Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Visiting Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visiting Los Angeles

I'm visiting Los Angeles at the end of August and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for me. I'm a young guy (21) from NYC, so I enjoy bar hopping, nightlife, cars (of course), and dining out. I'm into both the Asian party scene and mixed parties (hip-hop/salsa/reggaeton). Any suggestions on where to go, what to do?

Also, I'm looking to rent a nice car to drive around. I've been checking websites and most of the stuff is ridiculously priced (convertible Z for $160 a day). If y'all have any suggestions on where to rent an affordable, nice manual sports car, or a sport bike, I'd really appreciate it. Maybe I'll even get a chance to check out some of your G's when I visit. And if anybody needs recommendations on visiting NYC, I'm always available to advise.

Old 07-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Yo L.A. is the spot. Trust me. There was a member from Philly who asked around.

As for clubs in L.A. this is my list. from other people it may vary and there is no ranking to it.

1. White Lotus
2. Prey
3. Hollywood Highlands
4. Garden Of Eden
5. Avalon
6. Standard (Either Sunset Blvd Location or Downtown Location)
7. The Concord
8. Ivar

I cant think of anything else. There are a ton of clubs, bars etc. . .

As for renting the car i think that price is pretty reasonable. First off where did you get that price. It also depends on where you get the rental. If you get it from Beverly Hills, its going to be expensive.

Where in L.A. are you staying?

Old 07-27-2005, 03:22 PM
No such thing as a reasonably priced MT sports car rental in SoCal... so if you decide to go budget, try Fox Rental. They are not in all airports, but they have good cars and you'll spend your money elsewhere.

Cheers, Ted

Old 07-27-2005, 03:34 PM
Yoooooooo, i just got back from L.A. a week ago! One of the best trips of my life.....not sure what your lookin to do, but here are somethings i did and some places i visited.....

- Sunset strip - theres a sick car shop here - Ferraris n stuff all hooked up...

- Saddle Ranch - great bar, great girls, cool experience

- 3rd Street Promanade - an outside mall-type place....cool stores, food, hot girls walking around everywhere, really nice cars cruising around...def a good way to spend an after noon

- Pacific Coast highway - one of, if not the best, roads/drives ive ever been on...u wont even look at 911 turbos after being on this road - the only thing that will catch your eye is a ferrari enzo, and Range on 26s, or some crazy supras n 350s...i was in a 92 Buick and had the time of my life just taking it all in...i went from Santa Monica to slightly north of Malibu - def a "must-do"

- Cabo Cantina on Wilshire - great local place, good food, cool outside atmosohere, and really hot girls (sidenote: hooked up with a super-hot asian girl here...i love asian girls too!)

- Gladstones in Malibu - unreal seafood place that is right on the water. Go around sundown for one of hte best views ever! lil pricey, but soooo worth it...and make sure to get something to go!!!!!

- Beverly Hills - sickest houses this side of Palm Beach FLA...prally better...and the cars roaming the streets here and on Rodeo Drive are like none other in the world! I saw 3 Murcialagos and a few 550 Maranellos and i was only there for about 30 minutes..oh yea, and like 20 Bentlys and Rolls's

- UCLA & Pepperdines campus'.....they are nicer than most hotels/country clubs...esp Pepperdine...do yourself a favor (as a young person) and go check these out and pretend you go there!!! LOL

I know im forgeting somethings so heres a link to my WEBSHOTS ( http://community.webshots.com/user/jwright821-date ) pictures...ask me any questions.....and have a Great time!

Old 07-27-2005, 03:49 PM
haha dude DO NOT go by Johns time here in LA/Vegas... I mean he wrote a great report and had a time of his life but he even made me jealous of his trip and I live here. loolll man John I saaw your pics bro, looked like it was the trip of a lifetime man. LA is just a cool place to chill. Theres plenty plenty to do around here so its like, what do you have in mind. I think Arash and John wrote great reviews about cool bars, clubs and restaurants. I would also suggest hitting up Pine st in downtown Long Beach. Awesome place with comedy clubs, night clubs, great restaurants and bars...

Old 07-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Kamal34
haha dude DO NOT go by Johns time here in LA/Vegas... I mean he wrote a great report and had a time of his life but he even made me jealous of his trip and I live here. loolll man John I saaw your pics bro, looked like it was the trip of a lifetime man. LA is just a cool place to chill. Theres plenty plenty to do around here so its like, what do you have in mind. I think Arash and John wrote great reviews about cool bars, clubs and restaurants. I would also suggest hitting up Pine st in downtown Long Beach. Awesome place with comedy clubs, night clubs, great restaurants and bars...
Kamal, you are right my friend! I had a great time!!! Ever since i graduated college (early - 3 yrs) and began working full time (2 weeks after graduation) i new i was going to take a killer trip to visit my friend Keith at UCLA.....well, i finally did it a year and a half later, and IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! Far better than i could have ever dreamed!

One thing is for sure - ILL BE BACK!!!!!

Old 07-27-2005, 04:36 PM
There are some pretty good bars at Hermosa Beach Pier. You can also go to tapings of talk shows, or sitcoms (I think they start in July or August). There was a Ferrari store on Wilshire in Beverly Hills that had two Enzos when I went by.

Old 07-27-2005, 05:00 PM
Yea the Enzos are still there.

hey John, bro your pics came out great. Why didnt you show this to us before?

But NYGsSpot, hit me or Kamal up when you get to L.A.

I live in L.A. as for some other people they live a lil ways out. But they know wats up.

Hit us up.

Old 07-27-2005, 05:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im up in La too...represent the west side haha. In addition to the clubs, one of the best clubs out now is Shelter on the susnet strip. Right across from McDonalds. Its always hoppin. Youll ove it there. Saddle Ranch is a MUST do on a fri or sat night. Make sure to get a bit tipsy and ride the bull!! As all tourists do, make sure you go to Beverly Hills, check out the houses and not just the ones in the flats, see if you can find your way up into the hills and youll see some AMAZING stuff.
BTW the place you were speaking about with the hooked up Ferrari's and all is called BY Design. I think they closed that location. Not sure exactly. One piece of advice, DO NOT SPEED ON SUNSET BLVD!!! Only two idiots ive seen speeding there were two lambo's, one Murcielago and a Diablo VT RACING! while i was sitting at Mel's Drive in at 3 AM. best thing ive seen yet

Old 07-27-2005, 06:13 PM
man, all i'm hearing from you guys are hot girls and even hotter cars. I'll try to be wary of John's once-in-a-lifetime adventures, but I'm ready to go all out in cali.

I'd be down to meet any of you guys--first round of drinks are definitely on me. In terms of hotels, this girl who's showing me around wants me to stay at the Holiday Inn-Express in Garden Grove. Its apparently close to her house Any thoughts on that? I figure its a bit far from L.A., but she told me it was cheaper and I'll have a rental car anyway. I'll be splitting my time between the Hoilday Inn and my friend's place in West Covina. As to the car rental, it looks like I'll just suck it up and drive a chevy. I'll save my cash for booze and b|tches.

I also read through pearl's post at the end of June, so I've stole some tips from there. John, did you end up visiting Habibi's? I'm big on hookah, so I'll take any advice on that too. Oh, and John, I'll probably be heading down with the NYC G-squad to the Aug 13th meet. You going to be there bro? I'd love to hear all your crazy stories in person. Thanks a lot guys. You're all ******* awesome! -- Ben

Old 07-27-2005, 08:14 PM
hahaa wow bro lol that was classic:
"your all ******* awesome! --Ben"

Lol yeaaa bro for sure hit me up wheneverz and we will def meet up. I wont have my car BUT I will be more than happy to meet you wherever in one of our family cars and take you around or whatever. Def let me know what you want to do and I will try the best that I can to get them done. It is my burrday on aug.12 so if u can come down b4 then or at then, let me know. Thankx guys

Old 07-27-2005, 10:43 PM
Wow your staying quite a ways from L.A. bro dont worry about the parking everywhere. You can find valet parking pretty cheap everywhere and also the street parking is cool.

Coming from someone who has a $hitload of Family from NY, your driving skills will fit right in here.

I TOTALLY forgot about Shelter. Too bad the persian owners are diks. But yea thats a good place.

If you wanna just chill durring the day you can visit Venice Beach. You will get your fare share of Wierdos and nice things to see.

As for Habibis, dude that place is OVERATED. there are alot better places to go in L.A. Habibis Cafe is probably like 4 out 5 places on My list.
Gypsy is better, Up In Smoke, The Spot, then Habibis and the there is a place out in the West L.A. area that i forgot the name.

Like Kamal said hit one of us up.

Ohh and my favorite line you said was this
I'd be down to meet any of you guys--first round of drinks are definitely on me
and this one also
I'll save my cash for booze and b|tches.

Again hit us up man we will take care of you.

Old 07-27-2005, 11:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dan, bring the green again.

Old 07-28-2005, 12:13 AM
I'll definitely hit you guys up. If you guys could pm me your numbers, I'll have something to go by when I land in LA, otherwise I probably will have limited access to the computers. Is Garden Grove really that far away? I wouldn't mind staying at a reasonably priced hotel in LA, especially if I'm going to be stumbling home drunk at 4 a.m. Any suggestions?

A crazy thing happenned to me tonight that makes me look forward to this trip even more. I stopped at a bar to visit my friends tonight and I noticed that there was this cute waitress working the table. I didn't think much of it, until my friend (who was with his girlfriend) told me to go talk with the waitress, promising me a beer if I succeeded in striking up a conversation. Anyway, I start talking and we leave to get a cigarette. She gets on the phone and starts talking with her friend about visiting California. When she gets off, I go "funny, I'll be visiting L.A." She says, "me too!" Turns out we'll be in L.A. on the same dates and that she wants me to take her out to some clubs. She's going with her other beautiful waitress friends (you have to be good looking to waitress in NYC). She gave me her info at the end of the night, and told me to hit her up when I'm in L.A. Man, LA is going to be off the hook. Anyway, I'm not going to be able to entertain all 4 of her female friends, so if you guys want to show me around and play wingman, they're all yours ;] Just leave me with my cute waitress. Oh, and if you drive your G, extra bonus points for you.

Old 07-28-2005, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by NYCGspot
(you have to be good looking to waitress in NYC)
Don't I agree. I just got back from NYC couple of weeks ago. Damn I party so hard when I'm there. Sounds like your gonna havve some fun here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Visiting Los Angeles