TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

06-07 G35 Coupe headlight recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 10:01 AM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea i put the 06's in my 05 when i crashed. I hope i am covered.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:57 PM
nationwide dealer said they dont know of any recalls except for the 03s which had some anti-theft issue thing

Old 11-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nchaurdia
nationwide dealer said they dont know of any recalls except for the 03s which had some anti-theft issue thing
You're dealer must REALLY be clueless than, because he should've at least known about the fuel-tank recall....

Old 11-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by nchaurdia
Yep, I wouldn't trust your dealer if they only know of one TSB. DId you mean they don't know about any Headlights recall perhaps? In that case, you should have mentioned to them the recall number on the first post and all the info.

Old 11-10-2006, 03:57 PM
No ones knows what they are talking about...

Here's a great first post for me, but why don't you all do your research before you blast the dealer. I spent 20 minutes and tracked down the whole deal:

1. Dealers have not yet been informed of the recall or a fix, from Nissan/Infiniti USA.

2. The manufacturer of the Headlights, a company in Japan determined that the headlights didn't meet US specifications and alerted Nissan to the problem.

http://199.79.180.162/prepos/files/A...6V394-5753.pdf

3. Nissan informed the NHTSA of the problem on October 11, 2006.

4. NHTSA confirmed reciept of the problem on October 13, 2006.

http://199.79.180.162/prepos/files/A...6V394-7802.pdf

See this link for all the information I'm quoting:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...callSearch.cfm

Search on the Campaign # 06V394000

5. Infiiti customer service is was not aware of the problem when I called them yeterday. At this point neither Nissan or Infiniti has not communicated a solution to the problem.

6. The problem is that the HID headlights do not have the proper required "cut-off" pattern for the light above a certain height. Some of you with an 06-07 car will notice that the Driver side beam pattern is higher than the passenger pattern and the the patern of each angles lower to the right. This results in "blinding" on coming traffic. The beam pattern should be flat, and only agle up on the passener side for viewing street signs on the right hand shoulder.

7. Once Nissan has informed the dealers and knows what they will do to fix the problem, they will send out a campaign notification to all of the effected owners.

Anyway, I hope this is helpful to you all.

Last edited by petes97; 11-10-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by petes97
Some of you with an 06-07 car will notice that the Driver side beam pattern is higher than the passenger pattern and the the patern of each angles lower to the right. This results in "blinding" on coming traffic. The beam pattern should be flat, and only agle up on the passener side for viewing street signs on the right hand shoulder.
Sounds like they accidently shipped a few RHD lights into the US.
The cutoff's on my G35's projectors look just like my TL's and my E46 projectors on my other car. They are lower on the left side, and higher on the right side. This must not effect all the 06' projectors than. Seems wierd, becuase I was one of the first people to jump on the 06' projector bandwagon the moment they were available for order. (I bought them in Sept or Oct of 05')

This is a crappy picture, because it was before I aimed the lights, and it's blurry because I just found a white wall, and stopped at an angle, and rushed the picture, because there were cars behind me. But you can clearly see the cutoffs on my 06' projectors are lower on the left and higher on the right.

Last edited by avs007; 11-10-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by avs007
Sounds like they accidently shipped a few RHD lights into the US.
The cutoff's on my G35's projectors look just like my TL's and my E46 projectors on my other car. They are lower on the left side, and higher on the right side. This must not effect all the 06' projectors than. Seems wierd, becuase I was one of the first people to jump on the 06' projector bandwagon the moment they were available for order. (I bought them in Sept or Oct of 05')

This is a crappy picture, because it was before I aimed the lights, and it's blurry because I just found a white wall, and stopped at an angle, and rushed the picture, because there were cars behind me. But you can clearly see the cutoffs on my 06' projectors are lower on the left and higher on the right.

Hey, this is was what I had said in my earlier post: That the cutt-off pattern is to blame. Well, I do notice my driver side is higher than my passenger side and thought that maybe CHAD had gotten the JDM version and that's how he was able to sell us the Housing. I'm think they will "Fix" the problem instead of replacing all the headlights housing. They'll most likely do the retrofits that a few members where doing here to get a better cutt-off.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
I'm think they will "Fix" the problem instead of replacing all the headlights housing. They'll most likely do the retrofits that a few members where doing here to get a better cutt-off.
Has anyone taken a closer look at the projectors? I know when I ordered the E46 projectors, there was a little lever sticking out on the side. If it's in the up position, the cuttoff is flat, if it's in the down position, the cutoff is flared to the right.

Old 11-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
I agree. I always wondered why the projectors on my friends BMW looked so much brighter and better than the projectors on our G's. Makes sense now.

I would think that non 06/07 G's that retrofit the projectors onto their cars are out of luck. I doubt Nissan/Infiniti is going to agree to change those also. Their arguement would be that the stock HID's work just fine and shouldn't have been changed. Or probably something like that.
I dont know what the hell youre talking about, but my headlights are much brighter than my friend's m3 and brighter than my buddy's A4. The 06 bi-xenons output is really good, but the cutoff is not as sharp because of the fresneled lense (ripples).

Old 12-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
yeah i just contacted my dealership metro infiniti and they haven't recieved any info yet

Old 12-16-2006, 09:57 AM
I work at an infiniti dealer and the only known tsb for the headlights is that crappy hazing that happens to them after a while. The fix for that is 3m plastic polish and some elbow grease. As far as different lights (retrofit) lights being covered under warranty the answer to that is no. If its not what the car originally came with then it wont be covered under factory warranty. If the dealer installs an item then they will cover it for whatever warranty it comes with. Its how we do things at our dealer, anything installed is covered under the factory warranty for the 4 years 60k miles. Including, exhaust, cais, dvds, back up cameras, headers, etc etc.
There seems to be a huuuuuuge misconception as to what the dealer covers and what infiniti approves for the dealer to cover.

Old 12-16-2006, 02:37 PM
^^^maybe you should change your name to "Not Mod Friendly"

Old 12-18-2006, 11:11 PM
WRAH
Originally Posted by Mod Friendly
I work at an infiniti dealer and the only known tsb for the headlights is that crappy hazing that happens to them after a while. The fix for that is 3m plastic polish and some elbow grease. As far as different lights (retrofit) lights being covered under warranty the answer to that is no. If its not what the car originally came with then it wont be covered under factory warranty. If the dealer installs an item then they will cover it for whatever warranty it comes with. Its how we do things at our dealer, anything installed is covered under the factory warranty for the 4 years 60k miles. Including, exhaust, cais, dvds, back up cameras, headers, etc etc.
There seems to be a huuuuuuge misconception as to what the dealer covers and what infiniti approves for the dealer to cover.
What about the 1 year parts warrenty Nissian OEM parts come with stated both with the parts and the car. Nissan/Infiniti parts are not retrofitted, they are OEM.

Old 12-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by nm3th
^^^maybe you should change your name to "Not Mod Friendly"
??

Why shoot the messenger?

Old 12-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by WRAH
What about the 1 year parts warrenty Nissian OEM parts come with stated both with the parts and the car. Nissan/Infiniti parts are not retrofitted, they are OEM.
I think that is the parts warranty he is speaking of in his post.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 06-07 G35 Coupe headlight recall