Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

CHP sucks @SS!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Team Transport Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CHP sucks @SS!

I got it ticket last Monday morning 7am for following to closely... POS Prius cut me off 20 sec before I got pulled over... I sign the ticket no problem.

Today I get another ticket in the mail for no plates and tints! WTF? Its not on the copy I signed for and there was no talk about getting a ticket for that crap...

Anyone else hear of chp issueing tickets in the mail after the fact?

Old 10-16-2007, 11:58 PM
Wait til you meet some Long Beach airport cops. Crooked as they come, even threaten to add on violations. Just had my car for one day. brand new from dealership.

First, I was waiting for a car to pull away from the drop curb so I can park an unload. While I was waiting for the car come out, obviously I had my blinkers on to move and waiting for the car to move out. Car was moving out and cop BANGS on my windshield.

"You are blocking traffic!" "Roll down your window."

So I did, I told him I'm about to move into that spot.

Cop replies "No, you're parked, blocking the flow of traffic!" Like two cars behind me at this point.

I replied, I stopped because you knocked on my window!

He then told me to move into the spot that I originally intended to move in.

Now he ask me "how come you're seat belts are not on?"

I replied, "Sir, You saw me parked then took off my seatbelt" a habit of mine.

Then he goes on to tell me I was blocking traffic, (two cars behind me). I told him those cars piled up when he came to me and knocked on window!

Now he gets angry, thinking I'm trying to be smart with him. He looks around and goes, "you were Parked next to a fire hydrant"

Then, dumb move on my part, I said, "Are you kidding me? You told me to park here, you told me to stop my car right behind that suv?"

At that point he just ask for license and vehicle reg.

Since car is new, no plates, he comes back to ask me while writing me up for something, "Do you own this vehicle?" turns to his partner, check if this car if is stolen.

Anyways, ended up giving me a ticket for blocking the flow of traffic, $280. Couldn't tag on anything else. There was a whole bunch of witnesses right at the curb waiting for pick-up admitting they overheard everything and that the cop was out of line.

One bad cop doesn't mean all are, I got pulled over a year later from a chick CHP torrance speed trap, I was gunning 90+. She only wrote me down for 75, cus I was courteous. Hand on wheel, turn cabin light on, and made her feel safe.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Avo.. check the ticket number you signed for vs. the one they sent you.

Also, check the codes on the one they wrote you for.

Was it the same officer issuing the one in the mail vs. the one you signed for?