Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Frustration/Rant with Miller Infiniti Van Nuys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Frustration/Rant with Miller Infiniti Van Nuys

I don't about you guys but for me It's always a hassle with Miller Infiniti on Van Nuys. Maybe it's just the service Rep I deal with, Gene Lee.

My driver's seat has been squeaking, take it into service to fix the problem.
This guy tells me exactly, "I'll call you when the parts come in, if no one does, call me to see what happened".

A month goes by, no call, no postcard, nothing. I repeatedly call Gene Lee, leave voicemails...no response. Today, finally, after a month and a half I get a hold of him and he tells me "Hey man, it's cool man, the service department was supposed to call you." This is not what he told me inititally about the way things were supposed to work out.

It's always sucha G*d D*mn hassle going there, I was considering keeping my car for a few years, but I think I might end up just selling it sooner so I don't have to deal with that crappy dealership, Miller Infiniti of Van Nuys.

Has anyone else experienced problems in dealing with them? Or am I just the black sheep?

Old 09-29-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by MikeyMike
I don't about you guys but for me It's always a hassle with Miller Infiniti on Van Nuys. Maybe it's just the service Rep I deal with, Gene Lee.

My driver's seat has been squeaking, take it into service to fix the problem.
This guy tells me exactly, "I'll call you when the parts come in, if no one does, call me to see what happened".

A month goes by, no call, no postcard, nothing. I repeatedly call Gene Lee, leave voicemails...no response. Today, finally, after a month and a half I get a hold of him and he tells me "Hey man, it's cool man, the service department was supposed to call you." This is not what he told me inititally about the way things were supposed to work out.

It's always sucha G*d D*mn hassle going there, I was considering keeping my car for a few years, but I think I might end up just selling it sooner so I don't have to deal with that crappy dealership, Miller Infiniti of Van Nuys.

Has anyone else experienced problems in dealing with them? Or am I just the black sheep?
Don't deal with him. Deal with Tyrone or Rick....Tyrone is a nice guy, sends the post cards and everything that goes along with customer service. However I did make an appointment and they never logged it in...thank god I called to confirm the day before....they do tend to give the run around and seem to always be "on lunch" all day.

Old 09-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 for tyrone. he is really nice. too bad the dealership is so terrible. esp, the parts, they try so damn hard to sell their overpriced stillen parts.

Old 09-29-2005, 08:26 PM
Tyrone is the man. Tyrone is white. Who knew?

Old 09-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RIck is awesome too, i work w/ him all the time...

Old 09-29-2005, 10:28 PM
John Flanagan is the guy to go to. Hes the best

Old 09-29-2005, 11:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ill give a thumbs up for Tyrone as well.

I've had miniscule problems(light on heater switches went out), and major problems(seat came off track). On all occasions, Tyrone has been on top of things, and I am promptly called when parts come in, if there will be a delay, and if the car is ready.

I have had the same problems with my appointment not getting recorded. Their phone receptionist for the service department is pretty horrible.

Old 09-30-2005, 02:36 AM
oh man im sorry to hear that...thats where i picked up my g from too...

im actually gonna try to go in on monday or tuesday because i have a "service engine soon" light on and i need to see what its about..its only been 3300 miles so i have no clue what it is, im kinda nervous, i read the manual but my fuel cap seems to be ok...any ideas...and im bracing for the bad service now at miller

Old 09-30-2005, 02:45 AM
Originally Posted by aequitask
oh man im sorry to hear that...thats where i picked up my g from too...

im actually gonna try to go in on monday or tuesday because i have a "service engine soon" light on and i need to see what its about..its only been 3300 miles so i have no clue what it is, im kinda nervous, i read the manual but my fuel cap seems to be ok...any ideas...and im bracing for the bad service now at miller
Don't let the other guys scare you: the servce at Miller is not terrible. All of the service guys are pretty cool, but you just gotta be careful of certain things. They make mistakes and are only human, but you gotta do the oversight to make sure you got what you wanted. If you find a mistake, they are pretty good about fixing it with no problems.
Example: I setup a service appointment two weeks ago for the CD player (the infamous left speaker problem) check and an oil change. At my appointment, I meet up with Gene and we start talking about the CD player. After our conversation, he starts talking about ordering parts and letting me go on my way. At that point I knew he either: forgot the oil change or didn't know about the oil change. I politely said I also wanted an oil change and he was pretty cool about it.
In regards to the headunit thing, I haven't gotten a postcard or call about it, but I'll probably call him tomorrow or monday at the latest. I think I called him twice once on the same issue, but I've been pretty polite with him on the phone and have not received any additional hassle.
Conclusion: They aren't jerks... just either busy or overworked.

Last edited by MrCrazy; 09-30-2005 at 02:56 AM.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:25 AM
Ok my turn,

FOrget Gene, mike take it from me, Rick is the man. and i know he visit these forums. Wasup Rick.

John is a bastard when it comes to mods done to the ride. Tyrone i have dealt with a couple times because Rick wasnt available.

But overall bro nothing ever gets done there. You have to keep going back and back.

let me know if you need help ill come with you down to Miller.

Old 09-30-2005, 03:41 AM
Thumbs down gene lee not taking care of u?

i dunno bout u guys, but i first dealt with everyone else there b4 i finally talked to gene, he wuz so much nicer and handled my problems much faster and better then 3 of the other service writers. He knows i have mods, he hooks it up with warranty work and always hooks me up with a phat loaner, i havent had any problems with him. just my 2 cents

Old 09-30-2005, 11:44 AM
Adivce: Try all of them until you find the one you like, then make him your service consultant.

Old 09-30-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
Adivce: Try all of them until you find the one you like, then make him your service consultant.

Adivce?

Old 09-30-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by DanielEshaghian
Adivce?

Advice, sorry I only went to UCI....engineering major at that.

Old 09-30-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
Advice, sorry I only went to UCI....engineering major at that.

See what kind of education they provide you with. Stick to the computers and i need my ipod to be hooked up to my car can you do it Sunday?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Frustration/Rant with Miller Infiniti Van Nuys