Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Santa Monica Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Santa Monica Infiniti

I may need to get some maintenance work done soon and was wondering if anyone ever gotten any service work done @ Santa Monica INfiniti? I've noticed they have a fairly new service area. It's actually not located near the showroom and other cars, it's just off the 10.

What type of work did you get done?
What was your experience?
Do you recommend them or a particular service manager?
Would you go back again?

Old 05-21-2007, 01:04 PM
I've been there a few times to get a couple TSBs looked at. I've always found that their service staff is unfriendly and difficult to work with. They've never had a loaner available, and take a long time to do simple service. I would not take my car there if I could avoid it.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:24 PM
wassupMyNinjas! (^_^)

Received 102 Likes on 45 Posts
I've been there before for just oil changes twice. It was alright.... I just had to remind them not to wash my car after the service.

I haven't had anything major done there since I only have 9000 miles and have only done 2 oil changes there.

Good luck if you go, just make sure they do a walk-through checking for existing damage.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Well If You Need Just Maint Work Done, And You Are Willing To Take The Drive, Bring It To Me Here At West Covina Nissan. I Have Running Specials For The G35driver Forum Members. Call Me If Interested 626-732-1000 X6347 Or Send Me A Pm.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:17 PM
From what other ppl say...do not go there ever.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I've heard nothing but bad things about Santa Monica. I believe Vixen bought her car there and she said it was a horrible experience. I would stay away from them. Go to Glendale if it isn't too far. They aren't the greatest but they get the job done. The service guys are pretty friendly too. Talk to Jesse if you go there. He helped me out when I was getting my engine replaced. He is a good guy.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:20 PM
avoid santa monica as much as possible. i would travel all the way to glendale if i were you.
i would ONLY recommend you buy from them coz they seem to have better offers but NEVER go to their service. This is not only my opinion but 2 of my coworkers' too

Trending Topics

Old 05-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
I've heard nothing but bad things about Santa Monica. I believe Vixen bought her car there and she said it was a horrible experience. I would stay away from them. Go to Glendale if it isn't to far. They aren't the greatest but they get the job done. The service guys are pretty friendly too. Talk to Jesse if you go there. He helped me out when I was getting my engine replaced. He is a good guy.
great minds think alike Hexx. i was just telling that!

Old 05-21-2007, 06:05 PM
sounds like bad reviews over all... i'll take all that into consideration. So far I've only dealt with them once (oil change) and they actually gave me a loaner for just that (Hertz rental actually) cuz they ran outta cars. I think the service writer was George. Anyway, I'll take Heri's advice for major maintenance at west covina (I actually bought my car from Tustin when Heri was working there).

I'll let you guys know how things go if I do a couple TSB's there.... probably won't do maintenance. Supposedly, they have the biggest Infiniti service center on the "westside." Whatever that means.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:14 PM
I've been there twice. The first time in 2003 at the old location for the infamous grease streak on the inside windows. The service writer I had back then was an idiot. I don't believe he works there anymore.

I had a slightly better experience the second time.
I went to their new facility for the fuel hose recall and to get my tranny flushed. They tried to charge me extra for taking off my aftermarket exhaust to do the recall. After a couple of conversations over the phone they eventually decided not to charge me for it. My service writer bs'd the service manager and told him that I was a very good and repeat customer.
My service writer was Kevin...and I did get a loaner.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:31 PM
STAY AWAY from Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys, CA.

They will point fingers at anything aftermarket to blame for problems and void your factory warranty! Of course, if you pay a "diagnostic" fee they will look it over and see if you qualify for warranty service. (WTF?!?)

Old 05-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by blksnake
STAY AWAY from Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys, CA.

They will point fingers at anything aftermarket to blame for problems and void your factory warranty! Of course, if you pay a "diagnostic" fee they will look it over and see if you qualify for warranty service. (WTF?!?)
Thanks I was wondering if I should take my car there as I live right by them. Haven't heard anything good or bad about them. Mostly ok, but I don't want ok as I get great service from my current mech.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:12 PM
So I got my car back from Santa MOnica INfiniti. I used Kevin as my Service writer and I couldn't have been happier. He was able to install my philips 6000K bulbs at the same time and nicely wrapped the stock ones from the new headlights in a box. Headlights were aimed perfectly even (just a little low--but then again my car is lowered slightly). I actually did leave a huge printed note stating to specifically do this (which i recommend anyone do if they want to swap out to diff temp bulbs).

They also took care of the glove compartment TSB.... no more light showing through! <-- although I think it's still on inside

I also got a standard oil change.

I took a look around inside the service area, and it's huge. Everything looks brand new (since it is).

To top it off... I accidentally left my sunglasses in the Loaner car. Kevin went above and beyond getting those back to me the next day, even after the loaner car had been loaned out.

I may be an exception, or maybe it's just Kevin, but Santa MOnica Infiniti Service (which is located off Michigan) was top notch.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:50 AM
Holy ****... I just popped the hood and noticed that they didn't replace the oil cap!

Nevermind what I said before.... I take it all back. I'm going to have to head over there tomorrow and demand they steam clean my engine. I'm also going to ask for another oil change. There's oil everywhere... it looks like they will have to take off or replace my engine cover so they may see the spacer. I can't believe this.

I was planning a small trip this weekend... looks like i'll be taking a loaner car instead.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:10 PM
WTF replace the oil cap? Wow!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Santa Monica Infiniti