Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 02:12 PM
FS: OEM 18" W-n-T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hurricane Katrina

Are you in Hurricane Katrina's path?

Where are you evacuating to?

I'm leaving New Orleans to Houston via I-10 this afternoon.
Are there any G35 must visit places in Houston?

I'll be there with my G35 Coupe, are there any p
lanned meetings/cruises this Sunday?

I gotta go pack.

Later, Al

Old 08-28-2005, 02:36 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure if you can ride this one out. I hope that it gets weaker but that is not looking likely right now. Prayers and Best Wishes go out to those in the path.

Remembering what happened in Andrew and what I saw afterwards, things are not going to look or be the same when all is said and done.

Old 08-29-2005, 12:16 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow, 20'-30' water surge around N. Orleans caused by category 5 storm named Katrina.- due to hit land by about 5am eastern time.

Be safe people...our prayers and thoughts are with you.

Colin.

Old 08-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
I was going to post in "off topic" forum - but glad I found this... I've been watching the news and weather channel since last night - just insane! Superdome leaking and winds tearing **** up!!! A 500K gal water tower blown over!

I really hope all ends okay when this is through. My thoughts are with all of you! I'm inclined to say I hope your Gs fair well, but I realize that for some that's the least of your concerns.

Be safe, I sincerely hope it all ends well.

Best Regards to Southern brothers (and sisters) ~ from So Cal

Old 08-29-2005, 04:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Our deepest regards and prayers go out to all of you...

Old 08-29-2005, 09:25 PM
FS: OEM 18" W-n-T
Well guys, my worst fears have come true. I live 3 blocks from Lake Pontchatrain and I have reports that my home is TOTALLY under water. I have lost most of my toys including a 73 Vette, 82 Ferrari, 66 TR4-A, 01 Honda Goldwing, 76 TR-6 and many many other hobbies. My most prized possesions, my family & my G35C made it out before the traffic jams. I'm being told that it will be at least 2 weeks before I can return to my neighborhood. Thanks for your support and I will only be online once or twice for the next few days.

Thanks Again...

Old 08-29-2005, 10:10 PM
There will be a meet wednesday night with some fellow 350z members on westhiemer and beltway 8.. in the Taco Cabana Parking lot around 9-10 ish... open invitation to all, ALWAYS =) ...

I have alot of family in New Orleans, there all here now hehehe... I wish you all the best.. take cares.

Old 08-29-2005, 10:12 PM
Sorry, to hear about your loss... glad your family is okay, and made it out of katrina's path... take cares and best wishes.

Old 08-30-2005, 11:48 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss Max....I'm glad you and your family are safe...my regards and prayers go out to you...

Old 08-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by G35Maxedout
Well guys, my worst fears have come true. I live 3 blocks from Lake Pontchatrain and I have reports that my home is TOTALLY under water. I have lost most of my toys including a 73 Vette, 82 Ferrari, 66 TR4-A, 01 Honda Goldwing, 76 TR-6 and many many other hobbies. My most prized possesions, my family & my G35C made it out before the traffic jams. I'm being told that it will be at least 2 weeks before I can return to my neighborhood. Thanks for your support and I will only be online once or twice for the next few days.

Thanks Again...
Man that really sucks! I'm very sorry to hear that you have lost so much, but glad you and your family are okay... It's just unbelievable the images I keep seeing on the news and weather channel. I don’t know anyone in that area, yet I feel for all that are there.

I can’t help but feel like I should be helping - I considered getting on a plane to see if they need volunteers, but obviously realize there isn’t much that can be done as of yet.

I hope all affected keep their spirits up and realize the rest of us are thinking of you and willing to help if/when necessary.

~ God Bless

Old 08-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Maxedout

Thanks Again...
Sorry to hear about your loss...
Glad you & your family could make it out to higher ground, safe & sound.

Old 08-30-2005, 03:44 PM
thoughts and prayers - just glad you and your family still have your health.

Old 08-31-2005, 03:30 PM
at least ur family is okay. and you do have insurance right even though its prolly going to take at least a year to get all the clams filed.

super off topic but a professor was telling me that people that were effected by the storm that were still there was stealing stuff from walmart.

Old 08-31-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by G35_Foo
at least ur family is okay. and you do have insurance right even though its prolly going to take at least a year to get all the clams filed.

super off topic but a professor was telling me that people that were effected by the storm that were still there was stealing stuff from walmart.
I've been following this situation closing via media... The "stealing" that your professor referred to is due to the fact that these people are stranded! They can’t get out of the area... In many/most cases they have nothing. No home, no car, and obviously no food or water. Most of the "stealing" cases are a matter of survival. I'm definitely not a bleeding liberal and normally would not condone any type of thievery, but in this case people are doing what is necessary. And for what it's worth, many markets' owners have told locals to take what they need.

This is an incredibly trying time of need. My local chapter of American Red Cross is training and deploying volunteers for the next several days. I am waiting for a return call to take part. I anticipate going to the region within the next few days to help however I can.

BTW - most people do not have hurricane insurance... its too damn expensive because the claims are huge! I live in So Cal and trust me; most people do not have earthquake insurance either. Normal homeowners insurance doesn’t cover these types of natural disasters. These people are really screwed and need what ever help is available.

Old 08-31-2005, 04:05 PM
^^I agree with the looting for survival....i can understand b/c i would do the same....but in some reports about stealing others goods...that's just wrong....I to am hoping to help gather some donations for the Katrina relief...I'm working with my company to see what we can come up with to help these people....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hurricane Katrina