Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Any Sprint/Blackberry Phone Users?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 12:57 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Any Sprint/Blackberry Phone Users?

I have the instinct, like the nav on it........Voice mails are cool also........

Thinking of changing to a blackberry for bussiness but need feed back:

Let me know what you have pros and cons..........also anything new.......

I would go to sprint but there just gona tell me there all great.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G2FAST
I have the instinct, like the nav on it........Voice mails are cool also........
Thinking of changing to a blackberry for bussiness but need feed back:
Let me know what you have pros and cons..........also anything new.......
I would go to sprint but there just gona tell me there all great.
I have the Blackberry curve and i love it. My roommate has the instinct and he like's it but the blackberry's color and simplicity is so nice. Also, it has so many god damn things on it you can spend a hour just playing with the phone. It does have a little bit of a learning curve but once you get it you wont regret it. Also BBM (blackberry messaging) is really cool. And sprint offers the 99$ unlimited everything which is prolly the best deal out their.

If you want some more info just pm me, i could talk all day lol.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:12 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts
BBFTW...If I get the Bold, I'll sell you my Curve CHEAP

Old 01-31-2009, 10:03 AM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I had the Treo 650p through Sprint and the internet was sloooooooow. I upgraded to the BB Curve a few weeks ago and with the BB data plan it's much, much faster. I love this phone. I'm ready for the Blackberry Apps store to open, hopefully it will be close to the Apple store in content and price. I was paying $15 a month for the data plan for the Treo, now I'm paying $30 for the BB data plan, but that includes unlimited data and texting. So for $15 more a month I get a data plan that is actually usefull and unlimited text messages. It's well spent if you ask me.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:24 PM
iphone unlocked and jailbroken with tzone 5.99 plan and FREE APPS ftw!

Old 01-31-2009, 09:04 PM
Wait for the palm PRE!!!!! its coming out for sprint

Old 01-31-2009, 09:52 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
How is the nav on these phones? i need it when driving to bids.....

Old 01-31-2009, 11:40 PM
i love my sprint BB curve, i'll never go anywhere without it.
theres a google maps application for BB's i use for nav/directions, works amazing!

Old 02-01-2009, 12:42 AM
tmobile is getting the Blackberry curve 8900. similar look to the bold but smaller and sexier. sean, you should wait for that instead of getting the bold. same os built. just smaller. comes out feb 11th.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:08 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts
^I am on ATT

Old 02-01-2009, 02:21 AM
ooo. nvm then unless you have someone unlock it for att. i want the sony xperia x1 but too overpriced for a phone. 800$ but with my discount at best buy 700$ still pricey

Old 02-01-2009, 05:10 PM
I have had SPRINT for over 6 years now. No problems with network. Fast connection, and the customer service is friendly and helpful (been a while since I needed to call, but whenever I called, they'd hook it up with some free stuff or nice discounts)
I've used a PDA for a while (the 6700) and would connect it to my laptop and use the sprint network for internet. It's like having a wireless DSL line =D ... I haven't tried the blackberry or instinct yet, but I heard alot of good comments on both of them..
I also heard the down side of the new blackberry is that all the menus are still based on the older black berry design(the wheel) and thus takes longer to get to the same spot vs instinct.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well Josh. As you know, I have the INSTINCT and my wife has the Curve from Sprint. I was able to help get her used to it since I've had a Blackberry from Verizon for the last 3-4 years. They have their plus' and are great because they're Sprint. My wife has had no problems with the BB and sometimes gets a quicker response through our services than the INSTINCT. It has the NAV just like the INSTINCT and everything is just as good (would never say better since I have the INSTINCT) as my phone. Now that I have the STORM through work, I have the best of both worlds. Both 3G and as funny as it sounds, both phones kicked into international mode while at the inauguration. I guess because of all the traffic. You know, you can send PIN text messages through he BB's as well? We used that to communicate while at the inauguration as well, even with my Verizon to my wife's Sprint. Worked great when you couldn't make a voice call.

Later & good luck,

Ray

Old 02-02-2009, 02:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sprint Jams!!! I have a different view of their customer service. I have never been happy with them. But then again, I have only called them when there is a problem. But as said, that isn't very often. I think it was two years ago I last called.

I am in charge of a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) for work. I use my 8703 (will probably go ahead and get the Sprint Bold version). When we started with Blackberries, I went ahead and jumped Sprint's ship and went to T-mobile. Their customer service is the nicest (if you get their Canadian people). They are very polite. And they usually actually do what they tell you they will do. I had to leave T-Mobile. I had terrible reception at home and could not stand the awful sound through every speaker around (I don't know how the T-mobile and AT&T people do that). I mean, can you set up a grounding system for their Network? AT&T has been awful since we switched to them last year. Many haven't understood their network at all. When I call the next person to ask for a certain plan, they don't even know they offer that service (ability to roam internationally for data only). I call and ask for stuff. I get the OK. The next bill reflects no change. Just been a nightmare. And that doesn't even address completely swapping out their account managers, leaving someone brand new to help us with what was promised and never given.

So, we were talking about Sprint - I love my phone (It was the last new model with the scroll wheel. I have used curves and various models. I want to get one with the pearl instead, although mine is so nice I am not in a huge hurry. The internet is OK. It is still too long to wait. I have used it to tether (use as a modem for their network). It worked well and really came in handy when I was in big bear with no other internet. The network has been very reliable. I did have that one issue a couple years ago. It was weird how I lost connection to the network. People had very conflicting reasons as to why. Some told me there were issues with a tower. When I called back, they had no idea what the first person was talking about. It was only really bad for me because my Blackberry addiction was already in full gear at that point.

I have only used the NAV as a gimmick with it. I had a portable nav for real use, and now have Infiniti OEM Nav.

I use both business and personal email with it.

I don't really have any cons. Oh, but I do recommend a full keyboard. I had one that was the smaller form factor that looked more like a phone. I hated typing. I can type pretty quickly on the real keyboard.

Good Luck,

Dave