Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
same G time,
same G place.

Old 02-26-2005, 12:18 AM
the registered people on the RBTS site dropped to 12. so 8 people had to cancel? that sux bad. no prob though, still looking forward to it.

Old 02-26-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by LivyathanZero
the registered people on the RBTS site dropped to 12. so 8 people had to cancel? that sux bad. no prob though, still looking forward to it.
Of the eight, three are people I have left voicemails for but have not heard back from so they could end up coming. Of the remaining five, three were from Dallas, one was from San Antonio, and the last from Austin (but she can't come because of an illness).

Two people from Dallas (one drives the 350Z AE) were already in transit when I caught them around 5:30 pm to tell them the Stampede had been rescheduled. They're so committed that they decided to continue driving to Austin anyway and wait a day for the Stampede.

This is definitely a group of hard core, die-hard drivers who love to drive no matter what!

Old 02-26-2005, 12:40 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by youngturk
Of the eight, three are people I have left voicemails for but have not heard back from so they could end up coming. Of the remaining five, three were from Dallas, one was from San Antonio, and the last from Austin (but she can't come because of an illness).

Two people from Dallas (one drives the 350Z AE) were already in transit when I caught them around 5:30 pm to tell them the Stampede had been rescheduled. They're so committed that they decided to continue driving to Austin anyway and wait a day for the Stampede.

This is definitely a group of hard core, die-hard drivers who love to drive no matter what!
Yeah! I rescheduled my Hearthside Suites stay from Fiday & Saturday nights to Sat. night only. Will drive ALL day Sunday...

Old 02-26-2005, 12:51 AM
agree turk. don't know who the person here in SA is. haven't talked to anyone else who is going. I may know them though.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:25 PM
To those of you who rode the Raging Bull yesterday: Do you feel weak and tired this morning? If you are, you're not alone. I didn't feel this way last night. Must have been the adrenaline still doing its thing in my body. Now that life is back to normal all the physical exhaustion and mental concentration over 8.5 hours is showing itself. It feels like I rode a real bull all day.

Yesterday's Stampede was absolutely, without a doubt, a great bunch of serious and skilled drivers in a group of great-looking cars riding a sometimes nasty bull in near-perfect weather. Cato has posted many pics on another thread - make sure to check them out. A post-Stampede report, pictures, and video will all make it to the event web site as soon as I can recover from yesterday's ride.

Thanks to everybody for an awesome Stampede.

Old 02-28-2005, 01:42 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
My nuckles are still white and my fingers still feel like they are GRIPPING the wheel! My heart is still beating a tad faster just thinking what we did yesterday! I should have earned a Stampede Badge for finishing all of the 270 mile course.

Old 04-01-2005, 09:49 AM
101 pictures from the Stampede are now avaiable on the web site at:

http://www.rbtexasstampede.com/feb2005_index.html

Enjoy!