Who wants to tune an E-Ultimate?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 01:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slider, you may want to look into doing the Osiris Tuner, and the PMAS MAF we have available.

You won't have the override nonsense from the ECU fighting the piggyback because you'll be tuning directly on the ECU itself, and with the new MAF you'll be able to support roughly 1000hp of air flow.

I know it seems like a big push financially, but it's a solid option, and you seem like you have a good grasp when it comes to tuning so it should be a fairly powerful tool in your hands.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I have looked at the Osirus a little, but I always wondered how AFR is monitored in a car that has no wideband sensor. The HPX MAF sounds like a good improvement, details about installation and adjustments necessary after install are not included in the information on the site. I'd really like to know exactly what I am getting into before I spend the time and money to change it. Does it just scale the 0-5v better than the stock sensor?

Old 03-04-2009, 01:28 PM
/\ That is one of my other concern with Osirs, Osiris dont offer third party WB support yet so you will have to go to a dyno or use the OEM 02 sensor to tune.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by sliderg35
I have looked at the Osirus a little, but I always wondered how AFR is monitored in a car that has no wideband sensor. The HPX MAF sounds like a good improvement, details about installation and adjustments necessary after install are not included in the information on the site. I'd really like to know exactly what I am getting into before I spend the time and money to change it. Does it just scale the 0-5v better than the stock sensor?
You add a third party wideband with RPM and datalogging. You can overlay the information you need. If your car came without widebands anyway.

The MAF is just rescaled for metering higher flow than the stock. If your stock MAF is maxing the voltage, then it's an option when running our software. We only list it on our site so our Pro Tuners can purchase it. We're still adding more info to the website.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by UpRev
The MAF is just rescaled for metering higher flow than the stock. If your stock MAF is maxing the voltage, then it's an option when running our software. We only list it on our site so our Pro Tuners can purchase it. We're still adding more info to the website.
So, if you just replace the MAF with your HPX MAF, would the car run the same without re-tuning and flashing the stock ECU? (I'm thinking "no", but please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Old 03-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by sliderg35
So, if you just replace the MAF with your HPX MAF, would the car run the same without re-tuning and flashing the stock ECU? (I'm thinking "no", but please correct me if I'm wrong.)
No you'd need to recalibrate the MAF curve, using the stock ECU you'll need our program as no other software exists on the market currently that can support the PMAS HPX MAF, which is why we retail it on our site, and no one else really does.

If you're using a full standalone that is set up for MAF, then the same thing, you just adjust the MAF curve for it.