TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Can't fill tank all the way??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I currently hear squeaks from my back seat area. I don't think it's coming from the windows, sounds more like from the seats but, it could just be bouncing sound off that I guess. And my drivers seat squeaks too. I'm guessing there is no way to adjust this myself? If so, how

Old 09-26-2006, 05:30 PM
yea...i get it from time to time.Its frustrating when the dam thing keeps klicking.!!

Old 09-26-2006, 07:57 PM
hahahah i think almost everybody had that problem lol i had that problem also sooo f u k i n g g a y

Old 09-29-2006, 09:38 PM
I just started to have this problem....my goodness its annoying. I notices this is on their TSB. How much does this cost to fix? or would they do it at good will?

Old 09-29-2006, 09:54 PM
It should be done for free. Take it to the dealer

Old 09-30-2006, 07:16 PM
Well I had mine in for the last time and they swapped out gas tanks and the first time I went to put gas in the car it wouldn't take more than 1/2 tank so I sent all my paper work to the BBB/Autoline division and am hoping to hear something back soon..

Old 09-30-2006, 07:35 PM
I have a 2004 Coupe and couldn't get gas fill up all the way. It would stop in between 3/4 and full. Brought it back to the dealer and they fixed the problem under factory warranty coverage. They told me they replaced 2 sensors. When I brought the car in, I only had 1/2 a tank. They didn't need tank to be full to identify the problem. Now when I fill up my tank it goes passed the full mark.

Old 09-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Lunzzz, Im sorry to hear you are having that much trouble. But it sounds like more of a service problem than a poorly designed vehice in general. Try switching dealers, you might be surprised as to how helpful some of them are if you are nice to them and try to explain the issue clearly.

The tank not folling up completely seems like a pretty easy thing to prove, have a service tech ride with you to your normal station, and have him try to fill it up all the way. As soon as he see's it not filling up easily, I'm sure they will get it fixed for you.

My clitch was clicking after about 6 months of owning my 2005, and I had a guy drive around with me, once he heard it he said he would keep the car until they could make it go away for good. And after 1.5 days of me testing out their loaner car, mine was fixed.

Good luck getting it fixed, but to be honest, unless your engine is blown and they are trying to make you pay for it or something, going to the BBB or lemon law lawyers is probbaly just going to cost YOU time and money.

A

Old 10-02-2006, 06:01 PM
The only thing is that is dosen't happen all the time and the nearest dealership is 20 miles away and I work all day and my wife does too. They've repalced fuel sending units, flapper valve in the tank, and the tank..When I search for a dealership on the Infiniti site the one I go to is the only one that pops up.

Last edited by Lunnzz; 10-02-2006 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I just got my car serviced and I forgot to get this done. DOHHH!!!!!!!

Old 10-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Well the car hasn't fixed itself yet...The problem has showed it's ugly face twice since having the gas tank replaced. I got some info from the BBB Auto Line division saying that the claim is being processed and I don't have to do anything else.

Old 10-14-2006, 04:18 AM
very interesting that the G is having this issue. My S2K suddenly started doing the same thing.

Old 10-14-2006, 07:24 PM
I actually got my problem fixed. The tech told me that it was probably related to the fuel hose recall. They just did the recall campaign and it seems to went away for me. So far only filled it once since the service. But it filled up all the way up.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:24 PM
OK so is there a TSB on this issue or not? If so does someone have a scan or a reference # that I can mention? I'm going in next week and my dealer is usually great about doing whatever work I need with no questions asked but my service guy seems to have not heard about this one. He mentioned the fuel hose recall which I just had done a month or so ago but it was happening before that too so I don't think it's related. I always thought it was just me that couldn't fill up past 3/4 and to be honest I thought it was the gauge that was wrong and not that I was actually filling up to only 3/4 but now I see alot of other people are having it too.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Well I filed a claim with the BBB Autoline division against Infiniti and they wanted to look at the car one more time but I told the BBB that I have had the problem twice since having the tank replaced and she said she would let Infiniti know.. Well on 31 Oct I have a arbiration hearing and from that day Infifnti has 3 days to decide weither they are going to buy it back or try to give me another car. If I get another car this time I am asking for a coupe fully loaded like my sedan is for what I owe on my car minus some money for my troubles then I am gonna turn around and sell it ...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can't fill tank all the way??