SDGs I FOUND TEH SPOT FOR PICTURES

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
we wont be doing anything like this in scripps/poway anymore since i do live in the area too, i also have no front license plate, exhaust, window tint, but i thought that was a good spot since i go there time to time and never seen anyone back there, but ive only been living in scripps/poway area for about 2.5 years now so i dont know about up here....but the picture spot should still be chill but yea...

Old 05-29-2008, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The cop did not say SDG's. Why would they, nobody has ever heard of that. haha. U guys are brand new. They did say, a group of g35's however. U guys even show yourselves racing around in traffic with a red supra in the middle of Scripps Poway in broad day light. My point was to simply warn you all that the cops are out there and they are aware and are keeping an eye out. Simple as that.

So lets recap all these legal cars you were all driving.....

G35 no front plate = ticket
White Sky with FMIC and windshield banner = 2 ticket plus hood pop.
White Sky no front plate = ticket

Illegal front plate = ticket
Clear side markers = ticket

Headlight overlay's = ticket
Missing front plate = ticket

inproper lic plate mount, obstructed = ticket

headlight overlay = ticket
windshield sticker = ticket

This one appears to be fine from this angle
but no front plate = ticket

missing front plate = ticket
clear side marker = ticket

This is the exact same crap that got me pulled over, I was lucky it was at night. From the front I look no different than the rest of U. Can't really see my FMIC.

Why do I "need" turbo? I don't need it. I don't really use it infact. I am simply building a show car. I have to daily it right now due to my X-wife taking off on me with my Daily Driven S2000. In the mean time I've had to pay her off in order to keep my 401K in one piece. That means no buying new car. So yeah, not only have I put on 10,000 miles in 9 months I drive to and from SD and LA about every weekend. Kinda hard to put thoes miles on just roamin Scripps ranch. haha

Again i'm pointing this crap out for your benifit too. Like I said the cops know it was a group of G35's. Each of us have a reason to get pulled over if the cop wants to do it. They didn't care before, it's just that your actions gave them a reason to do it now. It's not going to cause me to stop driving it around, it's just an FYI for you all. You can choose to ignore it if you'd like, but just know that I am simply sharing this info. I'd hate for someone to get poped in my hood when I could have given them a heads up.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:41 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
the sky come's w/a turbo from the factory, the FMIC upgrade isn't illegal. all it has is an intake & exauhst from the GM parts catilog. the tune can even be switched back to factory w/the press of a button.

-btw, clear corners are legal w/orange bulbs

Old 05-29-2008, 01:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The first car doesn't need a front plate. It has tags from a different state. Also, the front light overlays aren't illegal since the headlights are not altered, only the turn signals.

I don't think any of us really care about front plate tickets kid. Oh, and the cop didn't give us ANY tickets. Stop hating kiddo. Shall I pull up your car and add up everything illegal on it? Even if we add up all of our missing front plates, you would still have more tickets than all of us combined ROFL

How can a cop not rally see your FMIC? You have a TS front!!! God, Team Hybrid for the loss!!!

Last edited by SDGeneralCounsel; 05-29-2008 at 01:51 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:50 AM
i get why he's mad, we did kinda blow his spot up... BUT the fact is Hybrid, you should have our backs & not the popo's.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by usmcmark
i get why he's mad, we did kinda blow his spot up... BUT the fact is Hybrid, you should have our backs & not the popo's.
I don't think we blew his spot. He just has to be more careful in that area...

Old 05-29-2008, 01:53 AM
"kinda"

Old 05-29-2008, 01:55 AM
it's cool though he should still hit up the meet's... hahahahhahahahahhaha

Old 05-29-2008, 02:34 AM
Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
The first car doesn't need a front plate. It has tags from a different state. Also, the front light overlays aren't illegal since the headlights are not altered, only the turn signals.

I don't think any of us really care about front plate tickets kid. Oh, and the cop didn't give us ANY tickets. Stop hating kiddo. Shall I pull up your car and add up everything illegal on it? Even if we add up all of our missing front plates, you would still have more tickets than all of us combined ROFL

How can a cop not rally see your FMIC? You have a TS front!!! God, Team Hybrid for the loss!!!
You are very uninformed.
My car has looked like this for almost 1 year....Even Ryan can vouch for that.

I know my car is illegal i wasn't trying to hide that fact. U are just simply missing the point, which is interesting since U claim to be a law student. One would thing you'd want to know all aspects of each side before speaking your mind. A little more research should be done on your part. U just called me out on how my car looked a year ago. haha

Not sure why you think I'm hating on you all when my car is beyond illegal. That makes no sense. All I did is INFORM you and you think I am blasting you. I wouldn't be saying any of this **** if I didn't get pulled over myself and get questioned by a cop about what U all were doing. Honestly I wish I was there with you all to partake, but I wasn't, but a cop treated me like I was. I dont' know how many times I have to reiterate that I am telling you all this as INFO ONLY. U think I am siding with police? There isn't even a side. Wake up. I am sure none of U give a **** about a 10 buck fix it, but do U really want to be pulled over in the 1st place? I hear G drivers in LA complain about that **** constantly. I guess if you are cool with getting a fix it ticket from time to time then have to deal with that, then great, good for U. Not everyone wants too.

On a side note, don't say **** about my team, that is just ignorance talking I'm sure. Especially when U are part of a team who just began and has so far done nothing to help this community and just brought negative attention to imports in this area. Which is also sad as my friend Ryan has wanted to be part of a club/team and this is what his members are doing. Why don't you ask him what Team he was interested in joining before he started SDG. I'll give you a hint H_BRID. Once SDG's have doint something positive for the community like HYBRID and TRANSPORT has and/or the import world as a whole then maybe you can start talking about my club.

Good luck in Law School. I'm sure Kraffert & Shaffer LLP has an office just right for U when you are done.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:36 AM
damn u sound like a straight up pig!!! oink oink

Originally Posted by HYBRID ITR43
The cop did not say SDG's. Why would they, nobody has ever heard of that. haha. U guys are brand new. They did say, a group of g35's however. U guys even show yourselves racing around in traffic with a red supra in the middle of Scripps Poway in broad day light. My point was to simply warn you all that the cops are out there and they are aware and are keeping an eye out. Simple as that.

So lets recap all these legal cars you were all driving.....

G35 no front plate = ticket
White Sky with FMIC and windshield banner = 2 ticket plus hood pop.
White Sky no front plate = ticket

Illegal front plate = ticket
Clear side markers = ticket

Headlight overlay's = ticket
Missing front plate = ticket

inproper lic plate mount, obstructed = ticket

headlight overlay = ticket
windshield sticker = ticket

This one appears to be fine from this angle
but no front plate = ticket

missing front plate = ticket
clear side marker = ticket

This is the exact same crap that got me pulled over, I was lucky it was at night. From the front I look no different than the rest of U. Can't really see my FMIC.

Why do I "need" turbo? I don't need it. I don't really use it infact. I am simply building a show car. I have to daily it right now due to my X-wife taking off on me with my Daily Driven S2000. In the mean time I've had to pay her off in order to keep my 401K in one piece. That means no buying new car. So yeah, not only have I put on 10,000 miles in 9 months I drive to and from SD and LA about every weekend. Kinda hard to put thoes miles on just roamin Scripps ranch. haha

Again i'm pointing this crap out for your benifit too. Like I said the cops know it was a group of G35's. Each of us have a reason to get pulled over if the cop wants to do it. They didn't care before, it's just that your actions gave them a reason to do it now. It's not going to cause me to stop driving it around, it's just an FYI for you all. You can choose to ignore it if you'd like, but just know that I am simply sharing this info. I'd hate for someone to get poped in my hood when I could have given them a heads up.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:36 AM
Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts
Honestly Hybrid, everything you listed on our cars being illegal, YOU have also and then some! If the cops wanna say a bunch of G35s were racing in Poway, so be it. Every other type of car races all over this country on the road, dont be so upset just because for once you got stopped because of the numerous things illegal on your car. the cop was simply profiling, and you happen to be driving down the street at that time. As stated earlier, we all KNOW the risk when we got into this game, no need to cry about it if any of us get caught. sounds like the stupid arguement "I never would expect this kinda thing in this type of neighborhood" crap. It happens everywhere. and you didnt even get a ticket. Try being Dark skinned (black, hispanic, pinoy...just to list a few) and driving a nice car anywhere in SoCal just for driving it, and then tell me how unfair things are because a few spoiled it for the rest!

Old 05-29-2008, 02:37 AM
damn just noticed how ****ed up that front bumper is on that dg coupe, damn whos car is that, time to go nismo front bumper

Old 05-29-2008, 02:57 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Sorry dude, I've played the card with them a number of times. It clears most of the bs they try to give you. What you need to realize about police is that for the most part they never have anything to go on until you give them something, and they are pretty efficient at getting information out of people and or tripping them up. This is why attorney's tell their clients not to say anything in absence of their presence.

The second thing you need to understand is that we were not there to street race. We were only there to take photo's and exhaust sound/video clips. We really weren't racing there and have only gone two different times to get footage and we wont be back. We thought this was our secret spot and knew of no drag racing, illegal behavior, etc. that goes on on that road.

The third thing is that even if we are pulled over, I don't think any of us in our group have illegal mods done to our cars besides maybe one of the member's exhaust. Everything on my car is completely legal, so I really couldn't care less if they pull me over. They attempted to tow our cars that day, but I adequately argued that everything on our cars is in fact legal. If you are running illegal parts (like your turbo kit) on your car, it's your own fault for breaking the law, and it really doesn't matter that cops are now looking for G35's. Your tickets are problem and your fault, not ours.
One, they had nothing on us, so even if they are looking for us, they wont get anything. Two, DEAL! That's a regular drag spot and you have a modified car, so you will be hated on by the police anyways.

For the record, SDG's may not have a lot of [major] illegal mods. But they will bust you for what you do have that is illegal. It's already happened in San Diego at a Costco meet about a year ago. Tickets were given for illegal intakes, tint, and no front plates.

Last edited by Calvin; 05-29-2008 at 03:03 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:01 AM
lets stop all the mudslinging now. **** happens, lets move on. We all are safe, and if we lay low on the driving issues for awhile, they'll stop looking. We all work very hard (most of us anyways) for what we have, and should enjoy it safely. so see you all at the meet tomorrow. I might as well not even go home after work since Ill be back over there an hour later anyways...Until 8pm when I gotta come home to watch the season finale of LOST

Old 05-29-2008, 03:03 AM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
The cop told us that was a regular drag spot. After he said that I looked around, and there was a ton of tire marks from someone doing donuts...And it wasnt any of us who did it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SDGs I FOUND TEH SPOT FOR PICTURES