Gordgee's GroundingGear®

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
^ + 1!

Old 01-17-2011, 12:55 AM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
How would ground wires work with a Sprint booster and plenum spacer??

Old 05-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For anyone who is interested, I just wrote a review on Gordon's 5AT 10-wire grounding system at the URL below, from a 100% noob's perspective:

https://g35driver.com/forums/canada/...dning-kit.html

Old 07-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How much is this kit?

Old 07-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After reading many positive reviews on Gords Grounding Kit, I took the initiative to get a set of them myself. I bought the "5AT Performance System 10 wire package" and hopefully I can enjoy the benefits myself.

I installed the kit and the first thing I noticed was a better idle right away. My car had lighter vibration and had a slightly smoother start up. At stops the car runs quieter and almost seems as if it has a lower idle point because it made my car more stable.

After a few weeks of driving and letting the ECU take notice of the changes. I have noticed a great improvement in throttle response both in automatic mode and automatic-manual mode. First off, as I slam the pedal on the roll, I immediately get response and less delay as the car jumps into lower gears and speeds. The other test was during automatic-manual mode, I noticed a great improvement in delay time, where as I up shift into the next gear by letting the gas off, more than half a second increase, the car would shift faster (I love this). Further more the next test was by engaging full throttle on automatic-manual mode with foot on continuous gas, and the delay time was decreased as well and shifted immediately into the next gear.

This kit overall made my car sharper, faster, and more efficient. I feel that my car is healthier and better due to these wires. Aesthetically, I love the look on them and very proud to show it off (I got the blue colour package).

I recommend anyone who are in their interest to get the best out of their car to get these wires. Not only does it improve performance, the quality of these wires were top notch. You will not find the quality of these wires anywhere else.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Would this take the place of the "Big 3" upgrade for big car stereo's also??? Except for the Alternator power wire being upgraded?? Thanks

Old 02-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
After so long i forgot to post a pix! here is mine. After trying to hide most of the wires.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Gordon Gee Grounding Gear 5AT 10 Wire Performance Kit

This is my first write up on G35driver because everyone on here have done all the work. All I have to do is search without asking dumb questions. I'm here to write a review on the Grounding Gear Kit.

I usually don't work on my car so I took it to a shop that is one hour from my home.
I get my kit done there and it took the tech one hour. I was in the waiting room reading magazines. I pay for the service. I drove my car and it felt smoother and more responsive.
I drove 50 miles. On a Sunday I went to check my ecu and tcu. I did not see the grounding gear attached. I was asking myself did my tech forgot about it or did he screw me of my wonderful kit from Gordon. There was this one guy who keep asking me about the kit and he look like he wanted to steal my kit because he had a stillen kit for his 370z. I feel stupid now for not watching the install. I went the next day and the tech told me he didn't see it and the owner would make the replacement for me. I'm so angry now but I can't do much now no proof. I know that it is not Gordon Gee Quality Grounding Gear but what can I do now. I let him make it. I drove the car and felt a difference.

This was a bad day for me because I just wanted to see what the fun was about.
Overall the car is more fun to drive now and I would recommend this kit to anyone.
Maybe one day I will re-order the ecu and tcu from Gordon. Right now I want to find out if that Guy stole my wires.

Thank You everyone.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Gordon Gee Grounding Gear 5AT 10 Wire Performance Kit

This is my first write up on G35driver because everyone on here have done all the work. All I have to do is search without asking dumb questions. I'm here to write a review on the Grounding Gear Kit.

I usually don't work on my car so I took it to a shop that is one hour from my home.
I get my kit done there and it took the tech one hour. I was in the waiting room reading magazines. I pay for the service. I drove my car and it felt smoother and more responsive.
I drove 50 miles. On a Sunday I went to check my ecu and tcu. I did not see the grounding gear attached. I was asking myself did my tech forgot about it or did he screw me of my wonderful kit from Gordon. There was this one guy who keep asking me about the kit and he look like he wanted to steal my kit because he had a stillen kit for his 370z. I feel stupid now for not watching the install. I went the next day and the tech told me he didn't see it and the owner would make the replacement for me. I'm so angry now but I can't do much now no proof. I know that it is not Gordon Gee Quality Grounding Gear but what can I do now. I let him make it. I drove the car and felt a difference.

This was a bad day for me because I just wanted to see what the fun was about.
Overall the car is more fun to drive now and I would recommend this kit to anyone.
Maybe one day I will re-order the ecu and tcu from Gordon. Right now I want to find out if that Guy stole my wires.

Thank You everyone.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Gordee's still around....good!

In '05 when I installed my Gordee grounding kit the first thing I did was count the number of wires so I knew I wouldn't be missing anything....Gary

Old 08-22-2012, 09:26 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
I have this on my G as well but i did the work myself. Did you get everything worked out?

Old 08-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
I have this on my G as well but i did the work myself. Did you get everything worked out?
I believe I was cheated at the place. I was just a innocent customer wanting to get work done. I am going to work on my car when I have a working garage. I will not disclosed any information about the place because I don't want to get pick on. Thank You

Old 08-31-2012, 12:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:GroundingGear 6-wire kit for Toyota Corolla XRS 6-speed MT

Hello all. Hope you don't mind a Toyota owner to post comments in GordGee's thread. I recently purchased Gord's GroundingGear "smoke grey" 6-wire kit for my Yamaha tuned 2ZZ engine. I was immediately impressed with the appearance and quality build of this kit. I especially liked the copper wire ends as other suppliers provide "plated" ends. Copper ends make absolute sense to me. The fit and finish of this kits 4 gauge wire system is unsurpassed. Also of note, I was impressed that Gord kept in contact with me, and provided advise and feedback promptly.
As per Gord's instructions, I "daisy chained" his 6-wire GroundingGear kit. After a reset of the ECU, and a few WOT runs, I was able to butt dyno a few impressions. On the first run, my check engine light was flickering a bit. But as the engine and ECU got used to the changes within minutes, seems my car is definitely happy with the new setup. It feels more responsive and more eager to rev. Starts smoother and I think my radio is a little clearer. Even my headlights seem a little brighter?. The "smoke grey" wires look very nice and stealthy in the engine bay. I recently purchased a few more wires from Gord for aesthetic appearances so that now I have his wires connect directly to the battery neg post. I saved my car's original grounding wires in case I use this kit for another vehicle in the future.
Gord's GroundingGear kit is a Canadian made quality built product and I'm sure would benefit any vehicle. In my opinion, all vehicles would benefit with this modification. My overall experience with this purchase and Gord was outstanding. Mike

The following users liked this post:
Gordgee (09-01-2012)
Old 05-30-2013, 06:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just got the kit in pretty quick shipping. my first thoughts was that its a well made kit, everything was done perfect..stamped terminals with numbers quality i give 10/10..i wasnt skeptical about these not doing anything because i have a set of groundwires on my mitsubishi 3000gt and i felt a difference, but man these things are awesome. instantly i felt a huge difference no lag with the pedal, way quicker shift, and it def picked up some power. i noticed at around 4k i have a problem where my car sputters and with the kit it sputtered for a split second and not as long as it normally does. my dad also drove the car and noticed it was alot quicker. install was pretty easy and instructions were good..this kit is top notch quality and it was well worth the money..i think every auto should have this kit

The following users liked this post:
Gordgee (06-03-2013)
Old 08-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
Are any of are forum members running the 10wire grounding system along with the transgo VB upgrade?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Gordgee's GroundingGear®