Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Caution: Unmarked Police Pick-up Trucks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 02:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caution: Unmarked Police Pick-up Trucks

I've seen a few F-150's, Dodges, and Silverados rolling around the LA area unmarked and ready for action. Just be aware. Most that I've seen are white and they have RED lights on the front side of their side views.

Old 04-30-2005, 02:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Usually for the Gang/Narcotic department. Unmarks don't like to blow cover on traffic infractions, but good to keep in mind, thanks.

Last edited by Gee Im Fast; 04-30-2005 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:25 AM
actually unless the law has changed, an unmarked car can not site you for traffic.
They must have markings (i.e. CHP on the door, etc) though they can have lights hidden. The problem is (for most of who have been on the 5) that in your rear view a white camero is a white camero.... you get to see their doors.

Old 04-30-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Sickone
actually unless the law has changed, an unmarked car can not site you for traffic.
They must have markings (i.e. CHP on the door, etc) though they can have lights hidden. The problem is (for most of who have been on the 5) that in your rear view a white camero is a white camero.... you get to see their doors.

Unmarked car CAN pull you over and cite you IF you are doing something out of the ordinairy. They got my cousin for blastin his subs...they were right next to him too...all they did was tell him to pull over. I don't know if they actually gave him the ticket, but my guess is they get a marked car en route to handle the rest.

Old 04-30-2005, 10:38 PM
Team Transport Member
All Cops can F*ck you! Krazy might be part of the new task force in your area I got stopped out in the Canyons today by one he was cool but warmed me about everyone else.

Old 05-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
I saw an unmarked truck pull someone over in Long Beach,it was not a anormal size pick-up it looked more like a work truck..wide body in back something like a contractor would drive. I believe it would be even more difficult to distinguish this as a police car, until you're getting pulled over. so be carfeull.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:45 PM
As for the women out there...how do we know if its an undercover cop? What happens if they aren't? They tell you to pull over (i.e. for speeding) and they end up being a rapist? Than what? Should I obey and pull myself over by an "unmarked" vehicle? This can be scary for us women!

Old 05-02-2005, 06:50 PM
you always can pull over to a lit area or parking lot w/ people around. only roll down your window partway to talk to them... and still have your motor running ready to jump if something's fishy. and you always ask for ID.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:55 PM
I just think its unfair to get pulled over by unmarked vehicles. I was always told that if they aren't the OFFICAL police black n' white's pulling you over, to keep on going. I guess, we can pull over in a crowded area and slightly put your window down.

Old 05-02-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by g35chic
I just think its unfair to get pulled over by unmarked vehicles. I was always told that if they aren't the OFFICAL police black n' white's pulling you over, to keep on going. I guess, we can pull over in a crowded area and slightly put your window down.

Ask to see a badge....and if you truly feel uncomfortable, tell then so, and ask for a marked car to come out to the scene while keeping windows 1/4 way down.

Old 05-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
Ask to see a badge....and if you truly feel uncomfortable, tell then so, and ask for a marked car to come out to the scene while keeping windows 1/4 way down.
Hey G35 Im Fast: I will definitely remember your advice, thanks

Old 05-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would say keep the car in Drive or in 1st gear and makesure your not in a weird spot, like an alley!

Old 05-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by G2FAST
I would say keep the car in Drive or in 1st gear and makesure your not in a weird spot, like an alley!

Not a good idea because people tend to be nervous when getting pulled over, that could result in the car jumping up, hitting something or injuring the "officer". We aren't into pursuits here, if she needs to go, she can put it in first and go...no need to be all Dukes of Hazard about it and peel out while makin a quick getaway ...

Old 05-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Another heads up... I just found out the reason for the patrol Pick-up trucks is because they are trying to crack down on street racing. Not only are they in trucks but they have a few undercover cars rolling around the freeways looking for so called "street racers". So if your car is looking fast these days you may just get pulled over for suspision.

Old 05-07-2005, 12:58 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah! I saw a fully police dressed Ford Lightning that had pulled a car over in Escondido (S.B. 15). I was on my way down to the San Diego gtg, and I saw the flashing lights up ahead and I thought they seemed a little high. As I passed by I realized it was a black and white Lightning . And then When I looked in my mirror, it had a full set of lights in front, in the grill and in the windshield. I was shocked to say the least.

Later,

Ray