Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Front Plate ticket..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i actually wanted to use velcro on the rear plates so its easyer for me at shows to swap =P lol

then i'll be scared that ppl will steal my plates

- Eric

Old 06-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just double sided taped mine on.. no problems. went to chp office and he ddit even come outside to check my car. just took a peek over his desk and looked out the window

Old 06-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Hey question..

any cop can sign it off right? I see a cop at starbucks on my way to work every morning o.o lol

Old 06-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
^ Last I heard LA Superior Court changed their policy and now a certificate must be submitted. I'd help but you got the ticket in LA, not OC.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Yeah I got one in LA..

I just want to know if its okey to doubleside take the front plate cause if they say no its going to be a pain in the *** to undo it ._.

I think I'm going to get some L Brackets.. tickets not due til aug so I'll make the best of it =P going to drive around everywhere with my windows up haha

gotta pay to play =P the tint is np I can take off and re-do the tint..

- Eric

Old 06-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
Yeah I got one in LA..

I just want to know if its okey to doubleside take the front plate cause if they say no its going to be a pain in the *** to undo it ._.

I think I'm going to get some L Brackets.. tickets not due til aug so I'll make the best of it =P going to drive around everywhere with my windows up haha

gotta pay to play =P the tint is np I can take off and re-do the tint..

- Eric
donttt do that.. i had a tint ticket and decided im gona rull up my windows in front of a cop, since i already have a tint ticket. he pulled me over and gave me another tint and no front plate ticket! so i had 2 in 1 week

Old 06-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
you can only get cited ONCE per violation until you clear up the 1st one

So if i have a license plate and tint ticket I cannot get charged for another one until my 1st case is CLOSED.

Its like saying.. if you run a stop sign infront of two cops and they both give you a ticket for the same thing at the same time and place..

another example.. you park in 2hr parking and get a ticket every two hours.. no once you get a ticket you will not get another one for the remainder of your day (assuming you do not move your vehicle or the ticket).

So right now I cannot get another ticket for front plate and tint until aug (which i'm going to extend for another month until sept)

- Eric

Old 06-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the sake of knowing what areas to avoid if at all possible, what area of Los Angeles were these tickets issued, and what dept. issued it?

LAPD or LASD? Municipal PD?

Old 06-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fbw5595
Don't do that in CA: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc4463.htm
False Evidences and Uses of Documents, Licenses, Devices, Placards, or Plates
4463. (a) Every person who, with intent to prejudice, damage, or defraud, commits any of the following acts is guilty of a felony and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for 16 months, two or three years, or by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than one year:

(1) Alters, forges, counterfeits, or falsifies any certificate of ownership, registration card, certificate, license, license plate, device issued pursuant to Section 4853, special plate, or permit provided for by this code or any comparable certificate of ownership, registration card, certificate, license, license plate, device comparable to that issued pursuant to Section 4853, special plate, or permit provided for by any foreign jurisdiction, or alters, forges, counterfeits, or falsifies the document, device, or plate with intent to represent it as issued by the department, or alters, forges, counterfeits, or falsifies with fraudulent intent any endorsement of transfer on a certificate of ownership or other document evidencing ownership, or with fraudulent intent displays or causes or permits to be displayed or have in his or her possession any blank, incomplete, canceled, suspended, revoked, altered, forged, counterfeit, or false certificate of ownership, registration card, certificate, license, license plate, device issued pursuant to Section 4853, special plate, or permit.

As far as plate mounting: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc5201.htm

5201. License plates shall at all times be securely fastened to the vehicle for which they are issued so as to prevent the plates from swinging, shall be mounted in a position so as to be clearly visible, and shall be maintained in a condition so as to be clearly legible. The rear license plate shall be mounted not less than 12 inches nor more than 60 inches from the ground, and the front license plate shall be mounted not more than 60 inches from the ground, except as follows:
For stolen and/or lost: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc4457.htm

Stolen, Lost, or Damaged Cards and Plates
4457. If any registration card or license plate is stolen, lost, mutilated, or illegible, the owner of the vehicle for which the same was issued, as shown by the records of the department, shall immediately make application for and may, upon the applicant furnishing information satisfactory to the department, obtain a duplicate or a substitute or a new registration under a new registration number, as determined to be most advisable by the department. An application for a duplicate registration card is not required in conjunction with any other application.
Everything is here: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/vc.htm

What i'm trying to get across is that if you're gonna make an excuse... better make sure you know the law.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Front license plate.......busted!

This reminds me of an incident I went thru with a mid '80s Trans Am. I put a
high dollar body kit on and had the TA painted the brightest white I could
find (GM) Everything was painted white and it was lowered, 350 CI, 5 speed
with a Banks exhaust. This thing was a cop magnet, and so bad I got enough
tickets that our insurance company wouldn't let me drive my wife's Vet. One
of the last tickets I received before giving the car to my son was speeding,
tint and no front plate. I took the car to the CHP office to get written off
without the tint and the front plate installed with heavy duty tape. The
officer looked at the plate and asked my how it was installed and I told him.
He sent me home to do it right.....drill and screws....damn I hated doing that!

Old 06-26-2007, 03:59 PM

So if i have a license plate and tint ticket I cannot get charged for another one until my 1st case is CLOSED.

Its like saying.. if you run a stop sign infront of two cops and they both give you a ticket for the same thing at the same time and place..

another example.. you park in 2hr parking and get a ticket every two hours.. no once you get a ticket you will not get another one for the remainder of your day (assuming you do not move your vehicle or the ticket).

So right now I cannot get another ticket for front plate and tint until aug (which i'm going to extend for another month until sept)

- Eric
its different in this case since its tint and no front plate. your supposd to get them removed as soon as you get the ticket. at least thats what the cop told me. and he wrote me up again and i had to pay double

Old 06-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
lol you should've taken it to court.

you're "suppose" to get them removed at your earliest convience before the stated date.. or request a trial and take your case to court

Reason I ask if you'll get into any trouble if you claim that you LOST your plate after the ticket is because I'm not too sure where my plate is ._. I'm sure its somewhere in the house.. just have to fine it but if I some how cannot just want to know what i'll be looking at

- Eric

Old 06-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Crucial dude
Although not the same thing, I got a registration ticket last month. When I moved down here I lost my sticker somehow (???) and got a ticket for not having a current sticker on my plate. I had to get a replacement sticker from the DMV for $20 and it took about three weeks for them to send it. I would presume it's the same for a lic plate?

Old 06-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
probably.. as long as you fix it.. its pretty much what a fix it ticket is..

oh well .-.

live and learn.. pay to play =)

Old 06-26-2007, 09:14 PM

- Eric
Here in Boston if you park in 2 hr parking... you can get ticketed every two hours for not paying for parking.. Seriously, ask people in boston you can see two or more tickets if you leave your car out enough..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front Plate ticket..