South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

2nd annual RB Texas Stampede, Feb. 26 from Austin, Texas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Cato,

I just looked up the Red Roof Inn web site (www.redroof.com). They have two locations in Austin (North and South). Their prices are lower than I expected. The one on the North has a special going on. Their standard rate for a two bed room is $35 per night, but the special is going for $31 per night single occupany or $35 for double occupancy. It's just your basic hotel room, but it may serve your purpose. We will start and end the Stampede on two different sides of town, so either of the hotels should work for you.

Old 02-13-2005, 05:28 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by youngturk
Hey Cato,

I just looked up the Red Roof Inn web site (www.redroof.com). They have two locations in Austin (North and South). Their prices are lower than I expected. The one on the North has a special going on. Their standard rate for a two bed room is $35 per night, but the special is going for $31 per night single occupany or $35 for double occupancy. It's just your basic hotel room, but it may serve your purpose. We will start and end the Stampede on two different sides of town, so either of the hotels should work for you.
I will bet you that the 2 bed room is only 1 room with 2 beds...
I just booked a 2-bedroom suite, two separate bedrooms,
at the Hearthside Suites on I-83 North for Friday-Sunday for $89/night.
My navigator and I would be a whole lot more comfortable sleeping in
separate roooms. Don't want to look "funny". Hehe
I hope the drive starts out in northwest Austin! At least I know this suite
has a kitchenette, cooktop, microwave, mini-fridge, cable tv etc etc.
All the comforts of home! I gave them my credit card, so I have commited.
Can't wait for the Stampeede...................Round em up, move em out!

Old 02-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Cato, you are right, it is one room with two beds. Sorry, I should've been more clear.

I can't wait for the Stampede either !

Old 02-13-2005, 06:01 PM
Cato, you are right, it is one room with two beds. Sorry, I should've been more clear.

I can't wait for the Stampede either !
Where are U from YoungTurk? Have you booked a hotel if you are out of town?

Old 02-13-2005, 07:34 PM
so are there only a handful of coupe drivers coming so far? good for the exclusive factor but it'd be nice to show the Z33 owners who's in charge in central TX. j/k. talking to a couple people in SA and seeing if they're game for a little driving experience

Old 02-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by cato
Where are U from YoungTurk? Have you booked a hotel if you are out of town?
I'm from Austin, so, no, I won't be staying at a hotel.

Old 02-13-2005, 09:02 PM
I'm from Austin, so, no, I won't be staying at a hotel.
You are so lucky! I hated to move from Austin to the Houston area. But the
jobs in oil and gas are in Houston, not Austin. My parents moved to Austin
shortly after my graduation from UT. At present, my mon is very ill and I
cannot stay with them. Can you tell me if the stampede begins in northwest
Austin, or southwest?

Old 02-13-2005, 09:40 PM
You are so lucky! I hated to move from Austin to the Houston area. But the
jobs in oil and gas are in Houston, not Austin. My parents moved to Austin
shortly after my graduation from UT. At present, my mon is very ill and I
cannot stay with them. Can you tell me if the stampede begins in northwest
Austin, or southwest?
Sorry, I can't tell you where it starts until a few days before the event, especially not on a public forum like this. However, I can tell you that the Stampede will start and end at two different ends of town, and they're not that far apart either. Austin's a pretty small town.

I am sorry to hear about your mom's health. I wish her quick healing and recovery. It has to be difficult living in another city while she is dealing with that.

Old 02-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Hope it starts at the same place from last year... that a was nice short drive from my house to get there that early in the morning. (:

In last year's drive, who was driving the daytona blue 350Z (with his girlfriend that came down with motion sickness... poor girl)? I wonder how hard it would be to get something like the vynil decals he had made up with the Stampede logo. I'd run the logo on my car for the days leading up to/including the event... maybe get a couple of other G's in the area here interested that I see occasionally.

Old 02-13-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by spill
Hope it starts at the same place from last year... that a was nice short drive from my house to get there that early in the morning. (:

In last year's drive, who was driving the daytona blue 350Z (with his girlfriend that came down with motion sickness... poor girl)? I wonder how hard it would be to get something like the vynil decals he had made up with the Stampede logo. I'd run the logo on my car for the days leading up to/including the event... maybe get a couple of other G's in the area here interested that I see occasionally.
That 350Z's owner was Joshua. He hasn't signed up yet. If I can find some time, I will look into getting some decals prepared for the Stampede.

In my opinion, one big downside of the kind of large decals Joshua had on his car is: It could attract the attention of people we don't want to attract attention from, if you know what I mean. Being low key is important. This forum keeps the exposure at least under some control. Public display of a driving event could stir interest from people who may never hear about this event. I may be being overly cautious, yet I don't want the day ruined because the wrong person with a little extra time on his hand became curious and decided to investigate this "Texas Stampede" thing. I'd like to avoid any more scrutiny than what is already out there. We can talk about this more freely when we get together on the event day.

Last edited by youngturk; 02-14-2005 at 01:36 AM.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:28 PM
I am sorry to keep on plugging the event like this, but I thought y'all may be interested in this information.

One of the returning Bull Riders from last year’s Stampede has generously donated a brand new Jim Wolf Technology (JWT) G35 ’03 Pop Charger air filter with heat shield (still shrink wrapped in its box). This kit sells for $120 at CourtesyParts.com. JWT claims it will produce a 6.5 HP increase at the wheels. 350Z owners can also use this kit with the purchase of a 350Z heat shield kit from JWT for $25 (I confirmed this with JWT today).

At dinner Saturday night, every G35 and 350Z driver who completes the Stampede will be entered into a drawing - free of charge - to win this kit. For more information regarding the kit go to:

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/cus...asp?PartID=444

If any more Nissan/Infiniti parts and/or accessories are donated, they will be given away the same way (for general items (e.g. NISMO sun visor), everyone who finishes the Stampede, regardless of the make/model of their vehicle, will qualify to enter the drawings).

Last edited by youngturk; 02-14-2005 at 10:51 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:25 AM
YoungTurk,

Since this drive could be 380 miles, my navigator and I plan on swapping positions several
times. Are there scheduled stops along the route, or will we need to pull off the road,
change places and catch up? As a matter of fact, dropping out and catching up might
be really fun!

Old 02-15-2005, 08:12 AM
YoungTurk,

Since this drive could be 380 miles, my navigator and I plan on swapping positions several
times. Are there scheduled stops along the route, or will we need to pull off the road,
change places and catch up? As a matter of fact, dropping out and catching up might
be really fun!
There were a few stops on last year's drive, so nothing to worry about. Some were for refills on gas obviously, some were just to let everyone group-back together and take a breather. Also, there was the obligatory lunch stop.

Last edited by spill; 02-15-2005 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:30 AM
Man, I can't hardly contain myself! I'm so excited about this event. We just need to
pray for good weather. Let's GO

Old 02-15-2005, 08:44 AM
YoungTurk,

be really fun!
Cato,

Sorry, no stopping will be allowed. All driver changes will need to be done while the car is still in motion and without slowing down. If you haven't mastered that yet, you may want to practice before coming...

Well, I am ABSOLUTELY kidding! Thanks, Spill, for the comments. He is absolutely correct, and said it better in fewer words than I could. There is at least one scheduled break after lunch (at gas station). Lunch location will have a gas station nearby, as well.

By the way, where did the "380 miles" figure come from? My guess: It is from the newsletter article regarding last year's Stampede. Just so everyone is clear, this year's Stampede is approximately 270 miles and is so noted at the event's web site (see main page and FAQ). The length of the Stampede will vary from year to year depending on the personality of the Raging Bull.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2nd annual RB Texas Stampede, Feb. 26 from Austin, Texas