Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

WTF is going on with Los Angeles law enforcement.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WTF is going on with Los Angeles law enforcement.

Thursday night I leave Hollywood Park @appx 1:30am. I pull up at a red light next to a CHP car. He had not seen me before I pulled up at the light. When the light turns green, I drive no more than 20 feet or so and he moves behind me and lights me up. He tells me he pulled me over for my window tint(WTF?!?!?) and asks why I have my windows tinted so dark. I tell him I like it like that and want to tell him to just leave me the eff alone. He then asks where I am coming from and I tell him. He asks how much I had to drink there. I say I had nothing(not to mention that I found out I am type II diabetic on sept 23 and had not had one drop of alcohol since then). I have no alcohol on breath, no waterey or bloodshot eyes, no slurred speech, or any of the other standard lies cops use to justify checking for DUI. He tells me to follow his pen with my eyes. He goes back and forth about 20 times(seriously...like over 2 minutes). He finally stops when I kinda roll my eyes like WTF?!?!. Then the other douche cop starts asking me how long I have had the car and if I had any problems with it. I guess he is looking for an excuse to look under my hood for illegal mods. I tell him nothing.

Then I drive home. I get off the freeway and another cop is behind me. He follows me almost all the way home, clearly running my plates. WTF!?!?!?!?

Then on the way to Vegas this weekend(over 100 lifetime trips, no tickets) I get cited for 88 in a 70. Not worth challenging it in court as this is my first ticket in about 6 years and I can take traffic school.

But damm, what the heck is going on? It seems like G's are being targeted pretty hard or something. I wonder if CHP guys are being told to aggressively go after "fast looking" cars.

Old 10-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks....sorry to hear that. Yeah sometimes cops have nothing better to do. Maybe they were just jealous that you had a G.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:14 PM
It seems to be a trend these days guys.

As i mentioned in a previous thread, i was pulled over and told i was going 82 in a 65.
I was going 65.
Officer was lying.

To make a short story even longer, i had just gotten back from getting the car detailed and she was lookin bitchin.
Everything was clean, smooth and shiny.
I fought the ticket and luckily won.

But back on topic...
The cops DO seem like they're targetting/cracking down harder than usual on "fast lookin" or "modified" cars.

I had a Irvine PD patrol car tailgating my a$$ for a good 6 blocks.
His bumper was probably a good 3 feet away from my rear end.

I'll fess up to a ticket i deserve.
But when it's unnecessary harrassment or frivolous accusations, that's where i draw the line.

Take it easy out there guys...
Bottom line, our cars do LOOK fast.
(and they really are)

That is all,
DRU

Old 10-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Team Transport Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mines faster than yours!!!

Old 10-23-2006, 05:54 PM
of course it is you dip$hit.
(falling down a cliff)

Old 10-23-2006, 05:55 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
^^ Freakin' trouble maker!! LOL!

Old 10-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Stories like this **** me off!
*** cops (most of them).

Old 10-23-2006, 07:47 PM
Team Transport Member
hey hey hey *** ALL of them

Old 10-23-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by shirog35
That sucks....sorry to hear that. Yeah sometimes cops have nothing better to do. Maybe they were just jealous that you had a G.
+1^

Old 10-23-2006, 08:06 PM
Florida G35 Club
most of the time they're all a$$'s...

Old 10-26-2006, 12:47 AM
Keep the outside of the ride legal. Make sure you have Lic plates on, no tint on front windows, no decals on front window, etc. Don't give them an excuse to pull you over... mind your speed and use the turn signal.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:32 AM
^u forgot to add "drive like a granny" :P

Old 10-26-2006, 01:44 PM
^^^
Don't forget to drive like a granny.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:58 PM

I bet it was this guy^^^

Old 10-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by sternroolz
Thursday night I leave Hollywood Park @appx 1:30am. I pull up at a red light next to a CHP car. He had not seen me before I pulled up at the light. When the light turns green, I drive no more than 20 feet or so and he moves behind me and lights me up. He tells me he pulled me over for my window tint(WTF?!?!?) and asks why I have my windows tinted so dark. I tell him I like it like that and want to tell him to just leave me the eff alone. He then asks where I am coming from and I tell him. He asks how much I had to drink there. I say I had nothing(not to mention that I found out I am type II diabetic on sept 23 and had not had one drop of alcohol since then). I have no alcohol on breath, no waterey or bloodshot eyes, no slurred speech, or any of the other standard lies cops use to justify checking for DUI. He tells me to follow his pen with my eyes. He goes back and forth about 20 times(seriously...like over 2 minutes). He finally stops when I kinda roll my eyes like WTF?!?!. Then the other douche cop starts asking me how long I have had the car and if I had any problems with it. I guess he is looking for an excuse to look under my hood for illegal mods. I tell him nothing.

Then I drive home. I get off the freeway and another cop is behind me. He follows me almost all the way home, clearly running my plates. WTF!?!?!?!?

Then on the way to Vegas this weekend(over 100 lifetime trips, no tickets) I get cited for 88 in a 70. Not worth challenging it in court as this is my first ticket in about 6 years and I can take traffic school.

But damm, what the heck is going on? It seems like G's are being targeted pretty hard or something. I wonder if CHP guys are being told to aggressively go after "fast looking" cars.

Yeah man, sux.. sorry to hear that, but hey, it could be worse.
I've had my G for about 2 years now and man, cops love to go after me.
My first ticket (ever in my life) was in my G. I was clearly speeding and I didn't fight it.. just did traffic school.

A year later, I was cited for speeding (which was b.s.). I told tell the officer that I was very ill and was on my way to the hospital, which I was (I have a lung disease). He didn't budge on it, held me there for another 15 mins, even while I was coughing up blood. I missed my pulmonary appt, my condition worsened, I had to go to the ER at Kaiser... that jerk.

After that, I got a stupid ticket for an illegal turn when I got lost and didn't see the Right Turn Only sign.

A month after that, an officer in a speed trap in my work parking lot got me for an alleged "rolling stop." That ONE was TOTAL B.S.! I knew he was there and made the stop... but, he continued to be an a**hole about it (not to mention, he also busted 7 other people from my job that day) for stupid things like seat belts and other crap.

So, you're not alone on that one buddy.
I hear ya.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTF is going on with Los Angeles law enforcement.