Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

So, I got a REFEREE ticket!! =(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, I got a REFEREE ticket!! =(

OK, long story short, I now have a referee ticket. I have a lot of questions for those of you that have ever been sent to referee... First off, the only mods I have that are in question are my Injen CAI, DC headers and HKS exhaust.

Are any of these legal that I can just leave on? On the Injen website, it says the CAI has an EO#, but there is no sticker on my intake... The DC headers, I am not sure if there is an EO# for that or not. And for the exhaust, I'm pretty sure it doesn't have it, but as long as its under 92db, will I be ok?

Also, I live in San Gabriel, and there are 3 referee stations nearby. Monetery Park, Downtown LA, and Whittier. Has anyone gone to any of these, will any of them be more lenient than others?

Any input or help would be greatly appreciated... thanks in advance!

Old 05-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
You can leave the HKS exhaust on.

If the i/h are not CARB approved, then they're coming off...

Old 05-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts
I had a ref ticket when I had my boosted Type R, I didn't bring it to the ref station but instead paid the $380 or was it $450 citiation they will send. But you can only pay twice and if you got a third ref ticket you have to bring it in.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
what did they actually write you up for?

Old 05-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
What a joke! The cops are handing these ref tickets out like they are candy now.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
i thought all DC headers are carb legal

and i believe you can leave the exhaust on since its after the cat just get the db's checked

donno about the intake

Old 05-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by GReddySetGO
Also, I live in San Gabriel, and there are 3 referee stations nearby. Monetery Park, Downtown LA, and Whittier. Has anyone gone to any of these, will any of them be more lenient than others?

Any input or help would be greatly appreciated... thanks in advance!
I never heard the term Referee ticket but I have heard of a fixit ticket which I assume you've received? I got a fixit ticket for not having a front license plate and have realized that the best thing to do is NOT go to the central station in Downtown L.A. They charge you a grip and sometimes its a b!tch to get there due to the parking situation.

On fixit tickets, only CHP and the Sheriff's department can sign them off. Or at least it used to be two years ago when I was in L.A. LAPD cannot do it. So what I would do is go to the CHP station in downtown LA put my Stillen front license plate on and get some senior CHP volunteer to sign it off and pay $10.

If I were you and since you live in San Gabriel, I would probably go to the CHP or is it Sheriff's department . . . I think it's the Sheriffs department off of the 710/10 interchange south of Cal State LA. They could probably sign it off for you if you comply and not charge you the extra fees that those central sign off stations do.

Now ask somebody else what is carb legal and what is not. I have DC headers too and am curious. Of course, I got a Fujitsubo exhaust specifically to keep the noise level down. I once had an HKS for a little while and when combined with the MREV, headers, and intake . . . my girl was LOUD! Too loud for my taste. Sweet looking exhaust though.

But wouldn't the intake be the easiest thing to change? And the headers are so hard to see.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
DC headers come w/a CARB sticker, sucks if ur intallers didn't put it in. look around under ur hood, it might be there. if not lemme know & i'll send ya the numbers off mine. as for ur intake, a lot of companies say thay have CARB #'s for certain apps. hopefully urs is one of them. check this web site out to see if it's there>>>

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...rmktdevice.php

Old 05-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
gamma-This is different from a fix it ticket. If you get a ref ticket, you have to go to a referee station where your car will be visually inspected and probably have to pass the sniffer. This is the main reason why I went with a Vortech as opposed to TT. Only a ref can sign off this kind of ticket.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:14 PM
^Thanks for the link. I was able to find and print the EO for my intake. I did not however find the one for DC headers. There is no headers/exhaust manifold category that I could see. If you could please provide me with your EO#, so that I can search it.

I plan to bring all this stuff with me to referee.

As for the exhaust, so as long as its after the cats and is lower then 92db, I should be safe?

Old 05-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
so glad florida doesnt do this =)

Old 05-05-2008, 02:15 PM
And yes, this is not a fix-it ticket. I am familiar with those, I wish I was so fortunate to get that instead...

Old 05-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Oh, and as for the sticker that is supposed to come with my DC headers, I did the install myself and I don't remember getting any sticker with it...

Old 05-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Gammawolf
I never heard the term Referee ticket but I have heard of a fixit ticket which I assume you've received? I got a fixit ticket for not having a front license plate and have realized that the best thing to do is NOT go to the central station in Downtown L.A. They charge you a grip and sometimes its a b!tch to get there due to the parking situation.

On fixit tickets, only CHP and the Sheriff's department can sign them off. Or at least it used to be two years ago when I was in L.A. LAPD cannot do it. So what I would do is go to the CHP station in downtown LA put my Stillen front license plate on and get some senior CHP volunteer to sign it off and pay $10.

If I were you and since you live in San Gabriel, I would probably go to the CHP or is it Sheriff's department . . . I think it's the Sheriffs department off of the 710/10 interchange south of Cal State LA. They could probably sign it off for you if you comply and not charge you the extra fees that those central sign off stations do.

Now ask somebody else what is carb legal and what is not. I have DC headers too and am curious. Of course, I got a Fujitsubo exhaust specifically to keep the noise level down. I once had an HKS for a little while and when combined with the MREV, headers, and intake . . . my girl was LOUD! Too loud for my taste. Sweet looking exhaust though.

But wouldn't the intake be the easiest thing to change? And the headers are so hard to see.
I really doubt it's a fix it ticket.

OP, this thread might be of some help to you. Iuno.

https://g35driver.com/forums/southern-california/188572-state-referee.html

Old 05-05-2008, 02:26 PM
i actually got a sticker when i got my headers, think you should of gotten one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So, I got a REFEREE ticket!! =(