Where to buy a dyno?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 11:24 AM
_jb
Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HomieG35
Wow, PM me if you want any info about UTI. I'm a graduate from there... I'm currently in nursing school.... Sounds like you are missing out on some key points about the school before you drop $25,000 on it.
Care to share those key points with the rest of us?

Since you went there and are now in nursing school, it would seem that you were unhappy with the school?

Old 10-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
First off, be 100% sure this is what you want to do with your life before you enroll. As I'm sure you know the tuition for the auto school is upwards of $20,000 and if you take diesel (like me), it takes on another 5 months or so, and another $10,000.

In order to go to the school you need to have a representative come to your home and interveiw you, and set up the paper work. I was told things like, "you must keep a clean appearence, hair cut, fitted jeans (not lose), boots - steel toe recommended" etc., etc. This was not the case once you got into the school- it was the complete opposite. They also told me the school like you to have a job while going there, this was also false as most of the kids didn't work.

On tour everything will look neat, clean, and pretty cool. That's because they only give tours on "open-house" dates... we would clean the **** out of everything the day before the tours were due to arrive. The other 99% of the time the place, tools, and cars were filthy, and nasty.

The cars you will have to work on are not like you see in the commerical. You won't EVER touch a car newer than about 2001, in some cases you will have a car that is about 2003, but not much newer. You won't do what you see in commercials, beinding over working on an Audi TT, Mustang, Mercedes, etc. EVER. The majority of the cars you work on will be mid 90's Cavaliers, Sunfires, Buicks, and the like. Most of which are cut in half right behind or infront of the the drivers and passanger seats (since all you need is the engine anyway). The cars will also be drenched in graffitti, cuss words, and literally be torn up and picked apart.

The instructors aren't much better. They are retired men from the field. They'll cuss, spit, and really not care about anything but how "this is what they did in the old times". There are a few acceptions, but not many.

The school will help you get a job, and a place to live. But only if you persue it, and persue it all the time. They are just kind of there, it's still up to you do all the work. They'll hand you a peice of paper not knowing any more info that the number that's written down for you to call.

5 days before I was due to graduate and had already made my mind up to move back home and go to a regular college they called me and a few others out of class and said, "due to your outstanding grades BMW has offered you guys the chance to skip the BMW program and training and go straight into the dealership working" None of us took it... they waited too long to tell us and we already had other plans.