Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

some people are just stupid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 06:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some people are just stupid

here is the story, I had my ARC Diff cooler for sale and some guy from my350z was interested. I agreed to meet up with him and decided to meet him at his house. as we were going through all the parts, we both noticed some parts were missing. this was brand new ARC parts that came from Mackin, so I called the guy that sold me this and he told me who he talk to at Mackin. so we call him, and found out that I'm assed out with the missing parts and I have to source the parts myself. even the buyer talks to the guy from mackin. so after that phone call, I agreed to lower the price so he can buy the missing parts. well after 3 weeks, he decide to speak up on my350z and calls me a scam, fat, etc etc etc. here is the link. http://my350z.com/forum/drivetrain/4...ml#post7109364
his screen name is rickdogg.

if you look through, I didn't know calvin was the administrator and he's claiming that I had him removed some of the threads and calling People on G35driver shady. it starts from post #4 and just goes on and on and on.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:02 AM
Exclamation

Lets not cut out the details Hirofumi. I have 153 itrader ratings on my350z.com and almost 9,000 posts alone as of today. I'm definitely not there to scam anyone.

I'm saying this now because there are too many scammers on this forum as of late. I think it is a fair warning for others especially if you are willing to do this on an item this expensive.

Lets go over the facts here. You first stated in your classified ad that this is this kit is brand new and you just opened it to check if everything was there and never used. This misleading description indirectly states that everything is there.

(1): I was warned by a friend that works at Mackin that some of the parts may be missing according to your pictures, however they weren't sure.
(2): When we exchanged pm's negotiating price everything seemed normal up until this point.

Originally Posted by whiteg35
thats fine. just send me the money to paypal at *******@aol.com I can have it shipped to you.
Who in their right mind would ship an item of this magnitude when they are local and live approximately 10 minutes away?

I'd like to pay in person to make sure that every piece is there. I am just being cautious because you have 11 posts and no itrader rating at all. Please call me to set something up. Or what number can you be reached at?

Thanks,
Rick
***.***.****
You arrived at my house and as we were pulling the parts out, I noticed that the bag that contained the ARC instruction manual had been already opened meaning someone had already looked at the instructions. Having experience with other ARC products before, I knew that there would be a parts list that ARC states that this item should come with.

Luckily my gf is native Japanese, so she could have translated what exactly each and every line said. Thankfully, after I mentioned this you were very helpful in translating the manual since you know Japanese. Of course as we go down the parts list, a decent amount of parts were missing as the rep at Mackin had expected. It's really hard to believe that someone that can read Japanese with an open instruction manual would not know parts were missing from the kit.

I was also warned that this differential cooler was supposed to be installed on a SEMA demo car that never panned out (Price apparently was only $750, and not $2,200). Seeing the confirmation of the missing parts and the story sounding very real. I immediately had you call Bobby at Bavarian who originally was the vendor that purchased this kit for you from Mackin to dig up an invoice or purchase order number so I could call Mackin directly to see if the missing parts were coming from Japan. Both Mackin and Bavarian confirmed that they knew parts were missing from the kit, so I find it very hard for you as the customer that purchased this kit for apparently $2,200 did not know of those facts especially with the instruction manual already opened. It logically makes sense why you offered to initially ship the item doesn't it?

I just wrote up that quick contract to protect myself just in case the parts that were present were faulty and not functional as well. Like I said above, i'm not saying I had a negative transaction with you, but I was giving a warning to others on this site to be careful. Given the order of events of how things transpired, I think that is a fair assessment knowing that you are parting out your car and moving on to the M5.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by Rickdogg
Lets not cut out the details Hirofumi. I have 153 itrader ratings on my350z.com and almost 9,000 posts alone as of today. I'm definitely not there to scam anyone.

I'm saying this now because there are too many scammers on this forum as of late. I think it is a fair warning for others especially if you are willing to do this on an item this expensive.

Lets go over the facts here. You first stated in your classified ad that this is this kit is brand new and you just opened it to check if everything was there and never used. This misleading description indirectly states that everything is there.

(1): I was warned by a friend that works at Mackin that some of the parts may be missing according to your pictures, however they weren't sure.
(2): When we exchanged pm's negotiating price everything seemed normal up until this point.

Who in their right mind would ship an item of this magnitude when they are local and live approximately 10 minutes away?

You arrived at my house and as we were pulling the parts out, I noticed that the bag that contained the ARC instruction manual had been already opened meaning someone had already looked at the instructions. Having experience with other ARC products before, I knew that there would be a parts list that ARC states that this item should come with.

Luckily my gf is native Japanese, so she could have translated what exactly each and every line said. Thankfully, after I mentioned this you were very helpful in translating the manual since you know Japanese. Of course as we go down the parts list, a decent amount of parts were missing as the rep at Mackin had expected. It's really hard to believe that someone that can read Japanese with an open instruction manual would not know parts were missing from the kit.

I was also warned that this differential cooler was supposed to be installed on a SEMA demo car that never panned out (Price apparently was only $750, and not $2,200). Seeing the confirmation of the missing parts and the story sounding very real. I immediately had you call Bobby at Bavarian who originally was the vendor that purchased this kit for you from Mackin to dig up an invoice or purchase order number so I could call Mackin directly to see if the missing parts were coming from Japan. Both Mackin and Bavarian confirmed that they knew parts were missing from the kit, so I find it very hard for you as the customer that purchased this kit for apparently $2,200 did not know of those facts especially with the instruction manual already opened. It logically makes sense why you offered to initially ship the item doesn't it?

I just wrote up that quick contract to protect myself just in case the parts that were present were faulty and not functional as well. Like I said above, i'm not saying I had a negative transaction with you, but I was giving a warning to others on this site to be careful. Given the order of events of how things transpired, I think that is a fair assessment knowing that you are parting out your car and moving on to the M5.
I wish you can understand the part that I didn't know that there was missing parts. if I knew the parts were missing I would told you and posted on the thread. I wasn't too happy about the comments that you made. I am sorry that parts were missing and you weren't happy with it. I don't know how I deserve to hear you calling me names.

and I'm not selling my car yet. I told you that. I'm having the car re built to get more power and keeping the car to enjoy. I'm not selling everything and going disappear.

if you didn't have negative experience with me then why did you post and say like I'm going to steal the money and run?

Last edited by WhiteG35C; 03-23-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:03 AM
wow, if rickdogg said he didn't have any negative transaction with me and funny thing is he's posting this all over the place. saying that I'm the thief. still wondering if he thought the ARC diff cooler wasn't new, why did he still buy it and why did it take him 3 weeks to speak up and raise hell on me like this. maybe he had a bad day or something.
http://my350z.com/forum/2003-2008-ni...g35driver.html
https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/...y350z-com.html

Old 03-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
i say give him his stuff back and call it a day ! no biggie just some bitchin if you ask me !

Old 03-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
darn internet explorer...
so what's the end result? hope this got straightened out.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Rickdogg, why don't you just return the stuff you bought from him? Like you said, you guys only live like 10 miles away... what's the big deal here???

Just take them back and get your money. Simple as is.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
g35driver shady , wtf ?! damn tree fiddys :P

Old 03-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Well, Rickdogg is famous and been around with the veterans of my350z for a while, and we all know how much they hate people with little posts and no itrader stepping in, or people with lack of info and knowledge. It's just forum politics, if you dont understand you're still a noob.

I know Rickdogg personally, and he's cool as fvck, wouldn't scam anyone. He's a hardcore enthusiast and last thing he'll do is rip someone off. JDM 420 FTW. But I could also see both sides, hopefully you guys could resolve this issue.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
All in all... i can see the whole shipping thing... I know WhiteG35C personally, but this guy is so damn busy that i never get to see him. So the shipping thing could be based on time... You both are very well respected in the Nissan/Infiniti community... Obviously WhiteG35C had received a product from Mackin that was missing parts, and not realizing this until after the fact... What i would do is return the parts and return the money, and go after Mackin and fight to get these missing parts! Lets try to settle this on a professional stand point and try to keep things positive...

Old 03-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by HYDROERIC2003
i say give him his stuff back and call it a day ! no biggie just some bitchin if you ask me !
Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
Rickdogg, why don't you just return the stuff you bought from him? Like you said, you guys only live like 10 miles away... what's the big deal here???

Just take them back and get your money. Simple as is.
Originally Posted by Hotdawwgman
All in all... i can see the whole shipping thing... I know WhiteG35C personally, but this guy is so damn busy that i never get to see him. So the shipping thing could be based on time... You both are very well respected in the Nissan/Infiniti community... Obviously WhiteG35C had received a product from Mackin that was missing parts, and not realizing this until after the fact... What i would do is return the parts and return the money, and go after Mackin and fight to get these missing parts! Lets try to settle this on a professional stand point and try to keep things positive...
well the funny thing is he already started to install it. like anyone else, if its once installed I'm not taking it back. and he knew it from beginning that some of the parts were missing and he made contract based on that where we both signed 3 weeks ago. and all the sudden he started to bitch about it and I thought more parts were missing and when I read it, he just posted everywhere I post and basically saying that I'm a thief.

Last edited by WhiteG35C; 03-23-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Oh... I didnt know this.... If he knew that there were parts missing, why did he try to install it!

Old 03-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
Well, Rickdogg is famous and been around with the veterans of my350z for a while, and we all know how much they hate people with little posts and no itrader stepping in, or people with lack of info and knowledge. It's just forum politics, if you dont understand you're still a noob.

I know Rickdogg personally, and he's cool as fvck, wouldn't scam anyone. He's a hardcore enthusiast and last thing he'll do is rip someone off. JDM 420 FTW. But I could also see both sides, hopefully you guys could resolve this issue.
yeah I know thats what it is, I been on this forum since 2003 but I just rarely post. I know he's been around and I thought he was cool too since after I sold him the diff cooler, we were talking. I didn't know he would turn that around and basically talking crap about it and name calling and etc.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Well, if you guys signed a contract showing both of you agreeing with the missing parts and reduced price... why not try to post it up here and let everyone see?

Old 03-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Hotdawwgman
Oh... I didnt know this.... If he knew that there were parts missing, why did he try to install it!
yeah, I found out when we both went over the parts. I even called the guy who got me this kit and called Mackin too. Macking basically told me they knew about it and supposedly the guy who sold me knew about it but I didn't. and whats more f-ed up part is that mackin basically said they are not going to get me the missing parts. thats when I agreed to lower the price so rickdogg can find the parts with money that he saved. and Rickdogg made a contract where he listed all the missing parts, and price he paid for.

that was 3 weeks ago, and if you look at the links the I listed from my350z, he started to bitch about it yesterday. but since he already started to install it knowing there is missing parts, so I don't know what kind of shape its in. and name calling didn't help either where he started to act like immature kid.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: some people are just stupid