TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

*OIL CONSUMPTION TSB has been updated by Nissan*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by jonnylaw
lol, most of the nissan/Infiniti parts come from Japan. "Stronger internals?" No. Remember, many members that have their engien replaced bc of oc, have experience the same oc, some even worse, some on their third engine.

They do not have "stronger internals". That is false and very misleading. But you are welcome to think what you want. The only part that is questionable is the rings. But Nissan is still using the same ring manufacturer/vender on the vhr engine and having similar problems.

The only viable thing I have heard is that they may be "hand assembled", but I'm not even sure if this is 100% true. But stonger internals? No.
My 2008 TSB longblock was hand-built in Japan. Rumor has it, that started back ~June of 2007 and ~Jan 08 (original TSB) with revised valve guide/seals. Probably another last ditch effort with another revision on these short-blocks. Hey maybe a quality ring vendor this time...same with the VQ37VHR TSB shortblock replacements...umm yea wow is all can say about that and NNA needs to stop going with the lowest vendor bid and quality on those lol!! Thank gawd I have extended warranty if/'when' my replacement goes South.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 11-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Removed duplicate post

Old 11-08-2010, 11:02 AM

Last edited by vp-g; 05-04-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, seen all the posting about oil consumption.
Are all of you guys still under warranty ???
What happends if you have low 29,000 miles and out of warranty???
Where do you go to find the correct answers, what do you do?
Did anyone tried heavier oil or Lucas oil stabilizer ???. It just does not make sense to loose all the oil rings in an instant. Does anyone knows where is the PCV valve???

Old 12-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by vp-g
what are the chances of me getting my 03 engine replaced? I have a factory warranty and I am down 18mm after 3000 miles which is in the "no good range"
You most likely need to be consuming 1qt/1000mi or worse (general industry standard) for them to honor any replacement under warranty. TSB OC rate chart is for revup VQ's only.
Originally Posted by wechslerl
OK, seen all the posting about oil consumption.
Are all of you guys still under warranty ???
What happends if you have low 29,000 miles and out of warranty???
Where do you go to find the correct answers, what do you do?
Did anyone tried heavier oil or Lucas oil stabilizer ???. It just does not make sense to loose all the oil rings in an instant. Does anyone knows where is the PCV valve???
Warranty is 6yrs/70K mi (key phrase here...) which ever comes first.

Look for hose that goes from front side of plenum to PCV on passenger side valve-cover.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Mr.

Oil Oil and more Oil. Update on 2006 G35 6MT
Infiniti called back to schedule an oil service. Did not matter that I just had one the day before, they wanted their share of the $110.00 + tax and expenses for their own.
Was told to come back after 1001 miles.
Was told that I am out of warranty (4 years and 11 monts with 28,909 miles)
Was told that Power Train Warranty does not cover the Engine.
I requested to open a case and was given the phone number for Costumer Affairs Department, where I spoke with Nalie.
Nalie asured me that power train warranty is for 6 years of 50,000 miles, whatever comes first and the engine is part of that.
However she explained that I can receive a reference number for my complaint for now and that will become a "CASE" number after I return to the dealer and he establishes that the oil consumption is out of range.
So for now I have it documented at the dealer and at Infiniti Consumer Affairs.
I can see where its going to be the difficult part, at the point where the dealer has to make the decision about oil consumption and if the Engine is included or not in power train warranty

Old 12-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Unhappy Mr.

Oil Oil and more Oil.

I would like to know if any of the owners whos engine was replaced, was ever told what was wrong with the engine ?
Can all the oil rings give up at once ? I never heard any thing like this.
In the past, on my very older cars, the Cylinders lost compression slowly and one at the time !!. And above 80,000 miles !!
How about the valve seals, maybe they are desintegrating ?
This realy worries me because i tought to keep the car for 10 years or more!!!!!
Anyone knows??

Old 12-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Sorry for the noob question, where is the link for the TSB so I can print it out.

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Old 12-29-2010, 02:37 AM
^^^thanks

Old 07-13-2011, 03:42 PM
so I guess if I have a 05 coupe with 136,000 miles. I'm **** out of luck?

Old 07-13-2011, 03:47 PM
How much oil is it using!

Old 07-15-2011, 03:51 AM
I'm lost on all this Oil consumption tsb crab, so this tsb is pretty much not good anymore for people with 2005 g35 and lower because it is now 2011 which have been 6 years so powertrain and warranty is up... I have a 2005 6MT and they said my warranty was out 4 months ago on March 2011... By the way they charge $120 to do the OC test... So should I still do the OC test even though I'm out of warranty or its useless to do an OC test? I can't even get a new valve cover and gasket replace because my cylinder 6 is pooling with OIL since I am out on warranty... so what do I do?

Old 07-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Reply for Truexh:

I've been thrugh the same deal with my 06. On the first (Original Dealer) they dare to say that oil consumption is not covered, the second dealer was much nicer but also tricked me.
I am assuming they all get bonusses whenever they manage to reject a claim !!!
Now I am only at 32350 miles and in order to evaluate where is the oil going to and how, I installed two oil trappers to collect any oil comming from the blow by functions. So far only 100 miles driven and no oil yet, (maybe because I added 1/4 of one bottle of Lucas !).
I suggest you install one or two oil trappers ($60 each with hose). One goes between the PCV valve and the intake on the left (looking from the front) the other goes from the air duct to the right valve cover.
My compression test indicated 181 psi average +- 1psi.
When new it's supposed to be 185 psi and slightly higher on the high rev engine, so mine is close but not 100%.
Try using Castrol GTX 10W40 high mileage at the nearest oil change, (if you live in the South) or 10W30, if you are North of New York and see what's the result.
Let me know.

LW

P.S. Never install a second PCV valve on the other vent !!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *OIL CONSUMPTION TSB has been updated by Nissan*