Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

LA Folks Watch Your Ride

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by flipa77
day177017

have you ever picked tomatoes or fruits on a hot summer day. I bet no, illegal immigrants do jobs that you or me would do. and all that bull **** about if employer would pay more then americans would do it, it could be said about any job.

Americans are lazy, and trust me would you pay more for food. I bet no. we are bitching about gas prices, wait till prices of food goes up when their are not cheap labor anymore
I don't really have anything against immigrant workers here working in the US. Believe me, i agree that no average American would ever think about picking tomatoes or fruits on a hot summer day. That's not my argument. The USA was built from immigrants from other countries. Who am i to say that one person or another can or cannot come in? But the problem lies that in todays society (not to mention in a post 9/11 era) we have rules. We are governed by them and we follow and live by them.

I don't think i can go to a large-scale political debate with you here, but let's put it this way: Your opinion would change in a heartbeat if you had your brand new G smashed by an illegal immigrant and then you see him/her jump out of the car and start running because they didn't have a license or insurance.

Also, it's not that this new bill is against illegal immigrants... it just so happens that it affects them directly. All i know is i don't care who it is. If you don't have a license or insurance and you go about driving a car that you shouldn't be... i'm glad they're going to impound your car, because you deserve it.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the articles are saying the police are impounding cars that are driven by unlicensed drivers, not licensed drivers that are not physically carrying their license. The first one posted, the one on thenewspaper.com does say that the police will impound your car for not carry a license. If you look, the source they use is the latimes.com article that is titled "LAPD may resume impounding cars of unlicensed drivers." There probably is a fine or you have to show up to court or something if you're pulled over and not carrying your license. Am I reading these articles wrong? Nonetheless, probably a good idea to carry your license with you!

Old 09-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Cmaranan
I think the articles are saying the police are impounding cars that are driven by unlicensed drivers, not licensed drivers that are not physically carrying their license. The first one posted, the one on thenewspaper.com does say that the police will impound your car for not carry a license. If you look, the source they use is the latimes.com article that is titled "LAPD may resume impounding cars of unlicensed drivers." There probably is a fine or you have to show up to court or something if you're pulled over and not carrying your license. Am I reading these articles wrong? Nonetheless, probably a good idea to carry your license with you!
I agree, it's very likely just semantics. Not "carrying a license" could easily mean not actually having one. Makes a hell of a lot more sense, since I've never known anyone to have their car impounded for not having the physical license on them.

Though my previous comment still stands that you should never be without your license (or a copy), as that's just another way to **** off an officer, and get a couple extra fix-it tickets.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
its allll about the money
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Day177017
I don't really have anything against immigrant workers here working in the US. Believe me, i agree that no average American would ever think about picking tomatoes or fruits on a hot summer day. That's not my argument. The USA was built from immigrants from other countries. Who am i to say that one person or another can or cannot come in? But the problem lies that in todays society (not to mention in a post 9/11 era) we have rules. We are governed by them and we follow and live by them.

I don't think i can go to a large-scale political debate with you here, but let's put it this way: Your opinion would change in a heartbeat if you had your brand new G smashed by an illegal immigrant and then you see him/her jump out of the car and start running because they didn't have a license or insurance.

Also, it's not that this new bill is against illegal immigrants... it just so happens that it affects them directly. All i know is i don't care who it is. If you don't have a license or insurance and you go about driving a car that you shouldn't be... i'm glad they're going to impound your car, because you deserve it.

^ +10000000000000000000

I just saw a case of hit and "try" to run on foot lastnight. I was on my way home.. In the direction that I was traveling, the light was green. All of a sudden, baam!! this fool runs the light and slams into the car ahead of me. Immediately the guy who caused the accident jumps out of his car and tries to run away... and yes, I must say.. he looked to be an "illegal" and we all know what I mean(he didnt speak English). Luckily there were a couple of good samaritan's who grabbed the guy and held him down until the police came.

This is a law/policy that will benefit all of the people who are doing things legally.. yes, money is part of the equation and it's always going to be.. but we will benefit also with possibly less traffic, and less complications/worry when we end up getting into an accident(especially not caused by you).