Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Rant: CHP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 12:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E_K - that sucks....

It is the best reason of all to keep a camera in the car, even a digital still cam that does the semi-weak mpgs.... cause getting a video of that would be priceless.

I hope you at least got the car id number to include (with date and time) in th complaint.

By the way, I didn't know you were a doc... very nice.
As far as you being non threatening.... those of us who have seen you polish jobs, projector lamps, etc.... we are scared as hell of you

Old 04-30-2005, 01:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to LA, where citizens aren't the only ones expressing road rage. Musta been Rampart Division.

Old 04-30-2005, 04:30 AM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow, this was a long time ago.

I actually do carry a digitial camera in my car at all times. I have thought about the idea of recording a movie of this incident, but he probably would have freaked the minute I started to reach for the cubby hole. Next thing you know, I end up on eyewitness news as a case of police brutality.

One time on the 105 this driver in another car kept cutting me off and trying and purposely block me. I started taking pics with my camera. Once he saw the flashes, he stopped his antics and took off. I still have those pics somewhere with his license plate.

My most recent run in with the CHP was at the Southbay office to sign off on a damn front plate ticket. It was the first time that I had been there. There are about 3 spots on the right in the parking lot when you first enter for fix it violation inspections. By the time I realized those spaces where there, I was more than halfway past them. Since I didn't want to back up into the main street, I just backed the car into a spot.

Well those CHP "professionals" started yelling at me asking why would I back the car into the space when I needed the front plate checked. (They couldn't see the front of the car while still sitting in their little area). I explained that I didn't want to back the car onto a busy street. The guy just stared at me. So I just stared back. Then they yelled at me for drilling two small holes in the plate to secure it. I bought an extra tow hook cover and secured the plate onto that with 2 bolts/nuts. The only good thing was that they didn't charge me anything to sign off on it.