TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

*OIL CONSUMPTION TSB has been updated by Nissan*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 12:40 AM
I haz hugz to givez

Received 286 Likes on 263 Posts
*OIL CONSUMPTION TSB has been updated by Nissan*

Hey all,

Thought I'd share...I just got back from my OC test, and failed! hurray!!!...however...The service department informed me that I would be ordered up a nice fresh SHORT Block. This is a departure from the original LONG block replacement outlined in the TSB. They informed me that this change was put into effect Aug 1, 2010!

I am currently working with Nissan Customer Service as I was in-process of the test during the change over. I am hopeful of having the full replacement, however if you have been putting off your test for any reason, know that this is the new policy and you may want to get going to have any chance at a Long block replacement, rather than swapping your heads etc on to a new bottom end.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:39 AM
Mr.202?

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts
Yea, I hear the new shortblock they are installing is stronger then the old ones so they can take more if you go FI.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also just failed the OC test, and was informed that my "Short Block" is on tis way. Is this much worse than just replacing the long Block?

Old 08-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can someone post up something official? I'd definitely like to get this checked out by the Infiniti dealership. Did the OC problem never have anything to do with the head? Was oil slipping past the rings or somethings?

Old 08-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by BostonG6spd
I also just failed the OC test, and was informed that my "Short Block" is on tis way. Is this much worse than just replacing the long Block?
This happened to me too. I called and asked about getting a long block instead but they said that infiniti just changed its tsb on july 30th to short blocks =/

Old 08-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
I'm gonna be pissed if my replacement is a short block.

I dropped off my car for an OC Test on the 29th of July. Will have to come back soon for the 1k mile mark.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:02 AM
I haz hugz to givez

I have been working with the "Customer Affairs" team at Nissan USA and have received ZERO compassion or understanding regarding my situation. I have even reached a supervisor who REFUSES to admit there is anyone else higher than her who will speak to me about my appeal (also she will not overturn the "policy" due to my beginning the test prior to the change.) I have been told by multiple people at customer affairs at this point that Nissan is not concerned with "good will towards it's customers" but merely fulfilling the warranty obligation as spelled out in the TSB. I cannot believe that NO ONE will apply just an ounce of logic to this situation and see how this will reflect on "cost" of customer satisfaction vs. the "cost" of completing a few more repairs using a standing process since 2006!

Just amazing.

Anyhow I am emailing Mr. Ghosn (CEO Nissan USA) to explain my situation and see what his take on it is. I hope he is still open to a logical discussion rather than quoting me the policy for the umpteenth time.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
What's the Infiniti TSB number?

Last edited by V35 Skyline GT; 08-20-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
Yea, I hear the new shortblock they are installing is stronger then the old ones so they can take more if you go FI.
what? where did you hear this? I don't think that's true at all. sorry.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by BostonG6spd
How are dealers with mod's and OC issues. Are you guys taking off your mods before you go in for testing?

I have not noticed any oil consumption issues with my '05 revup, but I also have used an ARC extra capacity oil pan and oil catch can since 12k miles. I have 26k miles currently. I have been supercharged since ~21,500 miles.

I don't think the dealer would do a OC test with my supercharger, cosworth plenum, fuel return system, and 600 injectors installed on the engine

I did have some suspected blow by once, but a suspected bad pcv was replaced, and haven't had an any issues since. . I change my oil at 3-4k with Mobil1 or Amsoil synthetic. Maybe it's luck or driving habits.

Maybe if I ever suspected an issue, I could go back to "stock" and bring my car in

Last edited by jonnylaw; 08-20-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
I'm not to sure i'm understand this.. i have not even heard of OC problems on the o7's. So let me ask... I just take the car into the dealership and ask for and OC test? Is that all? So am i hoping to fail the test so that I can get a new engine.. I have about 51K miles on the engine I have now

Old 08-20-2010, 11:39 PM
I haz hugz to givez

Most dealers would probably fail ya if they knew (or could identify that your engine was mod'd) If you're goin in for a test, I'd def be as stock as possible, heck I even took off my radiator diverter panel lol...give Nissan NO EXCUSE to fail you, (in the bad way) or else they will

Old 08-21-2010, 01:34 AM
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
Do any of you guys go in with just an exhaust?

Old 08-21-2010, 01:42 AM
im still confused a bit on this whole OC thing xD i drive a rev up my self 05 to be exact

Old 08-21-2010, 02:04 AM
now i know im a noob but i havent really kept up with the tsb at all, but what constitutes you to get the oc test done? just curious as to whether or not i should get it done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *OIL CONSUMPTION TSB has been updated by Nissan*