Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Giving away the G...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 12:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i say let him give it away....statistics dont really matter to the OP as he has full trust in his nephew....now lets see whethere his nephew WILL become a statistic or be the exception...

powerwise, overall car...its REALLLy nice for a 16yr old to have..then again...
depends where this 16yr old lives, or the OP for that matter. if their lifestyle is UPPER class rich, then a G is in fact to them equal to a civic.LOL....

Old 07-02-2009, 01:00 AM
hey guys
I'm a 16yr old and I think that, considering an '04 coupe could be had for roughly the same a a slightly used civic, the G35 is a great car for a new driver. Admittedly, it is a lot of RWD power and you do have to be careful, but it's super comfortable and one of the best-handling cars I've ever driven (my sedan has the sport pack, i cant vouch for the coupe, but I'm sure it's pretty great)
It's really a driver's car in that it has close to 300hp and yet, unlike a true-blood sports car, it has (four) comfortable leather seats and a huge trunk
Sounds like a great car and i'm sure the nephew will be very appreciative

Old 07-21-2009, 02:48 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
man i say give him the G.. my first car was a 91 300ZX that thing hauled asssssss i loved it and it was AT... i spun out in that thing so many times.. i learned car control untill i was able to maintain a drift on it.. lol.. when it rained atleast.. after that i had an SC400 that thing was slow.. heavy.. but very comfortable.. reason i got it was because the 300ZX abandoned me far far away from home.. i was 16 when i crashed my 1970 mustang Fastback.. i learned what Raw power felt like at 85mph on a regular street with speed bumps felt.. then crashed into two cars.. one totaled.. the other had broken engine mounts... the mustang survived and is still being restored..

truth be told.. when your young you want to fvck around and be cool and say hey.. bet my car is faster than yours.. lol.. or maybe that was just me.. but still adrenaline is something amazing and something thats dangerous.. i have worked since i was 12.. and know i got what i deserved.. but still.. the first time i drove the G now at 22 i was like ohh shiet.. i can rape hondas left and right with this thing.. SWEET!!!!!!!!!!... first thing i did was hit 120 on the freeway.. then went home.. before the car was even registered or anything.. sometimes no matter how level minded a person is you can still do dumb shiet.. i try harder everyday to not be so retarded.. maybe your nephew is chill and knows when and where to do what.. but.... its a temptation he will have at his finger tips.. and it will all start with.. i wonder if this thing can burn out.. lol..

if you want to give it to him go ahead... but make sure you keep a leash of him.. and talk to him when he starts driving ask him how he feels the car or how much he likes it.. a simple question can give you many answers.. from.. its really fast from the take off to.. it hugs the corners really nice when you go fast.... or he uncle i just spanked a XXXXX on my way here..

i guess all i can say is.. we all go through that stage.. some of us dont.. but i can say most of us do.. one way or another..

i was going to give my 16yr old cuzn a sr20 S13 for his Bday.. lol.. its not a G but.. boost is boost.. and the G makes close to 300hp.. this thing was making close to 440whp.. but.. seller didnt take my offer so.. o well.. and i trust he would mess around with it.. but more the fear of him messing up on it.. and crashing or something for dumb reasons..

if he holds you in high regards he will take good care of it and he will appreciate the G.. i say you give it to him.. i would...

Old 07-21-2009, 05:47 AM
Please don't give a 16 year old kid a performance vehicle that deserves to be taken care of... Especially since it'd be his first car. Unless you think he or his parents can afford the maintenance, insurance, and overall upkeep on a G coupe... Including the cost when he totals it.

Last edited by ZexGX; 07-21-2009 at 05:52 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
im 17, i drove a beat up old 95 mirage for the first 6 months of licience (originally suppose to be til my 17th bday) and then at a red light when i was stopped i got rear ended into the middle of the intersection and then t-boned by a honda accord, since the accident wasn't my fault my mom said she would buy me a car for a reasonable price and thats when i got my 05 6mt g35 coupe off craigslist (14k w/ 52k miles) i think a 16 yr old can handle a g35 ill admit ive gotten a few speeding tickets but thats my fault not the cars

Old 07-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
and no the dont lease GTRs because ppl would abuse them for 2 years and return them
they lease them here in va, 12k down and 1200 a month for 2 years

Old 07-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Well, I took the plunge and leased a 2009 Touareg 2! This SUV is simply WAYYY more fun than driving the G lol. The V8 is crazy. I've been screwing around with the air suspension a lot, I hope I don't break it.

I got an awesome deal. Leased it for 2 years and I'm paying 644 a month. With the deal I made with my job, I'm paying out of pocket is only 375. They pay the difference.

The G is going in for a paint job on Tuesday. Going to get the breaks done (new discs, and pads). Differential oil is going to be changed. Kind of like a mini tune up. I have to get a car cover for it. I haven't driven it in a while, and I think the car collected over 40 bird craps on it. (My mom counted the other day)