Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Dyno Day: 2.19.2005

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DOHCtor_Dan
can do videos too dave? i've given dizz all my pictures and videos of the day. there's a couple of long videos that might take up quite a bit of space

What's the file size's?

Thanks

Old 02-21-2005, 06:04 PM
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...119#post451119

However, Page one w/spacer run is missing.

Old 02-21-2005, 08:30 PM
I think it was a f-up on the dyno operators part. The dyno is prob. calibrated to a lot higher torque rating. What is the point of a dyno that reads imporoper hp and torque numbers? Im sure it is accurate as far as repeatability goes, but it was probably just poor setup.

Old 02-21-2005, 11:25 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by GXCLUSIV
Randy,
Any Turbo G's showed up for Dyno?
The VORTECH G's represented!

SC'ed G's : 2
TT G's: 0

Hopefully they will show up to the G day event!

Old 02-21-2005, 11:30 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by USDM V35
FYI
I posted some pics from dyno day on my site. WWW.JDMV35.COM
I also didn't get the names of the last 3 cars. Let me know so I can fill
in the blank's

Thanks
David G
Yeah Dave, your GF Donna gets the GF of the year award! My wife would of never satyed there all day and she was about to bust swintz up side the head when he roasted your clutch. When she went for a ride in my G, she said she felt like she was in yours. Damn, they are practcally the same! You should posts THAT vid and show the G community how NOT to shift a G.

Last edited by GlenRoseFireFighter; 02-21-2005 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by Randys_G
Yeah Dave, your GF Donna gets the GF of the year award! My wife would of never satyed there all day and she was about to bust swintz up side the head when he roasted your clutch. When she went for a ride in my G, she said she felt like she was in yours. Damn, they are practcally the same! You should posts THAT vid and show the G community how NOT to shift a G.

Hahah...If I post that video of the dyno guy burning up my clutch I should get the
"Oh poor guy award"

David G

Old 02-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Sorry to hear about ur clutch USDM. Has anyone posted all the numbers? What was the highest N/A G?

Old 02-22-2005, 12:36 PM
Here are my numbers.
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...050#post452050

I believe Nuttyprof(pat) and Dsskyline(derek) has the highest N/A numbers.

Old 02-22-2005, 01:06 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by Rever
Sorry to hear about ur clutch USDM. Has anyone posted all the numbers? What was the highest N/A G?
Yeah, but Rub, you can't copare the numbers in that event to anything that comes out of Churches camp. Mustang dynos show LOOWWWWW numbers.

Old 02-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Yeah, but Rub, you can't copare the numbers in that event to anything that comes out of Churches camp. Mustang dynos show LOOWWWWW numbers.

Yeah I really think we need a dyno day over at churches. I really like the way he treated my G. Let see if it's possible to set another one up.

David G

Old 02-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
David, do you want the roasted clutch vid? I showed it to my friend he was like WTF especially when it seemed like it wasn't going anywhere!!! He thought it was gone completely as did your girl. Did you air out your ride yet?

Old 02-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by USDM V35

Yeah I really think we need a dyno day over at churches. I really like the way he treated my G. Let see if it's possible to set another one up.
David G
True Dave. I get a much better feeling from Shawn. He knows WTF he's doing. Shawn knows what a controlled test is too.

I didn't like what I saw from the Mustang dyno either. IE Terry squeezing the juice. Violent wheel hop at torque conditions like that can easily damage rods, trannies and wheels. If juiced wheel hop on the dyno can shake the whole damn building like a 6.8 earthquake... you know it can't be good for the car. That nonsense won't happen on a Dynapac.

and WTF was all that foam shooting out of the dyno? LOL

Old 02-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
True Dave. I get a much better feeling from Shawn. He knows WTF he's doing. Shawn knows what a controlled test is too.

I didn't like what I saw from the Mustang dyno either. IE Terry squeezing the juice. Violent wheel hop at torque conditions like that can easily damage rods, trannies and wheels. If juiced wheel hop on the dyno can shake the whole damn building like a 6.8 earthquake... you know it can't be good for the car. That nonsense won't happen on a Dynapac.

Man I'll give you a bid *** HIGH FIVE on that one. I saw the foam too?
My car still stinks.

Hey Derick I went to sears and got the sony digital cam the one that records strait to DVD... And man is sucks. I can't edit it worth a crap. Seems like all I can do with the computer is just watch it. Any Idea's? I'm thinking of taking it back and get the one that records to memory card or somthing.

Call me 909-349-7995

David G

Old 02-22-2005, 05:55 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by Hydrazine

Yeah, not to mention, me and David couldn't get traction worth crap when doing those simulated 1/4 mile runs. We were spinning faster than the dyno in 1st and 2nd and then the machine would put down an unnatural load that would bog 3rd down every time! 14.8 my @$$. I say we jump squinks! j/k

Old 02-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Yeah, not to mention, me and David couldn't get traction worth crap when doing those simulated 1/4 mile runs. We were spinning faster than the dyno in 1st and 2nd and then the machine would put down an unnatural load that would bog 3rd down every time! 14.8 my @$$. I say we jump squinks! j/k

AHahhahhahaha LMAO "rolling up my sleeves"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno Day: 2.19.2005