Bullydog tripledog programmer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You have a right to your opinion but you don't have it so how would you know? How can you say something is a fake when you haven't tried it. That's like calling me a liar and Im know liar. When I do deside to dyno my care it will be for my satisfaction.......not to prove anything to anybody.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Now, does anyone know where I can find a single gauge pillar for the G35 coupes?

Old 02-12-2011, 07:23 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
Everyone know there own car. You reset the ECU, it feel like you gain 20HP. I can say you don't know how much the BD adds and what your gain is. All you can say is that your car now has better response in performance. Better response adds nothing in HP.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Okay so how do you explain the faster 0-60 times, faster 1/4 mile times, and higher 1/4 mile top speed? You can on accomplish that with an improvement in performance. Look why are you so down on this programmer when you have never tested one?

Old 02-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by Louisiana G35
Yes I read them and to just go by one or two guys gains is ridiculous. Everyones car is different. There is more than response to the car. Im not going to go through the arguments about this subject again. I know my car and the way it performs now. I avreaged 29mpg on my trip at 65mph witch I didnt get before. It seems that the programmer actually retunes the computer to run more efficiently. When everyone posts all of there gains on the dyno I will post mine. Until then Im satisfied with the gains I have recieved from the programmer. It took 2 full seconds off my 0-60 time, 4 tenths off my 1/4 time and added 6 seconds to my 1/4 mile top speed so there is definatly a gain in power. All this was done before and after the install using the performance test. I did 3 runs each between stock and 91 performance and the runs were consistant. Dynos are done inside a building with a large fan simulating airflow. I don't believe it could simulate airflow traveling at 80-90 mph so they are not as accurate as you may think. I have made my post on this subject and im sticking with my facts. The Bullydog programmer is a very good programmer that has added better performance and gas milege to my car, it's worth every penny I spent on it. If someone lost power using this tuner then they don't have any clue to what they are doing. I reinstalled my factory intake and installed the program. my friend owns the same identicle car but his is an 02 model. We ran our cars twice and each race I jumped him 0-60 and by the time we were finished at the 1/4 mile i was 4 car lengths ahead of him. When we raced stock the cars were neck and neck through out the race and the 1/4 mile was by a nose, depending on who had the best reaction time. Thats plenty enough proff for me.
I was open for believing that this programmer could yield some performance, but seriously, your car changed that much? From being neck and neck to a 4-car length finish is a huge jump. 2 full seconds off your 0-60? That's almost as fast as a GTR. And all of this while actually getting 29 mpg, when the majority of us see around 17 mpg? I call bs until there's there's track slips and dyno sheets.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Just think about it. Your probable the, i don't know 7th person to own one out of few thousand on these forms. So you are saying ur 0-60 is 3.7 seconds. That would mean you have maybe a 11-12 second car w/ just the BD system. people who are turbo are just hitting the 12 second mark. Turbo 100+hp vs. BD 30hp at best. If that is the case why is everyone not jumping all over this system. I call BS. The BD is not that great of a system and you don't know what your talking about. You can shut me up by proving it on the Dyno's and track and if those numbers are true ill take back everything i say about the BD.

Last edited by bluedevils95; 02-12-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Louisiana G35
Okay so how do you explain the faster 0-60 times, faster 1/4 mile times, and higher 1/4 mile top speed? You can on accomplish that with an improvement in performance. Look why are you so down on this programmer when you have never tested one?

I have been trying to stay out of this, but I must chime in now.
I will explain it all. I dont doubt that you feel a difference, you will because you reset your ecu. Our cars have an adaptive ECU that learns your driving style and adjust to that.
As far the "gains" it's mostly in your head. I am sorry, but you will not gain 4/10th of a second in the quarter mile, shave 2 seconds off your 0-60 and 6mph to your 1/4 mile speed. Do you know how much of a power increase it takes to do that? You are not going to achieve that with a few (if any) hp increase from a programmer.

So either you had really crappy "before times", the BD programmer is strocking your ego, or you have the one and only "super" programmer. If what you say is correct you should be running about 3.9 seconds 0-60 and sub 14 sec 1/4 mile.

Not likely.
I'm not new to cars, modding them, drag racing at the track, or programmers. Ive done my fair share of the above.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
2 secs off your 0-60??!?!?! ROFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLL

You may have had a bit of credibility saying your car felt a bit more responsive, but saying something as stupid as the IMMENSE increases in your 0-60 and 1/4 mile. HA NUB!

Old 02-12-2011, 10:31 PM
do you have to reset your ECU for the BD system? If so, never knew that. I thought it was a plug and go thing.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to see a time slip! Pic or GTFO! Sorry, I've done probably around 40+ passes in my coupe an for me to gain 6mph would take about 70whp. There is NO progammer/tuner that will give you that big of a gain n/a with bolt-ons.

BTW, other than the tune, what else is done to your car? What was your before and after times and mph's?

Any clarification and pictures of timeslips will help.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Wow? I never said I ran a 3.7 or 3.9 0-60 time? I said I took 2 full seconds off my time. Stock I ran a 6.5 and 6.6 0-60 time and with the premium progem I ran 6.3 run the first time and 6.4 the next. My 1/4 time stock 14.8 stock and was 14.4 and 14.3 with the tune. my top speed was 89mph and my best now is 95mph. God you guys act like I just created a monster or something. The programmer comes with a performance test just like at the drag strip. I did 2 runs each in the stock and performance tune. My friend has the samr car i have but his is an 02 model. I know what happened that day and so did he? he asked me how in the hell did I beat him like that when we had the same car, and I showed him the bully dog system. I had a Pop charger kit on the car but I put my stock unit back on because the gains they advertize or on a stock car. My car is know where near GTR times and I never said that. You guys are over reacting, really. Better fuel economy is a by product of increased hp/trq. If you are getting 17mpg on the highway in your car then you should seriously consider a tune up cause my gas milege had never been that bad. I was getting 21 -22mpg before the tune. The GT tuner optimizes your engine to run more efficiently while adding more hp/trq. Also, it was 24 degrees last night when I did my runs, cold as hell. So even the worse of cars could gain a little more power. And no you don't have to reset your computer, you just install the tune. I use the 91 octane tune, changed rev limiter from 6400rpms to 7100 max, and changed the speed limiter from 140 to 180mph max. The tuner is doing the same thing as all the others Osiris and access port. The difference that the tunes in the programmer are already set and ready to go and the others are done as you go. Each time you add another aftermarket product they can adjust for the gains. The adjustment for the rev limiter on the programmer does the samething because the hp/trq from the pop charger doesn't kick in until about 6800 to 7000rpms but the staock rev limiter was maxed at 6400rpms. Guys you can get 11-15 hp by just installing an intake, exhaust, and power wire so why wouldn't a programmer that retunes the entire computer be able to give me respectable gains. And the intake and exhaust post came out of a Dsports mag on a 06 G35 coupe that was put on the dyno. It's not that big of a deal guys.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
^What you meant to say is you dropped .2 seconds off your 0-60.

People are just skeptical since its not widely used, plus you said it dropped 2 full seconds off your time which is impossible with any N/A tune.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:02 PM
You claim that this BD is soooo amazing, then why is only you and just maybe a hand full of guys out of a few thousand not jumping all over this? Oh i know, it because it's a hoax! if you want to prove us wrong.... dyno.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:24 PM
No I meant just what I said...2 full seconds. You can drop a second or 2 off reaction time by itself. You snooze, you loose. 2 seconds is nothing 0-60. The time starts when my car starts moving. If I use the christmas tree it would go by my reaction time. Some people have a quicker reaction time than others and that can be the difference between winning and loosing a race. If my friends reaction time was slower than mine by a second and I pulled on him from the added hp/trq then it would be nothing to gain 2 seconds on him at 60mph. And because of the trans tune the car shifts hard through each gear while his begins to slug in 3rd or 4th then it shouldn't be hard for you guys to understand why I beat him the way I did. They should not be skeptical just because it's not what they use. Im not questioning the gains or performance of the access port or Osiris. The only difference in the programmer and those is that the software has already been optimized and installed in the programmer. I also have the ability to download software or new packages that may have been added after I bought the programmer. The only advantage of the others is that you have the ability to have custom programs made depending on the aftermarket goodies you chose to install. Either way they all serve the same purpose. I just chose to purchase a programmer that already has 2 performance packages already installed and optimized for my vehicle application, that's all guys. The gains that was posted by a member from the Osiris was 11.8hp and 18pnft. so why would it be so impossible for me to recieve the same gains or better with my programmer? Like I said, it was 24 degrees when I did my runs. For you to simulate that temp on a dyno you would have to put the car in an freezer or airconditioned building because a fan is not going to do it. Im 42 years old and have had quit a few performance cars and truck so I know when a vehicle performs better due to added performance. The numbers are right in my face and the race between me and my friend was real. Everyone that has the Osiris and access port has not dynoed there vehicles to varify their gains. They mostly go by what other guys have told them they recieved on the dyno from their cars. So why do I have to continue to be questioned about the gains I may have recieved from my tune? It sounds kind of one sided to me. I would never question or make negative comments about something I have never used or tried so I would ask the same respect of all of you.....

Old 02-13-2011, 06:33 PM
2 full seconds is BS. If i got the BD system your saying it will shave 1-2 seconds off my 0-60 time? D*MN!!!! what am i waiting for. if i did a 5.9 seconds 0-60 i can get 3.9-4-9 0-60 time. I would be almost as fast as a GTR!!! Sh*T!!! what are we waiting for!?! Let all get the BULLY DOG SYSTEM!!!

NOT!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bullydog tripledog programmer