Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

****Issue with Riverside Infiniti - What can I do? ****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
****Issue with Riverside Infiniti - What can I do? ****

I have purchased 08 G35 from Riverside Inifiniti on March 8.
The day of purchase, I also purchase clear bra, security alarm, paint/leather coating. I got the loan. Down payment was over $20.000.

Anyway, the problem happen after I cancel the security alarm and paint/leather coating. (I only kept clear bra)

The finance manger told me, since those are not payed as "up front", he has to call infiniti finance to adjust my loan. He told me if I payed as "up front", he wouldn't have problem to refund money to me. He promised me to check with Infiniti about this loan adjust and call me back. He didn't call me back. When I called him, he made excuse he was too busy to call. He is BS me, even he told me he doesn't know how to make Infiniti finance to adjust my loan.

I checked the signed contract again, there is no "up front". It was just simple. "Loan amount" = "car price + add on(clear bar, alarm, coating)" - "Down pay + Trade In". Next day, I explained finance manger what I find. He changed his word. Since the contract has add on listed, the contract has to be changed.

Well, I offer him pay back entire loan amount so that he can simply refund to me. He told me that didn't help for refund process. Then Finance Director show up.
She told me, Riverside Infiniti will refund the money back to my loan account. I agreed her proposed solution. (I didn't check if the money will go to principle or not). She told the finance manger to contact Infiniti and he said he would do. Ridiculous, now he knows how to contact Infiniti to make change!

I walked out the office without any written confirmation. Now I am seriously regretting. (However, I have at least service Invoice shows I got only clear bra and canceled security alarm / paint, leather coating)

When I make appointment for clear bra/ splash guard installation with this finance manager (Since I was asking about refund, I made schedule through him), he told me there will NOT be the loaner for me since it will take total 2 hours. (Clear bra 1 hour, Splash guard 1 hour ). He told me I can get loaner only if I keep the paint/leather coating. I knew he telling me lie. I just told him, I would wait inside of dealer. (Anyway, I end up to get loaner, since it took about 4 hours). I just let it go, since I got loaner.

Now it passed 2 weeks. I have checked my loan account several times. I don't see any refund from them. I sent email to both Financial director and manager this Tuesday asking how the refund process is. None of them reply.

I feel like they are on purposely ignoring me / delaying the refund process. I think they try to make me seek and tired so end up to get "Alarm and paint/leather coat".

Even I sent email to General Manager of Riverside Infiniti 2 days ago.No respond.

I sent one more email today to finance manager and director. I plan to wait until coming Monday. If I don't hear anything and nothing happen to my loan account, what can I do?

Should I write to Inifiniti Consumer Affairs? Other than Inifiniti Consumer Affairs, anyone knows any other phone numbers to call or address to write?

Please let me know if anybody has similar experience or any suggestions.

Thanks.

Last edited by skfnxh; 03-29-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:19 AM
You are dealing with the wrong people. You should go in and ask to speak with the general manager (not the finance people). It isn't clear in your description as to when you decided to cancel the security alarm and paint/leather coating. If it was after you took delivery and signed the contract you may have a problem as they would have no legal obligation to allow you to cancel these items. If it was prior to taking delivery and signing the contract you would be within your legal rights; however, it begs the question of why you signed the contract. If it was before you took delivery but after you signed the contract you are in the grey area where you don't have any real legal recourse but the dealer wanting to maintain good will can cancel the contract and write a new one. Once the contract has been submitted only a cancellation and new contract can change the contract amount. The only alternative is to have the dealer refund you the cash amount of the items you know longer want. This is probably your best option now and the general manager can make that happen.

In California there is no cooling off period so in the future, you should be sure before you sign a contract and accept a vehicle and do not sign the form that says you have received everything and everything is OK until you are satisfied.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:26 AM
pfft name the states that have a cooling off period. I have as yet to find one! barjohn gave you good advice! Finance is usually the worst dept in all dealerships...IMHO

Old 03-29-2008, 10:42 AM
ckp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
first off I can't understand a word you are saying. No offense if you are from another country, which I am. But you really should rewrite your post.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Just a quick short story and a note on how to deal with dealers/people. I purchased my vehicle from Riverside Infinity about 3 weeks ago. It is a G35x.

As I explained in another post (search for my posts if you are interested), I negotiated a good deal but I left a little money on the table and subtly let the salesman know that I knew I was leaving a little money on the table. Win-win deals can lead to better treatment if you anticipate a long term relationship. (Some posters here thought I was nuts)

The salesman noted that the vehicle had had the wheels changed for some reason but he wasn't sure why. It turned out the car had the 18" sport tire package. I didn't realize that it had the $400 optional wheels until I got home (I hadn't been charged for them). Then, when I checked closely I realized it had the staggered wheel/tires from the standard G. I queried members on this forum and I went back and asked the sales manger and service whether this might create a problem. The answer I got from the sales manage is that he would check with Infiniti but no one seemed to be certain.

The consensus here was not to run with staggered wheels. The dealer was wiling to put the original 17" wheel/tire package but I wanted to stay with the 18" wheels. I wrote them a nice email saying that I wanted a pair of the 18" front wheels that matched those on my vehicle put on the back and I reminded them that I had left a little money on the table and I pointed out how they could get Infiniti to help. Long story short, they did exactly what I asked for. I am a happy customer and they have a sale. Sometimes it is in how you ask that determines the results you get.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:13 AM
So what can you only read "proper english"? It's not that bad and I get what they are saying. Besides I've seen worse, Haven't you?
You did good barjohn! But why do you need an X in cali?? For the rainstorms?...j/k!

Old 03-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by ckp
first off I can't understand a word you are saying. No offense if you are from another country, which I am. But you really should rewrite your post.
Well, If my post isn't clear, here is short version.

1. When I purchase the car, I also purchased the clear bra, Security alarm and paint/leather coating.

2. I canceled the security alarm and paint/leather coating. Finance person promise me to refund the money for canceled options. (It wasn't documented)

3. So far, they didn't refund the money, nor answer me.

I hope this make it clear.

Old 03-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by barjohn
You are dealing with the wrong people. You should go in and ask to speak with the general manager (not the finance people). It isn't clear in your description as to when you decided to cancel the security alarm and paint/leather coating. If it was after you took delivery and signed the contract you may have a problem as they would have no legal obligation to allow you to cancel these items. If it was prior to taking delivery and signing the contract you would be within your legal rights; however, it begs the question of why you signed the contract. If it was before you took delivery but after you signed the contract you are in the grey area where you don't have any real legal recourse but the dealer wanting to maintain good will can cancel the contract and write a new one. Once the contract has been submitted only a cancellation and new contract can change the contract amount. The only alternative is to have the dealer refund you the cash amount of the items you know longer want. This is probably your best option now and the general manager can make that happen.

In California there is no cooling off period so in the future, you should be sure before you sign a contract and accept a vehicle and do not sign the form that says you have received everything and everything is OK until you are satisfied.

Thanks for reply.

The added items are in the contract and I signed it. However, I canceled it before the added items got installed my car. (When I canceled it, the installation wasn't scheduled yet).

Finance person DID allow to cancel. Promised me to refund the amount. I have Service Invoice shows I got clear bra installed and canceled other items.

The problem is they are not refunding the money to me. (They are not answering me either)

Do you think General manager can help?

Last edited by skfnxh; 03-29-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
You can try the GM. If that doesnt work, start doing some foot work. Start looking for an attorney, getting information about loans, etc. The biggest thing going for you, imho, is that you have the Service Invoice saying those items were not installed. Combine that with your sales contract that shows you were charged for it and I think that says your owed money for services not performed. If you have anything that has a date for when those items were to be installed or that no appoinment dates were set, even better.

Old 03-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by TBG_Dad
You can try the GM. If that doesnt work, start doing some foot work. Start looking for an attorney, getting information about loans, etc. The biggest thing going for you, imho, is that you have the Service Invoice saying those items were not installed. Combine that with your sales contract that shows you were charged for it and I think that says your owed money for services not performed. If you have anything that has a date for when those items were to be installed or that no appoinment dates were set, even better.

Thanks.

I have sent email and paper mail to general manager. I don't get any answer yet. I believe GM will receive paper mail today at most. (Maybe, he got it yesterday)

I think I will wait until Monday before take any further action.

Old 03-29-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Hotnikks
So what can you only read "proper english"? It's not that bad and I get what they are saying. Besides I've seen worse, Haven't you?
You did good barjohn! But why do you need an X in cali?? For the rainstorms?...j/k!
If I only understood "proper english", I wouldn't understand over 75% of America's population, and that includes those born in the U.S.

Old 03-29-2008, 02:52 PM
stand at the dealership's front door and ask people going in and out, "did they cheat you too?"

bet someone will pay attention to you

Old 03-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cmon art be nice lol dont get the poor fella arrested for tresspassing and deported lol

Old 03-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by jdanielsg
cmon art be nice lol dont get the poor fella arrested for tresspassing and deported lol
Come on, I am just asking some suggestion or help.
Please don't make fun of situation.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:42 PM
It worked for me to resolve a dispute with a Chrysler dealer some years ago.
As a customer at a public place of business, I wasn't tresspassing. I wasn't yelling and screaming.

Be polite and reasonable at all times.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ****Issue with Riverside Infiniti - What can I do? ****