupe and just installed 10 wire kit from GroudingGear. I am not the most mechanical savy and I found the installation pretty smooth. I had difficult finding the grouding point on the transmission but after emailing Gord he quickly responded with more pics and explanation. If I knew where the transmission was it would of not being an issue. The ECU wire is the most time consuming one because like mention already you want to take your time and think about it thoroughly before you start to rip out your interior, but it was not bad, I use the video from bythabay on how to change the cabing air filter as guidance and while I was there I also changed my cabin air filter. I give the installation a B+

Customer Service
I was definitely worry about sending a money order to some stranger in Canada, but Gord kept in contact the entire time and email me once he received the money order and shipped the item that same day, he also sends you the tracking number so you can track it online. Gord is a really good guy he is very patient. I constantly emailed him to ask question and check up if he received the money. He was also quick to respond and help even after he already had the money. Definitely A++ on customer service

Performance:
I have only had it install for 2 days now. The car seems to shift smoother, never played with the manumatic before so I couldn't tell you the difference on that. The car also seems quiter while on idle. If I notice any more difference I will update on this post, but for now that is it. Don't want to give performce a grade because its only being 2 days, but if I had to right now I would give it a B

Thanks Gordon

Last edited by lsmooth81; 07-08-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Going through the process of ordering the The 5AT Performance System, the full 10 wire package + Activated Carbon HEPA Filter obviously all from GG and i cant wait!!!

Old 04-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Thumbs up

Gord. Do you have anything for the Hyundai Genesis yet?

I had the wires on the G off after a recent service visit, and definitely noticed a difference after driving around and putting them back on after! Even the service manager noticed.

I'm sooooo glad I tried the Sun Auto and then the Stillen kits before I went to yours. Keep up the great work, and don't worry about people switching to the "clones".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Gordgee's GroundingGear®