Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 12:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Just registered yesterday! cant wait.

Old 02-22-2005, 02:59 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I think we are up to 20 cars now! I think we should plan on the Stampede
even if there is a slight drizzle.....a downpour would be no fun, but light rain
would be OK. I just want this thing to go this weekend. Pray for sun. Pray for
sun. over and over again............................

Old 02-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, we have officially hit 20 cars with the addition of an Ultra Yellow Metallic 350Z Anniversary Edition.

Old 02-22-2005, 09:11 PM
is there a StarBucks near the starting point? getting up early enough to drive to Austin and be there early, 8am on a ssaturday morning I'm going to need a cup of coffee

Old 02-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by LivyathanZero
is there a StarBucks near the starting point? getting up early enough to drive to Austin and be there early, 8am on a ssaturday morning I'm going to need a cup of coffee
Man, first you expressed preference for a particular brand of gas station, and now you want a Starbucks coffee shop near the Starting Point? What's a Tourmaster to do ?!

Well, I'm just kidding; just trying to give you a hard time. Actually, even though I do not drink any coffee, I thought about your question before, but didn't do anything about it. Here's what I will do: I have found three Starbucks Coffee shops near the starting point (gotta love the internet). I will include a map showing their locations in the driving instructions to the starting point, which I should email to you folks in the next couple of days.

Thanks for asking the question. I am sure many others will appreciate it.

Old 02-23-2005, 07:40 AM
I will be bringing my espresso maker so that on Saturday morning, I will be able to brew up some strong java! I also cannot function without my morning "fix". Usually it is a double espresso. This is why I have reserved a suite with kitchenette. Probabbly will have a thermos of the good stuff along for the ride. Pe prepared!

Old 02-23-2005, 09:37 PM
what can I say, I spoil myself. it's a tough life but I bust my *** to earn it. I can take a joke better than most, but you'd better expect a reply, I'm good at those. gotta keep it fair. saw the points on the map, thanx for looking out for us troublesome people. cato, it's a white chocolate mocha for me. drink a veinte and have another in the thermos for the road, watch out for caffeinated G drivers!

Old 02-23-2005, 09:42 PM
I'm hoping and crossing my fingers and everything else that I'll have my hood tomorow or friday morning at the latest so I can show it off at the meeting. https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...263#post454263
that's the thread in the bodykit forum. there's pictures there of the hood out of the box and it resting in the paint booth. enjoy

Old 02-24-2005, 08:08 AM
I'm hoping and crossing my fingers and everything else that I'll have my hood tomorow or friday morning at the latest so I can show it off at the meeting. https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...263#post454263
that's the thread in the bodykit forum. there's pictures there of the hood out of the box and it resting in the paint booth. enjoy
I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing your Injen exhaust set up, actually. That's the one I've been contemplating, but don't know and haven't seen anyone else here in Austin with the system installed (I did see 1 350Z with it on, and tried to get the guy to stop so I could check it out, but I'm thinking that everytime I wanted to get side to side with him, he got the impression that I wanted to race.... the tool.)

See you Saturday.

Old 02-24-2005, 07:14 PM
so you're going too, spill? great, hope to meet you there. just keep in mind that the SES isn't normally as loud as mine. I've got Helix test pipes too

Old 02-25-2005, 10:46 AM
Oh man! The forcast for Saturday is 90% chance of rain. Looks like a really lousey day for the Stampeed. Sunday looks a whole lot better. 20% chance of rain. Are we gonna postpone it to Sunday????

Old 02-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by cato
Oh man! The forcast for Saturday is 90% chance of rain. Looks like a really lousey day for the Stampeed. Sunday looks a whole lot better. 20% chance of rain. Are we gonna postpone it to Sunday????
The forecast appears to be all over the place - from 30% to 80% chance of rain depending on the TV station (see the Weather Forecast page at the web site). I think it is still too early to decide on re-scheduling the Stampede. The forecast could change for the better uenxpectedly. Moreover, even with rain chances, we may not get any rain at all. I will continue following the forecasts and update the web site as the forecasts change. At this point, unless there is a significant worsening of the forecast or unless the weather is just awful Saturday morning, the Stampede will be on.

Old 02-25-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by youngturk
The forecast appears to be all over the place - from 30% to 80% chance of rain depending on the TV station (see the Weather Forecast page at the web site). I think it is still too early to decide on re-scheduling the Stampede. The forecast could change for the better uenxpectedly. Moreover, even with rain chances, we may not get any rain at all. I will continue following the forecasts and update the web site as the forecasts change. At this point, unless there is a significant worsening of the forecast or unless the weather is just awful Saturday morning, the Stampede will be on.
I guess I will still drive to Austin tonight and stay at the Hearthside Suites.
Should I drive up to RoundRock Saturday morning if it is raining in Austin?
This is just too depressing to think about. Why don't we just decide to do it
regardless of the weather? I hate to think of driving up to Austin and finding
something to pass away the Saturday while hoping for Sunday.
And I was gonna wash my G35 today. I guess that would be the kiss of death!

Old 02-25-2005, 01:18 PM
agree with cato, I was going to wash my G but not with the rain chances as they are. so far we've been getting the same forcast here in SA that Austin's getting and everyday they've said we're supposed to have thunderstorms. it poiured two nights ago, then a bit of mist for about 30 minutes yesterdsay afternoon. this morning I think 6 drops of rain fell on me then it was over. I think we might have a couple drops of rain but will have clear weather for the drive

Old 02-25-2005, 08:54 PM
If you haven't registered already, you don't know that this event has been rescheduled to Sunday, February 27 due to expected adverse weather conditions (i.e. lots of rain). Same time (8:45 am), same place. Sunday is forecast to have 20% chance of rain in the am, then partly cloudy. A little more information is available at the web site (it'll be updated in the next few minutes).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2nd annual RB Texas Stampede, Feb. 26 from Austin, Texas