SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Lowering in tampa...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 09:34 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
Where do you suggest I find a Z-tube? and that plenum? and will i have to get anything reset..ecu wise
ztube
got to my350z.com and search the for sale section.
best and cheapest way to get one.

plenum
contact doug at crawford z car
crawfordzcar.com

Old 05-12-2006, 11:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cool..they were maya gr 5's or something like that..i used to have maidos on my Z so i am familiar, but i cannnot remember ..but he had a sticker on his car so i assume he might be here...it was right by tampa palms dude, i see that in your profile...so maybe you know him. it was him and his girl riding....i was jammin and he rolled his window down and probably thought i was ignoring him but i wasnt......i was just pumpin my music----ray cash!

but good lookin on the parts. as soon as i get back into town i will most def hit dude up. plus i have to get my springs installed and front end fixed...my friggin nephew took my car out nd popped a curb..so my front end has a big *** owwwie! also , has anyone seen halo light fog lights for the G? i think that would be nasty...i know bimmers do but not G's.

Old 05-12-2006, 11:30 AM
the z tube you can buy at a local nissan dealership. just go to the parts department. you could always pay about $75 for one, plus shipping off of the internet, but for that, you might as well go buy it at the dealer and have it on today

the plenum, you should buy that online. check grubbs.

for the z tube, you wont need the ecu reset. once you have everything together, you should do a reset. although your car should adapt either way, it's just better to get the reset out of the way.

Old 05-12-2006, 02:03 PM
cool. but how the hell is a tube alone going to add 7hp? i dont see that one. sound maybe because its killing the resonator, but aside from that, i dont see where or how?!

also as i was asking, the placement if the airbox is crucial, are there any non threatening ways to place the airbox without making the front look like a vacumcleaner is in the grill? or a way to get it set so that it gets good flow, but not worried about getting water inside. i have heard people talking about the injen has some part that keeps water out, but where are people placing the air boxes? dont want it really low because the air is hot as ****, but cant have it crazy high without it being a snorkle of sorts...

any ideas? or maybe someone created or fabricated a flow scoop or anything? pics? also has anyone included some insane octane boost that created extra noticeable power ...at least for a little while?

i had an idea to do that but i dont wanna burn up anything.....

Old 05-12-2006, 02:48 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It doesn't give you 7hp. A single mod is not going to give you anything by itself because the other bottlenecks remain. The Z tube only makes your car slightly louder over 4k rpm. People argue that the hp difference between a G and a Z is due to the intake tube. Either way it's a good idea to get it because the tube diameter is 3" compared to 2.5" stock plus the resonator you mentioned.

Get an AEM or a Nismo intake (same thing) if you're so worried about hydrolocking.

Old 05-12-2006, 02:58 PM
7hp to the crank will result in about 1 maybe 2 WHP. like finiti said, some argue the only difference between the G35 and the 350z is the intake arm. the G35 intake arm restricts air flow, while the 350z is straight through.

if you make an extensive search for z-tube information, you will find out that everyone has their own opinion. some have dyno tests to back up their claims, other say they "feel" the difference.

at the end of the day, the CAI's will not give any more than 10hp to the crank, and that's stretching it. they sell a heat shield to supposedly maintain the hot air away from the intake, but this is worthless. why? because hot air sucked up by the intake comes from the vents infront of the car, and the bottom, not from the side where the engine is located

the heat shield is sold by JWT and stillen, but i wouldnt waste my money on that, or a CAI. ohh and btw, there are some people who have LOST hp due to a specific brand of CAI intakes. i dont recall which one...

Old 05-12-2006, 06:26 PM
ok, i guess we hve been edited....sorry forum gods.