Dyno Stock 2004 G35 6MT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
**UPDATE**Dyno Stock 2004 G35 6MT

***Update 1/21/12

The third dyno sheet is my before and after Vortech install. The only other mod I made before the Vortech system was install an ARK Grip V2 Dual Exhaust which made 14whp/15wtq and before this was the spacer on sheet 2. These numbers are untune prior to the Vortech.

I also included a sheet that shows my gains at 100 octane.

Here is my Vortech build link.
https://g35driver.com/forums/forced-...ech-build.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I installed the MD 5/16 Copper Iso and Thermal plenum spacer this week and got it dyno'd today at zcargarge again. This mod made the car run lean so I need to reflash to gain the maximum output from the spacer. I did get decent gains at certain points in the rpm. But you can see it detonates at certain places in the higher rpm's. So far this is the only mod I have added. Best bang for the buck I still agree!

I'm installing my ARK grip dual exhaust once I return from vacation. I also put down a deposit on a vortech v3 complete system with stillen headers, JWT cams, ZCG oil cooler and JWT clutch/flywheel so that ZCG can order the parts and have this ready for me when I return. I also picked up resonated HFC's from Tony at Fast Intentions over the 4th of July weekend. ZCG will install these at no extra cost since they are doing the headers. I’m so excited and can't wait to be FI!! Here is the dyno chart. I will continue toupdate this thread!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello All,

Just want to share my dyno chart that was performed today by Z Car Garage in San Jose on a DynoJet. I wanted to get a baseline before I start to modify. About where I expected to be on a stock engine. This dyno was done on my heavy as 20" rims. Not sure if it makes a difference or not?.

I'm thinking about the Vortech Complete system becuase of Carb # (Cali Sucks) or say F@#$ it and go TT (JWT OR GTM Kit) and hopefully I never had to deal with the . But at least I can start on some air mods for now. Any and all suggestions/advice welcomed. And of course the flamers too!!

Attached Thumbnails Dyno Stock 2004 G35 6MT-g35-baseline-stock-dyno-002.jpg   Dyno Stock 2004 G35 6MT-g35-baseline-stock-dyno-001.jpg   Dyno Stock 2004 G35 6MT-juan-f-final-base-line.jpg   Dyno Stock 2004 G35 6MT-juan-felix-g35-27-100-octane-run.jpg  

Last edited by unvmyg; 01-21-2012 at 12:38 PM. Reason: updating
Old 06-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by unvmyg
(Cali Sucks)
I agree

Old 06-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing wrong with those numbers. Nothing wrong with a Vortech kit either. You can't get too much boost before you're looking at a forged motor anyway.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
+1. anything over 375 and i don't see it be dependable enough to have fun yet last long enough. good numbers to start with tho. looks like you got a decent pulling motor to mod.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Are those numbers about average for a stock VQ?

Old 06-14-2011, 08:13 PM
from the research I have done it seams to be the norm.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:45 AM
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Good start, always a great idea to start with a baseline. What do you have plan for your car? I also go to ZCG and got most of my car modification done there.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:41 PM
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Probably lost 10-12whp from the 20in, but good baseline.

Definitely start with a plenum spacer and work your way back through the exhaust. Stock intake with a z tube and a drop in (brand of your choice) should be fine. With most breather mods a tune should get you around 265-275whp. At that point you should be set for a nice vortech kit, although getting the engine built before may save your block if you decide to run too much boost. :P

Old 06-17-2011, 03:49 AM
Heavier unsprung rotational mass does make a negative difference on the entire power band, but you won't see it on the dyno runs done at Z car garage. I've done some dyno testing on this before from wheels, to rotors, as well as the items that lighten the crankshaft assembly.

To get a significant amount of gains in power without a SC or turbo will be expensive. My first/second round of modifications got me to the point of 280whp (net max gains of ~45whp/435wtq) on ZCG's dyno and i basically had all the possible bolt-ons as well as cams and tune. The total cost of that was 7k, which is basically dropping in a vortech with roughly half the gains. However almost nobody just drops in a vortech, they always add some supporting mods which then would make it more expensive.

That being said, it's really up to how much you are willing to spend on your car and what you want it to do for you. As for me, it was more of a fun project rather than me wanting huge power. So for the current stage of my car, I've stayed in the path of non-forced induction and practically went all out from having a higher displacement and higher compression engine (you can see my garage for my mods or head over to my350z in the NA build section and find my thread). I now make the power of a healthy supercharged g35 with supporting mods but with a better power band and a much much heavier price tag. Was it worth it? Yes without a doubt but not to everyone. So my advice to you is, see what you really want out of this so that you don't get dissapointed or waste money. Hope this helps.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the advice guys. After some thought out plans for the G I think im going to go with the Vortech system just to keep it legal. Being that I'm from Cali I think this will be the safest route.

I'm going to take your advice Gabe and start with some supporting mods and maybe by the end of the year pull the trigger on a V3 complete system and upgrade the fuel system and EMS. I'm going to do some research and see what is good for the vortech.

Im going to keep the stock engine and if need be, I will worry about upgrading the shortblock or longblock after the fact, then I will go big. But for now, my goal really is just to have around 375-400hp and around 350tq. I will however upgrade my clutch system and flywheel, add an oil cooler, and maybe even the pathfinder mod to keep things cooled.

I know things can get expensive but I'm well prepared. I will keep an updated progression in my garage and add some pics. Again thanks for advice all.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Just a note on the Vortech. It will be nearly impossible to be smog legal (test and visual) and still be smog legal while hitting your power goals. The test is only once every two years so you can always swap out the cats and have an alternate smog friendly tune.

Not sure if you've seen this, but it's a great thread on my350z.com that talks about the vortech. http://my350z.com/forum/forced-induc...questions.html The crowd over there are a little more abbrassive but there is much more information about boost. Hope this helps.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Those are good numbers mine was 230ish with intake, exhaust and a plenum spacer but I am also at a high altitude. Those numbers seem good i would start wiyh the vortech and the 350whp or what ever they come out of the box with another 120whp is a huge difference then if you feel you need more after that do some upgrades for more power.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the advice again guys. Gabe, yes, I’m aware if anything in the complete vortech system is changed its technically not smog legal anymore, but just having the carb stamp/paperwork will help deter the popo if they ever do a visual on me. I know I can do it cheaper if I get the tuner kit but that system doesn't come with the carb stamp so basically I’m paying the extra just for the stamp and paperwork.

I did read the 350Z forum vortech post from beginning to end that, lol. I have been doing research for several months now. But I’m still researching and will be until the system is complete.

I would love to go TT but I'm afraid of getting refereed and then having to spend more money just to have it uninstalled. Not worth it for me. Plus my goals are attainable with the Vortech system.

I’m buying my breather and support mods now for the charger if I see a good price from members. Then I will purchase a new Vortech system hopefully within the next 2-3 months.

I just placed my pre-order for a ARK Grip dual exhaust, 5/16" Copper Iso Thermal plenum spacer from a G35 member (might switch to 1/2 upon install of charger) and bought some new DW 600cc injectors from another member for a good price. I’m also looking at the FI HFC and FI HFC resonated cats not sure if I want to go TP from Art. Don’t really want to deal with gas smell. Still debating on headers but not sure if they are worth the money getting mix signals from different posts. Im not really worried about the labor charges for these mods as me and my mechanic barter work. I do all his electrical and he does the labor on all my cars. Not sure if I want to tackle the install myself. He has no experience with a vortech install so I might have ZCG take care of this for me plus the guages and tune.

I will continue to update this post. Thanks in advance to anyone that chimes in and has done so already!

Last edited by unvmyg; 06-21-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:48 PM
updated

Old 07-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Very cool! ZCG has done a few of those install and had awesome gains. Are you going the Osiris way? Might have to add anohter 1.5k in misc expenses to support that powerful setup. When do you come back from vacation?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno Stock 2004 G35 6MT