SDGs I FOUND TEH SPOT FOR PICTURES

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 03:04 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by usmcmark
the sky come's w/a turbo from the factory, the FMIC upgrade isn't illegal. all it has is an intake & exauhst from the GM parts catilog. the tune can even be switched back to factory w/the press of a button.

-btw, clear corners are legal w/orange bulbs
No, they are not. Those side markers do not simply act as parking lights, but as reflectors as well. Reflectors must be amber.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:07 AM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by importroller
The cop told us that was a regular drag spot. After he said that I looked around, and there was a ton of tire marks from someone doing donuts...And it wasnt any of us who did it.
I figured that was the case. I was just yanking his chain.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:08 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
No, they are not. Those side markers do not simply act as parking lights, but as reflectors as well. Reflectors must be amber.
well, the CHP shoots on my range here at Camp Pendleton and i asked a bunch of random questions one day. that's the info they gave me.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:14 AM
Overglorified Altima
It's just what I was told when my buddy got pulled over (I was in the car). It's probably a gray area. Maybe the cop way lying.

Last edited by Calvin; 05-29-2008 at 03:19 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:19 AM
yeah, most of it is pretty much up to their discression... but they'll pretty much say anything to get you to incriminiate urself. but somtimes some stuff is just outragiouse and ya just gotta say no, not cool... LOL

Old 05-29-2008, 03:21 AM
Overglorified Altima
I stand corrected, and my buddy should not have gotten a clear corner ticket (he had amber bulbs). LOL

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc25950.htm

*note that if you have clear corners + non-amber bulbs, then you can still get a ticket even if the light is not turned on.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:26 AM
nice find

Old 05-29-2008, 03:27 AM
Overglorified Altima
What can I say? I'm bored. LOL

Old 05-29-2008, 03:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jalilig35
damn u sound like a straight up pig!!! oink oink
I've been pulled over and ticketed for all of thoes things I've listed, that is why I know they are illegal. I have plenty of friends that have too. Fellow g drivers have as well. This should be common knowledge.

Originally Posted by importroller
Honestly Hybrid, everything you listed on our cars being illegal, YOU have also and then some!
I never denied this, so why keep bringing this up? haha

I was pulled over becuase of the way my car looks and the report about you guys. Why else would the 1st thing out of his mouth be him telling me about reports of several cars like this racing in this area? Cops in this area are actually really cool as long as you keep it under control and aren't in a Honda or Acura. haha

It was about 1am when I got rolled at the cul-de-sac right before you go down that hill to HDS. I was mearly leaving work and going a whopping 15mph when I got hit up.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HYBRID ITR43
You are very uninformed.
My car has looked like this for almost 1 year....Even Ryan can vouch for that.

I know my car is illegal i wasn't trying to hide that fact. U are just simply missing the point, which is interesting since U claim to be a law student. One would thing you'd want to know all aspects of each side before speaking your mind. A little more research should be done on your part. U just called me out on how my car looked a year ago. haha
I don't follow how you keep your car. You haven't posted any pics that I've seen of the new setup so what am I to research? I did not miss any facts here. If I have, it was because you were negligent in bringing them forward. I think you are just insanely jealous since you at ever attempt try to belittle me lol. You need to understand, I don't care what you have to say about me, I really don't. I do care when you come in btching and insulting the friends I keep.

Not sure why you think I'm hating on you all when my car is beyond illegal. That makes no sense. All I did is INFORM you and you think I am blasting you. I wouldn't be saying any of this **** if I didn't get pulled over myself and get questioned by a cop about what U all were doing.
Are you still crying about getting pulled over? You didn't even get a ticket little girl. Let it go.

Honestly I wish I was there with you all to partake, but I wasn't, but a cop treated me like I was.
And? You respond politely denying it. There's nothing more the police can do.

I dont' know how many times I have to reiterate that I am telling you all this as INFO ONLY.
We understood the first post you made about this. Ever since that you have just been btching.

U think I am siding with police? There isn't even a side. Wake up. I am sure none of U give a **** about a 10 buck fix it, but do U really want to be pulled over in the 1st place?
Meh, getting pulled over is just something that happens. There's really nothing you can do to prevent it anyways. If we really didn't want to be pulled over we would have kept our cars completely stock looking and sounding.

I hear G drivers in LA complain about that **** constantly.
Have we complained? Do you see one SDG thread complaining about police?

I guess if you are cool with getting a fix it ticket from time to time then have to deal with that, then great, good for U. Not everyone wants too.
Fix it ticket = putting the license plate back on. I think anyone would be cool with that lol

On a side note, don't say **** about my team, that is just ignorance talking I'm sure.
Not at all. You come in her mouthing off to all of us, and you think you aren't representing yourself as a member from another team?

Especially when U are part of a team who just began and has so far done nothing to help this community and just brought negative attention to imports in this area.
I have been modding, racing, etc. for a great number of years. I couldn't care less about the car show crap, so if you think you are "contributing" the to community by placing your car in a show you are sadly mistaken.

Which is also sad as my friend Ryan has wanted to be part of a club/team and this is what his members are doing.
Ummmm, this was Ryan's spot, and Ryan's team. We for the most part follow what he has planned lol

Why don't you ask him what Team he was interested in joining before he started SDG. I'll give you a hint H_BRID. Once SDG's have doint something positive for the community like HYBRID and TRANSPORT has and/or the import world as a whole then maybe you can start talking about my club.
I really don't care about your club dude. I really don't. If all you are going to do is attack another team, everything you think your team has done, is for not. Attacking Ryan is completely unneccessary and off topic. If you had something more to say you would have said it rather than insulting me, Ryan, and the rest of the SDG's.

Good luck in Law School. I'm sure Kraffert & Shaffer LLP has an office just right for U when you are done.
What is Kraffert & Shaffer, L.L.P.? Sorry I'm not from SoCal. In college I worked for the top tax/estate planning/corporate formation firm in the southwest, and after that I went back to D.C. to work for one of the nation's largest law firms. I also come from a family in which my father is a very high ranking government attorney. He was on the current President's personal legal advising team most of the time I was in college before he moved on. You know nothing about me, and you are only making yourself out to be an idiot.

Everything you say reflects on the company you keep. Because you have made yourself out to be an a$$ here, you have also negatively affected your team. Hope you are happy with yourself, and that's all I meant about in my previous post. I sincerely hope you are done here because this thread has spiraled out of control by you. Maybe Calvin should lock this thread?

Last edited by SDGeneralCounsel; 05-29-2008 at 04:03 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just tried to give U the heads up about what the cops in this area are saying. Not sure why U are getting offened by that.

You are twisting words, I have clearly never attacked my FRIEND ryan. I praise him in fact for taking on a leadership role of starting a team. That is not an easy thing to do and maintain and I know he will do well.

You degrade my club when I did nothing but attempt to simply inform you for your own awareness. Again you make assumtions about what my team has done when you admit you have no clue. That makes no sense. There is a reason Hybrid has been around for more than 13 Years. We don't race around our neighborhoods then post the video of all to see. Instead we give back to our comunity through Community involvement via food charity's for example, as does Transport with their famous toy's for tots car shows in december.

I try to share my knowledge and experience to help you. Simple as that. You can make all the excuses you want. I only relayed what a police officer told me about your activities in this area.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:18 AM
word... hahahaha

Old 05-29-2008, 04:22 AM
btw Hybrid, toys for tots is a famous event held by The United States Marine Corps. if some car group does it too, i could care less... but it's not theirs

Old 05-29-2008, 04:25 AM
I'm a United States Marine and i serve my community & country everyday, i don't don't do it w/my car... i don't know anyone who does but that's a pretty sorry excuse for service.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:07 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
we should all kiss and make up..there should be no drama between us SD guys, in our part we made a mistake by racing etc... but yea lets get this behind us and have fun aite

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SDGs I FOUND TEH SPOT FOR PICTURES