Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Poker anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wickedG35
Nice run down of them all John. Come to think of it, I remember there are a lot of whiners in Hollywood Park. I was in a 2/4 limit game one time... By the turn I hit quads and flashed my dad the cards with no words. He was standing behind watching. The guy across was looking for a 5th spade on the river to hit his flush. It came, and we had a raise battle going. When I showed my 4 of a kind, he thought I had cheated somehow (thought my dad gave me cards?). The security came up to me and tried to kick me off the table. The dealer told him that he got beat with a better hand and they backed off lol. After that incident, I don't think I'll go there ever again.
I am not surprised. I see someone get into a argument everytime I go there. I know an Inglewood PD officer and he told me that they have to respond to HP at least a couple times a week.

Old 11-03-2005, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wicked, give us a summary of that hand as best as you can remember! Was the table loose or tight at the time and did the guy have As or Ks even?

Old 11-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by eldy
Wicked, give us a summary of that hand as best as you can remember! Was the table loose or tight at the time and did the guy have As or Ks even?
Pretty tight table, it was only me vs. him at the river.

I had 8d, 8c vs his 5s, 6s

Flop: As, 8s, Jh

Turn: 8h

River: Ks

Old 11-03-2005, 06:14 PM
so he had crap cards before the flop, at least stuff i wouldn't play. did you check raise after the turn and river? what an awesome scenario

Old 11-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by G35LBC
so he had crap cards before the flop, at least stuff i wouldn't play. did you check raise after the turn and river? what an awesome scenario
There was 1 other player on the turn still in the hand who was in early position. He checked the turn (before he did this I quickly flashed the quads without having the cards leave the table). I checked my quads hoping the last guy would bet the A, and he did bet but was betting his flush draw. Early guy quickly folds and I take a little time to "think," and decide to make my move and raise. He simply calls so I knew he was on the draw or afraid I had 2 pair or possibly trips with a 2nd 8 on the board. River card came and we battled it out... everyone was in awe of my crazy 8's, but this guy said I cheated... blah blah, started yelling, security came.

I don't blame him for going after the flush. In 1/2 & 2/4 you'll see people playing loose all the time. That's why those limits are typically dubbed "No Fold Em' Hold Em."

Last edited by wickedG35; 11-03-2005 at 07:50 PM.