Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 11:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sold Out

Old 03-15-2007, 12:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 6MT
whoa, you did get my payment, right richie?

Old 03-15-2007, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by n1cK
whoa, you did get my payment, right richie?
Yes I got - it was actually the second to last payment I got!

Old 03-15-2007, 12:34 AM
G35 6MT
Thumbs up score!

Originally Posted by richie
Yes I got - it was actually the second to last payment I got!
whoa, right on time then, eh? can't wait to receive it! please let me know when you ship it, and shoot me the tracking #. thanks!

Old 03-15-2007, 12:42 AM
whoa, right on time then, eh? can't wait to receive it! please let me know when you ship it, and shoot me the tracking #. thanks!
Just in the n1cK of time =)

Shipping out tomorrow and you'll be emailed the tracking #.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:25 AM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Is it possible to get one without any powdercoating on the center bar, and would that cut the cost down?

Old 03-16-2007, 03:17 PM
G35 6MT
Just in the n1cK of time =)

Shipping out tomorrow and you'll be emailed the tracking #.
no need for the tracking number, i just received it right now. everything looks great except for a couple of scratches that are on the aluminum. was this a known issue?

Old 03-16-2007, 03:20 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
no need for the tracking number, i just received it right now. everything looks great except for a couple of scratches that are on the aluminum. was this a known issue?
i think pretty much everyone has gotten a couple scratches on the center bar. Mine had a couple, and so did 2 other people that i know that have the bar. If you plan on painting it then its no biggie as you have to sand off all the finish that's on the bar to get it down to bare metal for the paint to stick.
-GP-

Old 03-16-2007, 03:27 PM
G35 6MT
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
i think pretty much everyone has gotten a couple scratches on the center bar. Mine had a couple, and so did 2 other people that i know that have the bar. If you plan on painting it then its no biggie as you have to sand off all the finish that's on the bar to get it down to bare metal for the paint to stick.
-GP-
i wonder if it's possible to spray paint...you know, primer, base, clear...(and please, don't say "oh that's so ghetto" blah blah blah.....)

Old 03-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by S.E.
when will there be more of these?
no exact ETA yet - I'll update when I have that information

Sorry about that n1cK - the manufacturer were not too careful when assembling the bars. Most bars have a few scratches near the tower brackets - on the bottom side.

Did you install it yet?

Old 03-16-2007, 04:24 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I don't think it's necessary to get all the coating off. Unless it's some strange coating that rejects paint for some odd reason. IMHO sand, primer, paint should be fine.

Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
-GP-

Old 03-16-2007, 04:34 PM
G35 6MT
Thumbs up easy...

no exact ETA yet - I'll update when I have that information

Sorry about that n1cK - the manufacturer were not too careful when assembling the bars. Most bars have a few scratches near the tower brackets - on the bottom side.

Did you install it yet?
eh, no worries. $h*t happens! but yeah, as a matter of fact, i did install it. it was pretty easy, with the only "hard" part was setting the height so it wouldn't hit the hood. other than that, it cleared the crawford plenum with ease (it would clear it even on the lowest setting). thanks for the great deal and the quick shipping (i guess living in so cal helps, huh?)!

the only other thing that i was not too fond of was the bracket on the right hand side (supporting the AC line). i was going to dremel down the support so the bracket would fit flush again, but decided not to screw with it. other than that, everything fit spot on!

ps-if you're wondering, see the INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS, bottom picture of page 5.

Last edited by n1cK; 03-16-2007 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:40 PM
G35 6MT
Originally Posted by S.E.
heat might be an issue^
nah, just get high heat paint. i decided to not paint it though...it's too "hard" (and i'm way too lazy)

Old 03-16-2007, 04:43 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
nah, just get high heat paint. i decided to not paint it though...it's too "hard" (and i'm way too lazy)
you can spray paint it, many people have done it already, you just gotta make sure you sand it down to bare metal first, then use a metal primer, lots of paint and lots of clear. You might have a slight rubbing problem on the coupe, i know most people's rubs on the hood insulator. On my sedan, i have the bar about a 1/4" above the lowest setting and it barely rubs, so if i put it down all the way it wont rub at all. i'll be painting it soon.
-GP-

Old 03-16-2007, 08:13 PM
G35 6MT
so i just get back from taking my first ride with these things on...i can feel a difference, i think. in my opinion, the turn in radius is a little tighter, and believe it or not, it actually helped a little with the rear traction. don't ask me how, but i usually chirp out of the dip leaving my house, and it didn't do it, twice. it definitely feels tighter when i throw the wheel back and forth quickly. thanks richie.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***Richie's Front Strut Bar***