Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Tinted Window Ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, how dumb do you think the officer is going to be? Anyone will be able to spot your "fake windows." In fact, upon spotting them, he will probably hand you a fine for trying to manipulate your way out of a ticket.

Old 05-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wickedG35
Wow, how dumb do you think the officer is going to be? Anyone will be able to spot your "fake windows." In fact, upon spotting them, he will probably hand you a fine for trying to manipulate your way out of a ticket.

Not trying to be rude, but what do you think clear 1/8th inch acrylic looks like? Incase you do not know, it looks like clear glass.

And if you think a cop is dumb for falling for this, my friend already pulled it off with his chevy s10. I guess cops are dumb, thats why they ended up as cops in the first place.

Also, if anyone is wondering why I would go to this extent, I really dis-like authority, especially when that authority is telling me what I can and can't do to a piece of glass.

Old 05-13-2005, 06:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea like we couldn't tell your disrespect for authority. there are laws. responsibility comes with the territory of breaking those laws. do what you like.

since no one's asked yet, i'm curious about your age...

Old 05-13-2005, 06:01 PM
G'z 6MT
Just do it, I want to see how this all falls out...

Old 05-13-2005, 06:14 PM
I made the template for the window, but I didn't feel well so I left work early. I'll have it finished tuesday.

I'll probably throw it on the CNC router and cut it out nicely

Old 05-13-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by FrizzleFry
yea like we couldn't tell your disrespect for authority. there are laws. responsibility comes with the territory of breaking those laws. do what you like.

since no one's asked yet, i'm curious about your age...
View my public profile...I am 21.

I think its a lousy law that you can't have tint. I'd understand dark tint that you can not see threw and do not know if the guy behind the glass is holding a gun, but a medium tint that is easily visible, common, get real, its a stupid f*cking law.

Also the fact that cops drive around (not a cruiser, their own car) with tinted windows and get away with it, that is bull and pisses me off even more.

By the way, I noticed your sig says you have tint, whats that about, you trying to break a law

Old 05-13-2005, 06:55 PM
Yeah, in Ohio it doesn't matter if you want to take it off or not, they just hand you over a $90 ticket. I've gotten 3 in my lifetime so far, hopefully no more *knock on wood*. They don't make you get anything signed off for. If the tint is somewhat light, they put a light meter on it (had it done on my 35% one of my old cars right on the side of the road) and if the tint is dark like my 5% limo, they just hand you the ticket. I agree though, it's a stupid law, and cops apear to be above it with their personal cars. Best of luck fighting that one...i'd just pay the fine and be done with it.

Old 05-14-2005, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by klwoods
i'd just pay the fine and be done with it.
I am pretty sure since it is "illegal" it is a fix it ticket and I have to fix it. The notice from the court says I have to "correct the violation." I imagine that entails removing the tint.

Old 05-14-2005, 01:57 AM
The Cali tint law does suck, it's not consistent with other states. The state can do what they want but if they really wanted to attack the issue, then target the tint shop's who tint front windows and fine them. For example, if they pull you over, you are required to tell them who did your tint. Sure, people could still do it themselve or go out-of-state, but it would not be worth it for most, and it would be even easier to single out your car.

This would help "their" problem go away but then they would loose the revenue and the excuse to pull you over.

What really gets to me is the randomness of who does and doesn't get pulled over.

Very interested in seeing a pic of the fake window. LOL Even funnier if you get away with it.

Last edited by Brewin98; 05-14-2005 at 02:11 AM.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:57 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
lol i actually want to see the windows... you can probably sell it off after your done too

Old 05-14-2005, 05:53 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
I like how when you get caught breaking the law it's always the cops fault and they are all pigs and ******. Make sure you don't smoke a bowl before you handle that router. I wouldn't want you to route your finger off.

Old 05-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
I like how when you get caught breaking the law it's always the cops fault and they are all pigs and ******. Make sure you don't smoke a bowl before you handle that router. I wouldn't want you to route your finger off.
I'll puff a joint just like when I drive, it is hard to hold a bowl piece and a lighter in my hand when I am working with the heavy machinery.

Old 05-14-2005, 04:52 PM
What if he asks you to roll them up all the way? Or down...or up and down?

You seriously talk like the cop is going to look out of his office and sign it off...what if something happens and they fall down as your speaking with the cop?

This is gonna be good....I wanna see pics but even more...I want to know how it goes.

What I can't understand is that, you can afford this car, tinting it or modding it or whatever, insurance, gas but can't afford the ticket and the removal of the tint...I know its extra money that could be well spent else where, but guess what bud, you ASSUMED the risk of being cited in CA...like anyone else who tints the front...no one ever thinks its going to happen to them then BAM, pulled over n cited.

Old 05-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by ryoken
That's not true. CA law doesn't allow tint on the front windows, period. However, enforcement varies in different areas.

Right but he meant in CA (so many cars out there) that to REALLY CATCH the officers eyes, they've gotta be practically blacked out only because these days alot of car company add a slight hue to the fronts...so being conservative with tint grade really helps make it seem like a factory burned glass...

Old 05-14-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
What if he asks you to roll them up all the way? Or down...or up and down?
He's not going to because he thinks the cop was born yesterday

I'd really love to see these "windows" now... seriously, I'm willing to pay for it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tinted Window Ticket