Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Tinted Window Ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 05:16 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
What if he asks you to roll them up all the way? Or down...or up and down?

You seriously talk like the cop is going to look out of his office and sign it off...what if something happens and they fall down as your speaking with the cop?

This is gonna be good....I wanna see pics but even more...I want to know how it goes.

What I can't understand is that, you can afford this car, tinting it or modding it or whatever, insurance, gas but can't afford the ticket and the removal of the tint...I know its extra money that could be well spent else where, but guess what bud, you ASSUMED the risk of being cited in CA...like anyone else who tints the front...no one ever thinks its going to happen to them then BAM, pulled over n cited.
I been pulled over before for tinted windows, ironically I was doing 40 in a 45 and the cop was hating that when he gave me a 5 minute lead, I was still not speeding. My cousin signed it off, he is a pig, but I have not kept in touch and I don't feel like calling him.

It is not the money by the way, I've had over $1,000 in tickets in the last 5 months, thats no problem, it is the principal of the matter.

Old 05-15-2005, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nickk6
View my public profile...I am 21.

I think its a lousy law that you can't have tint. I'd understand dark tint that you can not see threw and do not know if the guy behind the glass is holding a gun, but a medium tint that is easily visible, common, get real, its a stupid f*cking law.

Also the fact that cops drive around (not a cruiser, their own car) with tinted windows and get away with it, that is bull and pisses me off even more.

By the way, I noticed your sig says you have tint, whats that about, you trying to break a law
dude....if you don't want to take the tints off, just pay the fine and keep the tint....no need to talk trash about the cops and the law...there isn't anything you can do about it.

Old 05-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by irvine78
dude....if you don't want to take the tints off, just pay the fine and keep the tint....no need to talk trash about the cops and the law...there isn't anything you can do about it.

Yea thats what I told him, pay the fine...not the fix it, the fine. It will be like 85 bucks or so, and you don't need to show them anything.

Old 05-16-2005, 02:32 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
Yea thats what I told him, pay the fine...not the fix it, the fine. It will be like 85 bucks or so, and you don't need to show them anything.
Ok, I will call the courthouse tomorrow and see if they allow that. But I am still going to make my window for show and tell

Old 05-16-2005, 03:46 AM
I don't know if this is possible but since other states have different laws regarding tints (ex Arizona allows tinting on driver and passenger windows) If you register your car in AZ, can CA cops still issue you a ticket for your windows? If not, this would definitely save you the trouble of handling all the tint related citations.

Old 05-16-2005, 05:25 PM
yes i do have tint all the way around. but i'm not going to try and pull a fast one knowing that I was breaking a law by having it done in the first place. you may disagree with it but it is what it is... a law. good luck with your attitude towards authority... it would suck if you got caught... and is it really worth the risk?

Old 05-18-2005, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by Fugaezi
I don't know if this is possible but since other states have different laws regarding tints (ex Arizona allows tinting on driver and passenger windows) If you register your car in AZ, can CA cops still issue you a ticket for your windows? If not, this would definitely save you the trouble of handling all the tint related citations.
They'll nail you for registration instead. The law states that if you receive a paycheck in CA then you have to register the car in CA. They actually will check to see if you filed a tax return in CA if you pissed them off enough.

Also, a buddy of mine's dad is a police capt. and says that there is a new law this year that allows for front tints up to 20% as long as you take your car to your local PD and get the tint registered with them. Anyone know anything about this?

~randy

Old 05-18-2005, 04:01 AM
Originally Posted by randygsx
They'll nail you for registration instead. The law states that if you receive a paycheck in CA then you have to register the car in CA. They actually will check to see if you filed a tax return in CA if you pissed them off enough.

Also, a buddy of mine's dad is a police capt. and says that there is a new law this year that allows for front tints up to 20% as long as you take your car to your local PD and get the tint registered with them. Anyone know anything about this?

~randy
That would be nice, I will check with my 5.0 friends and see what the FK is up....

Old 05-18-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by randygsx

~randy
somebody pleaaase look into that

Old 05-25-2005, 01:13 AM
not good news

Originally Posted by MaDdFLaSheR
somebody pleaaase look into that
Well it took forever to get ahold of him but my 5.0 friend says the law has not changed, and further more, that the chief of SFV is cracking down on tints and no front licence plates (because of the traffic violation cameras). He and his partner had to do a full shift of writing those two kinds of tickets, and nabbed 13 people. I was just getting ready to tint mine, but now I am rethinking. What sheety law, they need some sort of compromise like other states. Peace - Jeff

Old 07-21-2005, 03:29 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I am with Nickk6, the California tint law is BS. In other states you can have non-reflective tint up to 35% in the front, but somehow California is too good for tints. It's illogical to ban ALL tints on front window, since the point is law enforcement visibility. So long as the officers can see you through t the windows it should be legal!!

I think it's a PITA to drive around SoCal sun without tint. I live 2 miles from the beach and my arms are already 3 shades darker than my shoulder from driving the untinted sedan for 3 months. I can't imagine how anyone in the inland valley area live without tint on their cars.

Nikk6, get those acrylic done and we have a group buy on the forum to share the template. I am sick and tired of having to worried about getting pulled over and having to remove my very expensive Huper Optic tint.

Old 07-21-2005, 03:42 AM
THE LAW IS THE LAW. That being said, there are some downright STOOPID laws out there. There are ways to fight them however. But just mouthing (or typing-LOL) off about it only allows you to ease some stress about it for now. How about getting a petition signed by all the G owners...

Old 07-21-2005, 05:18 AM
CHP & TINT .... F-them

NEVER GET YOUR TICKET SIGNED OFF BY THE CHP ... THEY MAKE MONEY FROM THE TIX THEY WRITE, RIGHT ... IF YOU GIVE THEM A CHANCE, THEY WILL GIVE YOU A NEW ONE FOR ANY NEW EQUIPMENT VIOLATON THEY FIND ... **** THEY EAT THEIR OWN TOO YOU KNOW ... THE ONLY GOOD THING IS THEY ARE ABOUT THE ONLY AGENCY THAT STILL SIGNS OFF FOR FREE .... BUT, THAT STILL DOES NOT KEEP THEM FROM SUCKING.

BY LAW, ANY PEACE OFFICER CAN SING OFF A TICKET ANYTIME/ANYWHERE ... THE BEST WAY TO GET A TICKET SIGNED OFF FOR FREE IS TO FIND AN OFFICER (NOT CHP) AT A 7-11(OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT) AND OFFER TO BUY HIS/HER COFFEE(THE OFCR WILL MOST LIKELY NOT LET YOU BUY IT). THEN ASK THEM TO SIGN OFF YOUR TICKET. JUST BE VERY COOL ABOUT IT.

ALWAYS HAVE THE VIOLATION FIXED BEFORE YOU HIT UP THE COP, UNLESS HE IS YOUR FRIEND THEN ANYTHING GOES........

BTW .... It Is The F**k'n CHP That Is Keeping That F**k'n Tint Law On The Books ... They Think It's Too Scary To Walk Up To Cars With Tint ... Always Remember, They Are Not Real Cops ... Dammmm, They Got Guns Too, How Scary Can It Be ....WTF

Old 07-21-2005, 04:11 PM
I am new to So Cal and find the tint law here rather lame as most of you do. In fact, when I got my G35 and had the windows tinted I just left it off the front two windows. But after looking on some website about tint laws (http://www.iwfa.com/iwfa/consumer_in...statelaws.html), it seems in Ca. we can have a light tint? This was put in place in '99, has the law changed since then?

Old 07-21-2005, 04:42 PM
Dude I was wondering what ever happened to this guy and his fake windows, thanks for the revival guys!!!

CA law says 70% fronts and no less. This basically looks like green glass (like when a windsheild shatters type of shade of green). Llumar manufactures this legal CA shade.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tinted Window Ticket