SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

TMS dyno day in Central Florida is on!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TMS dyno day in Central Florida is on!

I'm in. The G/Z meet this is turning into will make it worth it. I'm looking forward to meeting the tampa folks.

1. Neffster, (Todd) - 3 runs with wide band
2. SFLG35, (Daniel) - 3 with wide band
3. DED, (Dennis) - two runs (no wide band)
4. Demonteverde, (ian) - two runs with wide band
5. Omi - 3 runs with wide band
6. Tim - # OF RUNS? WIDEBAND? (vortec 350z)
7. ZUL8R - 3 runs w/ wideband
8. 350_Z - 2 runs (no wide band)
9. Noahbuddy - 3 runs with wideband
10. ThoughtZ - 3 runs with wideband... (greddy TT)
11. maximumsportZ - 2 runs (no wide band)
12. SupraFastTT - 2 runs (no wide band)
13. Z32Fairlady - 2 runs WIDEBAND?
14. NikNala - 2 runs with wide band
15. dave - "sharfin" # OF RUNS? WIDEBAND?
16. Mek - 2 runs with wideband
17. PlatG - 3 runs w/ wideband

Old 05-08-2004, 03:52 PM
FGC Central Florida BOD

since Mek is in with a stock 5AT...im in with a slightly modded 5AT

6. Tim - # OF RUNS? WIDEBAND? (vortec 350z)
18. DaShiznet (AKA DaBomb) - 2runs with wideband

'03 G35 Coupe | Black on Black | Performance
20% tint | Clear Corners | Ztube & Popcharger
http://www.cardomain.com/id/dabomb3

Old 05-08-2004, 06:57 PM

YOu do need to cool down the engine as to not overheat it. I mean it has to warmed up as in the oil. People ice down their cars at the track:
A} so as to keep their clutch cool
B} Those engine heat up 10x faster and hotter than ours.

IP / 6MT / Xenons Everywhere / Mirror Tint / Injen CAI / Injen Exhaust / Tanabe Springs / Ground Wires / Apex'i S-AFC II / Some things you don't know about yet!

Old 05-09-2004, 08:47 AM

i can only hope to make it.......

im not certain my blower will be done (and tuning) wjich is what im holding out for....

it'll be close, for certain

-eS

ps- 3 and wideband is what im after, if i can get it done!

Old 05-09-2004, 10:33 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

hope you can make it -eS. that would be tight. 3 superchargers and 1 twin turbo. especially considering since they had abosultly none at zfest.

got a response from tim with the vortech z, said he wanted to do 3 with wideband. so here is the updated list.

6. Tim - 3 runs with wideband (vortec 350z)
18. DaShiznet (AKA DaBomb) - 2runs with wideband

had anyone heard from rich? i'll have to give him a call and see if he can make it.

Daniel

5ATC / DP / Willow / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights / Z - Tube / OEM Remote Window Up / VDC Memory

Old 05-09-2004, 07:51 PM

Wow no FI at Zfest? Now i'm really bummed a i couldnt go the car wasnt done yet. Oh well maybe i can make up for it at Hot Import Nights

Old 05-10-2004, 10:16 AM

The Dyno Day Sign Up List is officially placed on hold. No new people over the 18 we already have signed up for the time being!!!

I called TMS a few minutes ago to see how they had planned on fitting in 18 people in on 1-day (I originally was told it takes from 30 - 40 minutes per car so I figured that we'd be there about 9-12 hours which would make for a FULL DAY), and the answer I got didn't sound too good. I was told that they usually do about 1 car per hour (by someone that I've never spoken with before), but this guy said that he would have to have "NERO" call me back to give me more specific time frames. I'm not sure what else to say, except I promise to post updates as soon as I hear from TMS.

300bhp??? We'll see... 5-22-2004

Old 05-10-2004, 10:53 AM
FGC President

maybe we could trun it into tms dyno weekend.

Daniel

5ATC / DP / Willow / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights / Z - Tube / OEM Remote Window Up / VDC Memory

Old 05-10-2004, 11:30 AM

Todd, you may be able to find another place that can handle more volume. Splitting people up would take away from the "meet" aspect of this. I for one was looking forward to seeing the mods people were doing as well as hearing the different exhaust combinations, since I will be doing that next. However, since this wasn't intended to be a meet from the beginning it may not even be a factor.

Old 05-10-2004, 01:04 PM
FGC President

ian

you goin to have the borla exhaust you just got from eS put on before dyno day?

Daniel

Old 05-10-2004, 01:07 PM
FGC President

eS: whos puttin your vortech on? you doin it yourself? im down for watchin. whose tuning it? you should look at secret services out there in clearwater. they do a lot of nissian tuning.

Daniel

5ATC / DP / Willow / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights / Z - Tube / OEM Remote Window Up / VDC Memory<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by SFLG35 on 05/10/04 10:10 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 05-10-2004, 05:43 PM

THE UPDATE:

<font color=blue>On-line signup for TMS DYNO DAY HAS NOW OFFICIALLY ENDED. If someone decides to drop their slot, another person can take their place, but we have to cap the turnout to 18. </font color=blue>

I just got home from work. After talking to Nero for about 10 minutes it looks like the 18 people we have will be enough for a full day. After telling him that people were coming from Tampa and possibly Jax, and I didn't want anyone getting left out, he PROMISED me that if no more than 18 show up to do their runs then everyone will get their turn on Saturday.

He also said that often times when 18 plan on showing up, maybe 10-14 actually make it. I tend to know the G35 group and how loyal we are, so if the 350Z, Supra and other car owners are as dedicated as we are, it's going to be a fun filled day.

I mentioned that we had 1 TT 350 and 3 SC'd G's/Z's showing up, along with a variety of NA folks. He seemed interested and he told me that they will have some aftermarket parts for sale as well as tuning information available for those who are interested.

I also asked them what forms of payment they accept, his response was CASH ONLY. He said it's a PITA to open the other half of their store to do credit cards, so they really prefer CASH.

To keep it simple (this has not changed)...
2 runs = $40
3 runs = $50
air fuel measurement (wideband) = $10

If anyone wants to back out, please let me know sooner rather than later. There might be more people interested in showing up that would like your spot.

Tampa folks, looks like you can show up anytime before noon and we'll be in good shape. It's looking like they'll be able to do up to 2 cars per hour, and it looks like we have at least 6 local Orlando people showing up at 9am, so anytime before noon is good for the Friday night partiers in Tampa... [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

*** A personal request... G35 owners PLEASE DO NOT BACK OUT!!! It looks like we are going to have an EXCELLENT turnout with various states of mods to pull performance data from. This is the MAIN REASON for me putting this event together.

I plan on staying all day to record data so does anyone have any ideas on how we should do lunch? Should I try to have something catered or is that too much?

Old 05-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Daniel,

Nope, not going to put on the borla for dyno day. I think I am going to be the only stock 6mt G35 there (well from the orlando crowd anyway) so I would like to see (as would some others) what a stock base dyno will result in.

Neffster,

For the air fuel measurement, is it $10 bucks added to each single run you do or $10 for all runs in total you do?

You think we'll be o.k. in regards to parking? I know we're bringing in at least 18 people and the TMS parking is small and is always full (least that is what I saw the two times I drove by). Guess will have to line the fence all the way back to Mcdonalds if everyone shows up.

How much for catering? Maybe we should just drive to Bennigans (like always). There's one down on colonial near Fashon Square Mall or we could head back to the one on university. Or we could do ale house on semoran...just throwing out ideas...

2k4 - 6 mt, diamond graphite coupe

Old 05-10-2004, 06:39 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Not backing out, but if any G35 drivers want on the list in my place, it would be ok since I do not have any mods installed. Either way is ok with me, I will be there.

Wendy's at exit #10 before 9:00 am sounds good to me. I have a map to the shop so no probs there.

Now if we could just do something about those damn love bugs......

Old 05-10-2004, 07:11 PM

Mek's spot is not up for grabs!!! He and Ian the most important people showing up (for what I'm looking to put together). I need baselines and your cars are the most important data points for performance comparison purposes. If you two back out I will not know what the stock G's are reading. If you run and get 236 rwhp, and Ian runs and gets 237rwhp then I can "generalize" that for this specific day, temperture, humidity, and other conditions that my pull of (a wild *** guess) 255rwhp means that the RT Cats, Z-Tube, P/C, and Crawford Plenum yield an approximate 18-19 rwhp. If DED pulls 242 rwhp then we can say the Z-Tube, P/C nets 5-6 rwhp.

See what I'm going for?

Ian, wideband is just an additional $10, period. It takes only an extra second for them to place the "sniffer" inside of your exhaust tip, and they'll leave it there for all of the runs.

(Example: 3 runs with wideband = $50 + $10 = $60 total)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TMS dyno day in Central Florida is on!