Dyno'd my car today at Function Tuned.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Lisa Fleming=HOT!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno'd my car today at Function Tuned.

Well, today i went to Function Tuned to dyno my car. i regret that i didnt do a dyno before i put on my mods because i have no number to compare to...i did a baseline dyno today with three pulls. my mods: MD 1/2" isothermal plenum spacer, MREV2, Z-Tube, K&N Filter on a 2007 Coupe 6MT. my best pull was 228HP and around the same amount of torque. i thought this was kinda of low with my mods. and dave at Function told me the same thing. he also told me i was running really rich, with A/F ratio in the 11's and 12's. he said i would've made more power if i was running in the 13's. has anyone else had same/different results on their 07 coupe with the same mods? has anyone dyno'd their bone stock 07 coupe 6MT? i know that 228HP number doesnt really mean anything because i have no other number to compare it to, but if anyone has any personal experience to post, please free to. maybe sometime in the next month, i hopefully will be able to put on the HKS exhaust, FI 300 Metallic HFC's and a UTEC so i can make the most power out of my mods, and fix my A/F ratio.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
even if people dynoed a stock 07 coupe and gave u numbers it does NOT mean anything, it is NOT comparabale. The only time u can compare a dyno from another car is when it gets done on the same dyno and the same day right after or before ur car. Other than that the dyno numbers are useless.
11s and 12s is very high actually close to dangerous. So if i was u, i would NOT go WOT till u get it tuned.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Lisa Fleming=HOT!!!
yea, i guess its not comparable. well, i've been easy on the gas pedal lately so i dont screw anything up. thats why im planning to go buy a utec REAL soon and get it tuned at function tuned cuz buying another engine is the last thing i want to do.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Dave at functiontuned is awesome,just ask him what you should do.Also he has a dynodynamics dyno which reads lower then just about all other dyno,s out there.His dyno is called the heartbreaker for a reason.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Lisa Fleming=HOT!!!
haha yea, it def broke my heart when i saw the 228. hopefully i can order the utec tomorrow so i can make some more power under the hood.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
1+ for Klubbheads.

You need a tune; that should really awaken your car.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:52 AM
Lisa Fleming=HOT!!!
i ordered the utec today and hopefully my car will "slim" down a bit...

Old 10-19-2007, 05:40 PM
What dyno was this on?

Dynojet?

Those dyno figures are easier to compare as they tend to read about the same from dyno to dyno.

And one more thing, how is high 11s and 12s dangerous??? Did i miss something?

Running rich doesnt hurt, Its detonating that does.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Banned
Wondering how your A/F got into the 11 and 12's for a N/A car ? Have you ever flashed your ECU ? Get the A/F up to around 13 to 1 and ppower will go up quite a bit .

Old 11-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by BolivianFuego
What dyno was this on?

Dynojet?

Those dyno figures are easier to compare as they tend to read about the same from dyno to dyno.

And one more thing, how is high 11s and 12s dangerous??? Did i miss something?

Running rich doesnt hurt, Its detonating that does.
Exactly. 12:1 A/Fs aren't dangerous. Not ideal, but not dangerous in the least. 14:1+ A/Fs above 5000rpms are dangerous because like you said, you're running lean and could experience detonation, though the ECU would catch it and keep you from destroying the motor. With forced induction, it could wreck the motor though.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Yep, sad thing i hear though is with G35s there still isnt a Standalone ECU yet? Is this true?

Old 12-04-2007, 07:09 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Yep, sad thing i hear though is with G35s there still isnt a Standalone ECU yet? Is this true?
Yes and no. Not PNP, but then again standalones aren't really plug and play and wouldn't be recommended for DD. And before all the FCON nuthuggers jump in, the V-Pro is not a true standalone; it still needs the OEM ECU to work, as does the Haltech.

The AEM is the only true standalone and it requires a lot of rewiring, but it does work as a true standalone. It's not for the faint hearted though. True standalone aftermarket ECU's should only be used on race prepped cars. They're completely unnecessary for DD, even if you're making 600whp.

And +1 on 11's and 12's not being dangerous. You're actually running rich, which is weird, but it might be because you don't have more free-flowing exhaust. The more air you suck in, the faster you need to push it out. I think you'll see some real gains with an exhaust.

Last edited by 617G; 12-04-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Hmm... because i would be interested, in a some form of standalone ecu for my NA setup i would plan for my future g35. I own a honda, and a company called Hondata reprograms stock ECU's, basically chipping them so you access to datalog, and use the stock primary o2 sensor to clean up the AF's, and also you can mess with timing, and cam angles as the cam angles are controlled by the computer. Is that possible with any option for G35s? And maybe a 2 step hehehe.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:38 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Hmm... because i would be interested, in a some form of standalone ecu for my NA setup i would plan for my future g35. I own a honda, and a company called Hondata reprograms stock ECU's, basically chipping them so you access to datalog, and use the stock primary o2 sensor to clean up the AF's, and also you can mess with timing, and cam angles as the cam angles are controlled by the computer. Is that possible with any option for G35s? And maybe a 2 step hehehe.
You can do almost all of the above with a piggybacks such as the Utec and Emanage Ultimate. Or, you can get more control with a Fcon V-Pro, but be prepared to pay > $2,000 for the unit and install.

If I were you, I'd drop the NA route unless you're stroking the motor or putting in high compression pistons. With over $7,000 spent on every NA mod and a Fcon, the highest you would attain is roughly 300whp and not worth it IMHO. Nissan has squeezed a lot of power out of the VQ, and there isn't much left. I'd get a ST if I were you and call it a day. I think the rev-up motor with variable valve timing on the exhaust side has more potential, but still not worth it.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:07 PM
I saw a bone stock G35 6MT 05 do 224 on a Mustang Dyno the other day. Seems about normal...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno'd my car today at Function Tuned.